Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 13 - 19 💘

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

Monday, February 13

Look to the skies! Tonight we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

This moon phase is part of the Waning Cycle :arrow_double_down: , so check out the Waning Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

Thursday, February 16

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

Friday, February 17

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

Friday, February 17 at 1:00 PM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the second of two live healing sessions this month.

You can visit the EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: February 2023

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange Category of the forum.

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including special dates and spellwork!) delivered right to your email inbox, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Circles in Magick :o:

Magickal Circles Casting Draw Circle Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, February 14 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 3 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXIV - Readers’ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, February 28 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Tuesday, February 28.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@clare2 - @marsa - @madison17 - @Red1957 - @amber77 - @pam6 - @martine - @tonya11 - @stephanie20 - @prerna - @eric9 - @rhiah - @luna9 - @GemRobin76 - @raychel - @Witchy.Lynny - @nichole12 - @vincent1 - @vanessa4 - @daniel1 - @darlene5 - @misty18 - @renee12 - @danielle45 - @hellz - @nicole70 - @anise - @pauine4 - @emily54 - @gael - @lisa71 - @brenda18 - @latisha4 - @laciana - @MariaV - @Phenyx13 - @laura47 - @chandra1 - @jenifer1 - @amber78 - @krystine - @ruledbythemoon - @katherine26 - @kathryn7 - @ronnie1 - @joni - @audrey8 - @annika1 - @Isabeiia - @camille2 - @coyote - @kasey1 - @shaquaisa - @bobbi5 - @jennifer142 - @sheneica - @linzie - @Robin19 - @katherine27 - @rachel55 - @bianca3 - @michelle79 - @sofia3 - @faith7 - @carla10 - @natalie20 - @mckenzie4 - @CeeLilly - @kaye

If you haven’t done so already, please say hello by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hey! to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

The top posters and sharers from this past week are:

• @Aurora_Hestia - for sharing the most hearts and posts (on a two-week streak!) :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded a special badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period) . Those who have won the badge 5 times will no longer be counted, as they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame !

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

So many festivals and holidays this week- which (if any) will you be celebrating? :tada: And will you be working any magick for the Last Quarter Moon? :last_quarter_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :cupid::sparkles:

16 Likes

Congrats @Aurora_Hestia! May you keep shining like the light of neon waves in the forum! :wink: :hugs:
Blessed be my friend! :kissing_heart:
:people_hugging: :hearts: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Congratulations! Look at you sharing all the hearts and posts and everything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll be in and out of the forum all week long. We have so many things to do this week, plus I’ve got several videos planned to record on Thursday, the only day I don’t have anywhere to go :laughing:

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

14 Likes

Congratulations :tada: Thank you for all of your contributions throughout the forum! :confetti_ball:

I should have an easier week this week, should… I do have my rescheduled eye appointment tomorrow, then my regular weekly appointment on Wednesday. But those are both in the AM so shouldn’t be too bad at all.

I’m hoping to get back to a little bit of normalcy this week. We had a great weekend & I’m hoping that my daughter has a better week at school. She was in good spirits all weekend & this morning, so crossing my fingers that it continues! :revolving_hearts:

I started a new shawl in a type of shell pattern & learned how to read a crochet pattern from a chart! I’ve never even seen a pattern done in chart form, so that was really cool to learn!

13 Likes

Auarora Hestia
Thank you :blush: for sharing your love :heart: and hard work and devotion!
We need more positive energy like you!
Jeannie

11 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1 @Susurrus @MeganB @Solasta_Amore and @BryWisteria! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We’ll be celebrating a few of these holidays and learning about some new to us ones, I think! We have a bit of a false Spring right now so I’m enjoying some open windows and some time outside before it gets back to cold temps again.

Wishing everyone a wonderfully magickal week this week! :sparkles:

14 Likes

Big Hugs :hugs: & Congratulations :partying_face: Ashley
Thank you :pray: for sharing your love :heart: and wisdom with us! You are a blessing!

@Aurora_Hestia for sharing the most hearts and posts (on a two-week streak!) :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you :pray: Megan! I hope you have an extra special and wonderful week! You will be missed! :heart:

@MeganB I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

12 Likes

Congratulations to @Aurora_Hestia! Look at you go! You’re a superstar!

