Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 21 - 27 🌜

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

On Wednesday, January 23rd , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, February 24th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Ritual - Imbolc Time

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, February 25th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Everyday Magick :broom:

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Everyday Mundane Magick

This challenge will close on Tuesday, February 22nd at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Everyday Magick :broom:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XV (Feb 18 - Mar 18)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 18th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: February 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Monday, February 28 .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit February 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Monday, February 28th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@EternalIndigo, @sarah2, @Ravenwolf, @michael, @joshua9, @casey9, @jahnell, @corinne, @jennifer86, @alisha6, @jules1, @stavroula, @aryel, @miranda9, @elizabeth25, @yariza, @nyxblackroot, @eileen1, @angelica3, @lacey2, @melissa30, @alicia17, @mary36, @cindy9, @christdon, @lily1, @ashleigh6, @jamie20, @victoria26, @stacy9, @bri2, @heather2, @shanon, @jade9, @victoria29, @rachel28, @khristina, @dannidoll, @hayley2, @keller, @stephanie19, @roselind, @tierrah, @jadeskye13, @myakay, @Storm1313, @heather50, @audry, @beatriz, @omer, @veronica9, @zandra, @bobbi2, @Theo, @chris11, @mandy9, @rachel29, @hayley3, @erin17, @kathi, @brandy7, @april24, @Bennu_Ka, @tina14, @christina30, @sandra10, @ChelleLloyd, @sarah49, @hector, @savannah6, @jenny6, @PhoenixFire, @Isis_2222, @stephanie44, @kelsey5, @juliannah, @delia3, @samantha55, @kimberly1, @jamie21, @amber3, @jordon, @tina15, @ginny, @mary37, @lexis, @sabrina11, @holli, @julia13, @mindy1, @miranda10, @stacey8, @cassie3

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Three cheers to @marsha who shared the most posts and hearts this week! :heart: :writing_hand: For all the love you share and enthusiasm you spread, thank you so much- the forum is so blessed to have you here! :partying_face:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

If you’re a Green Witch, have you started your springtime seeding/garden plans? :seedling: And to the Moon Witches, will you be doing anything for the Last Quarter Moon this week? :last_quarter_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Congratulations @marsha! Yay for all you do!

We have apartment inspections next Monday so I’ll be doing my spring cleaning with Sally and decorating for Ostara. I just have a few decorated eggs and some artificial tulips to put out but they should make the room look cheery.

And I think that’s quite enough to be worrying about this week. LOL. We’ll be busy.

Hope y’all are having a good start to the week!

10 Likes

I didn’t get seeds started but I did plant some onions and my cabbage is doing really good!

I’ve got more weeding to do but that’ll have to wait. It’s been a very busy day!

10 Likes

Looks good, @MeganB! Still a little chilly here to put plants in the ground, but I can’t wait to play in the dirt :rofl:

9 Likes

Congratulations to @marsha for all of your posts and hearts :writing_hand: :hearts: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Nice @MeganB for me it is way too early and cold for planting outside. Beginning of March time to start planting the seeds in the house and getting them ready for the garden. I miss the warm weather, I could easily live where there is warm weather all year round.

6 Likes

Congratulations @marsha! :tada: great job in the forum! :infinite_roots:

@MeganB we start getting ready about mid-March. We just need to replace the greenhouse after the blizzard. I have a list though & bought some seeds already. :hibiscus: :herb: :rosette:

I have a few things to get done this week. A couple of appointments have come up & I have to get something in the mail :mailbox: .

My husband’s coworker made my family a Deployment Stone to hang on our house :house:
When my brother comes home we write :pen: his last name, rank, branch :military_helmet:, dates, & where. Then we give it to my brother & he gives to someone he knows that is deploying for their family. When the back of the stone is filled it gets mailed back to a military :military_helmet: charity on Cape. I cant remember the name of it. Hope for Heroes? Something with Heroes in it.

So I let my brother know that we have 1. I can text him. But he just can’t always reply, which I totally get… he’s a bit busy in Ukraine :ukraine: :flushed:

I’m still finding things using all of my senses that make me smile or feel happy or safe or all 3! It really helps me be more self aware & in the moment plus is helping with my anxiety. Then I journal about them later.