Guys, guys, guys! My leg is officially healed! George is gone! I can unwrap my leg and shower it tomorrow! LOL! I’ve got to keep wraps on my leg to keep more ulcers from happening but it’s better than compression socks and easier to do. I’m so happy! It’s been a long time. Thank you all for your love and healing and support!

This week is busy for me. I’ll be going out again to go shopping on Wednesday and that’s always a journey. Hopefully, it’ll go easier this time. Walmart has better motorized carts than Krogers.

Then on Friday, I don’t know what I’ll be doing but I’ll be doing something! LOL!

@MeganB, I hope you have some time to breathe this week, sounds like it’ll be a busy one!

@Susurrus I hope your appointments go well and everything gets back to normal for you. Good luck with your shawl!

I hope everyone here has a good week! Love you, people!

11 Likes

Ohh my Gods! :clap: :tada: That’s so freakin’ exciting! Oh man, I’m so happy for you! I’m gonna be so happy when I can take you off the Energy Exchange Circle :o: :partying_face: We will throw a party!

I do have my time all planned out, and I included breaks :laughing: so I’m sure I’ll be alright. It’s a good kind of busy, though. We are doing field trips and homeschool parties for Valentine’s day – all good things!

12 Likes

I know! I’m having mini-cupcakes tomorrow to celebrate! I’m so excited I could dance if I wasn’t motion challenged. LOL!

Ooh, field trips and Valentine’s. Sounds like a fun sort of chaos. Hope it all goes well!

11 Likes

Have a mini cupcake for me, okay! :heart: I’m super happy for you, like genuinely from the bottom of my heart happy!

9 Likes

Aww, thank you! :blush: That makes me even happier!

10 Likes

I am looking forward to Valentines :gift_heart: day tomorrow to celebrate :confetti_ball: with my honey :honey_pot:
I feel blessed to have him in my life.
I am glad I have someone to share my life with. I am thinking of putting a bunch of love notes :notes: around the house :house:
Be mine
I love you :two_hearts: etc etc
I hope everyone has a magical week too and even if you don’t have anyone I hope you know you always have our coven as a support! When I was single I use to get annoyed of the holiday or feel lonely! I hope those that don’t have anyone give there selves some extra love! :people_hugging: and :kiss:
Jeannie

12 Likes

Oh my gosh! Congrats honey!! :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: I am sooo happy for you, I really am! May you be blessed with perfect health and happiness, forever:hugs: :people_hugging: Love you Amethyst! :sparkling_heart: :two_hearts:

12 Likes

giphy
Gif from Giphy

That is AWESOME news!!! :partying_face:

Awww Amethyst, I am so excited for you- it has been quite the healing journey you’ve been on, my friend! Good bye forever, Fred and George- Amethyst is freeeeee! :heart:

(Have a cupcake for me too, please- I’m celebrating your healing success! :partying_face: :cupcake:)

12 Likes

Thank you so much, love! I’m feeling very good today! Love you too!

LOL! I love the party scene there! I’m just so glad to be rid of that worry, you know? Now I can focus on other things.

I’ll never say no to extra cupcakes! LOL!

13 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details, you can visit the full post by clicking the picture and/or link below (a gentle reminder to please remember to log in to access content in A Sacred Space)

2-16 peace and guidance meditation

(Group Ritual - Feb 16) :dove: Meditation for Peace & Guidance

This week finds us halfway through February and rapidly approaching the New Moon- why not take some time to slow down and find a bit of light for yourself during this dark time of year? :waning_crescent_moon: Invoke peace and seek freedom from stress and anxiety with this soothing meditation :candle:

Looking forward to sharing a quiet moment and warm cup of something tasty with you then- cheers, Infinite Roots! :dove::coffee: :heart:

12 Likes

omg this meditation is much needed this week :sweat_smile: perfect timing, as always! We’ve been on the same wavelength for a few weeks in a row, Bry!

12 Likes

Thank you @marsha and @Amethyst! :sparkling_heart:

YAAAAAY! I am so happy for you! And yay for being able to shower it - I remember when I got stitches and couldn’t do anything with my knee. It was awful! The first shower was amazing. So happy for you :heart:

Excited for this one!

10 Likes