I have been doing alternating devotionals between the Morrigan & Brighid. Both have been of great assistance the obstacles few months. Sometimes both in a day. I’m also working on being more in tune to nature around my home :house_with_garden: :relieved:

I have days that I need to take off for mental health days, but that’s okay. The physical part needs to be looked at because my wrist does not look normal. @MeganB & @BryWisteria can attest to to that. (Sorry ladies, but it was hard to explain)

I also received my new oracle deck & will be pulling from that tomorrow. I have cleansed them with sage & they are in my pillowcase tonight. :sparkles: :dizzy: :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Megan,
I hear planting onions is really easy because you can take the onion and cut a piece of it and plant it. Your amazing Megan, Maybe you could even make some onion soup I really like onion soup.
Siofra,
I like how you make something that is very difficult in your life and turn it into something magical. I like Your creativity and I hope the best for your brother and your family!
Jeannie

8 Likes

@Amethyst Good luck with your apartment inspections- I hope they go well and pass quickly! :pray: And awww the eggs and tulips sound like really lovely decorations for Ostara, hooray for getting into the spring mood! :tulip::blush: Same to you- hope your week is off to a great start! :sparkles:

@MeganB Wow, Megan- your garden is looking awesome! :heart_eyes: Congrats on the onions and cabbage, may everything you plant thrive this season! :onion: :leafy_green: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Debra2 Same here, Debra- it’s seedlings-only and strictly indoors here too. But no worries, the warm spring weather is on its way, I’m sure you’ll be out enjoying the warmth before you know it! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

@Susurrus The Deployment Stone is really lovely, Siofra- I didn’t know about that before. Now, if I see one, I’ll be able to appreciate everything it represents. Thanks for sharing, and sending good thoughts to your son in Ukraine! :pray: I hope your wrist is doing better and that the doctors are working to figure out what to do- big hugs and lots of positive energy coming your way, Siofra! :heart:

Wishing everyone a great start to the week! And have a blessed 2-22-2022!

5 Likes

You can regrow celery by placing the bottom end of the stalks, the part we usually cut off and don’t use, in a little dish of water. In a few days, roots will grow from the bottom and new stalks with grow from the top. After a week or so, you can plant in soil. If indoors, use a large part to get larger stalks.

8 Likes

@anon87969570 there’s a way to do potatoes using 2 large plastic planter pots. 1 has soil & holes cut into it & that goes inside the other. You plant the potatoes in the 1st pot & remove the 2nd pot to get the potatoes out of the 1st pot & put the 2nd pot back on when they are removed & start over.

My neighbor does it & there’s another trick she does :thinking: I’ll ask my daughter they are the 2 green thumbs.

I went to the doctor yesterday & have an appointment with the hand surgeon in early March. It’s a ganglion cyst in my tendon sheath next to the wrist joint. If it gets any worse then go to the ER. I’m wearing my soft splint to not use that hand especially not to lift anything heavy.

6 Likes

Oh no! That’s awful! Will be sending a lot of healing vibes, my love!

8 Likes

Mine went away on its own, but I feel for you! The words ganglion cyst are definitely “Baneful Mundane” (as opposed as baneful magic).

6 Likes

This 1 is quite large so they don’t want it to burst. It’s been close to a week since I noticed it.

Actually my daughter thought my bone was sticking broken & coming through.

Thank you though, it’s definitely not something I ever would have thought of having.

@Amethyst thank you, I’ll let you know what happens… Dun, dun… ooo… the original is coming back!

7 Likes

@debra2 it’s just one perk of living in Florida lol but it gets difficult to grow things in the summer because of the rain and humidity. So, we’ll see how long they last lol

@Susurrus that’s a beautiful sentiment with the deployment stone. I hope your brother stays safe and well in his deployment :heart:

@Jeannie1 yeah, it was very easy to plant these! They came in a bundle and just needed to be stuck in the ground lol I’ve never made onion soup, though! I’ll have to try that!

6 Likes

Siofra,
Maybe work with some garnet to help with some stability during this time. This is a healing stone maybe, You said your daughter has a injury so maybe working with garnet can give you and her strength and stability to stabilize and healing. It also gives renewal and I got this information on the Llewelyn’s complete book of correspondences bye Sandra Keynes
Nice thing about Garnet is you can call out to a goddess too and is connected to Athena and I am using this stone right know cause I need strength myself.
We still haven’t found a place but I must stay grounded and rooted.
Although it might not be the stone that best suited for you or your daughter. I just wanted to share how I am staying strong right know. I had a neighbor and he likes stones too and he needed Garnet and I gave it to him so now I’m out of Garnet but I did go to eBay and order me some more Garnet so it’s on its way! I just want to send you some love and protection my friend.
Jeannie

6 Likes

I hope everything goes well for you!

I KNOW! I can’t wait to see it! LOL! Dun, dun!

7 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.