Merry Meet Monday- Magick News of the Week! Jan 24 🌗

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

On Tuesday, January 25th , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, January 27th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

5560db479b61425a9c4ee5ae545a039867635a89

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, January 28th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for the next Sabbat on Tuesday, February 1st .

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Imbolc :candle:

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration-800x530

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Lughnasadh :bread:

What-is-Lughnasadh-360x240

Look for more information on these exciting holidays as well as celebration suggestions in next week’s Merry Meet Monday!

You can also explore the Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Your Magickal Muse :performing_arts:

Spells8 Witch Challenge Magickal Muse Creativity

This challenge will close on Tuesday, January 25th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Your Magickal Muse :performing_arts:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: January 2022 Oracle Card Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Monday, January 31 .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found on the daily in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit January 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Monday, January 31 .

[ [ Crystal Giveaway :gem: ] ]

@Christina4 is kindly offering a crystal giveaway open to all members of the forum!

Visit the Crystal Giveaway Post to learn more about what you can do for a chance to win some sparkly prizes :sparkles:

Crystal Giveaway

Just be sure to get your giveaway entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, February 2nd!

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Jan 14 - Feb 11)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 11th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

Please be aware that this month’s Flametender discussion will close on Monday, January 31 .

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@khyati, @hunter2, @laura32, @kimi, @117a, @aleesah, @rachel22, @rayne3, @carolann, @TheFlamingShrew, @era, @zenobia, @amanda54, @wendy14, @jane3, @emily, @michael11, @jennifer78, @tami2, @Kanelikorppi, @Char.K, @traci2, @alize, @tracey3, @jessica86, @travis3, @devlin, @jana2, @sharon1369, @sn11, @raven5, @leimomi, @kaiawolf, @marissa3, @sarah47, @eddie1, @maggie7, @dandy, @halie1, @lynelle, @barbara8, @torian, @Linda1166, @estell, @stephanieanne76, @MichelleTheGoodWitch, @tori5, @emilie, @hannah24, @dilltarot, @samantha53, @pamela14, @kyle1, @magdalene2, @sarah48, @candicorn320, @patricia16, @teresa6, @amber43, @alex6, @adele, @judith6, @monja, @alan, @ava3, @debbie6, @peanut, @tiphani, @angala, @jennifer79, @mary2, @madison11, @Ambyistic, @jessica87, @shanna1, @jennifer80, @hannah25, @molly4

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Ostara who shared the most posts over the past seven days! :writing_hand: It is always a pleasure to hear your thoughts and comments- thank you for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Well done to @Rachel21 for giving out the most hearts, on a two-week streak! :heart: The kindness and love you give does not go unnoticed- thank you for all you do! :revolving_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

It is the last week of the first month of the year- how is 2022 treating you so far? :hugs: What magick will you be working over the coming days? :mage:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

7 Likes

As a bonus Monday-morning treat, there was a site-wide update and we have some new emojis for all my fellow emoji-lovers to enjoy! :partying_face:

New emojis:

:smiling_face_with_tear: :disguised_face: :pinched_fingers: :anatomical_heart: :lungs: :ninja: :man_in_tuxedo: :man_feeding_baby: :person_feeding_baby: :mx_claus: :people_hugging: :black_cat: :bison: :mammoth: :beaver: :polar_bear: :dodo: :feather: :seal: :beetle: :cockroach: :fly: :worm: :potted_plant: :blueberries: :olive: :bell_pepper: :flatbread: :tamale: :fondue: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :rock: :wood: :hut: :pickup_truck: :roller_skate: :magic_wand: :piñata: :nesting_dolls: :sewing_needle: :knot: :thong_sandal: :military_helmet: :accordion: :long_drum: :coin: :boomerang: :carpentry_saw: :screwdriver: :hook: :ladder: :mirror: :window: :plunger: :mouse_trap: :bucket: :toothbrush: :headstone: :placard: :transgender_symbol: :transgender_flag:

Wishing everyone a very fun-filled week! :magic_wand: :star_struck:

12 Likes

Congratulations to @Ostara and @rachel21 for their participation this week. Y’all have done a good job!

As for me, I’m tired out from an early morning doctor’s appointment. I think I’ll be taking a nap today. Getting my stuff together for Imbolc, I’m either going to do the ritual on-site or the ritual from the book I’m reading. Either way, I need sunflower seeds.

I’m making a big pot of veggie soup with Sally this week. That’ll be good to eat and good for me.

I’m going to try to write some more this week. That is if I get some reading done on my book club book. It’s amazing how fast this month is going!

Have a good Monday y’all!

9 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria. I love sharing the love and really enjoy all the knowledge I learn each day!
I took today off work my oldest son and his girlfriend are having their first baby today. I am so excited. Due to covid I can’t enter the hospital today but that’s okay. Thankful for technology and FaceTime.

I hope everyone has a great magickal week!

9 Likes

Congratulations and shoutouts to @Ostara & @rachel21 for all the posts and love. :writing_hand: :heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations @Ostara & @rachel21 :tada: :sparkles:

I’m having a reflection week. Taking it slowly :snail: :relieved:

8 Likes

Congratulations again, Grandma! That’s so neat! I hope everything goes well.

7 Likes

Congratulations @rachel21 I’m very happy for you, your son, & his girlfriend. I hope this strengthens your bonds & send you positivity & healing light :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :baby: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria! Thats a wow thing. I was home sick (not covid according to the test), but I was miserable. Reading everyone’s news put some sunshine in my day’s.

6 Likes

It is amazing how we have just about made it through the first month of 2022. Personally, I feel like it has been a great month. I have grown a lot in just the few weeks of this year. I am becoming more comfortable crafting my spells, starting to remember which herbs have what properties, affirmations have changed my life, want me to keep going?

The only problem is there are so many things I want to learn. I am bouncing from topic to topic, but I think I am starting to organize my thoughts. Thank you book of shadows, I love you.

Currently I am going to use this week to finish up my Imbolc studying. I have to land on what to cook - I am leaning toward Bannocks and Lamb Stew. I want to nail down which activities are best for this year.

Personally, I am feeling a little fiesty this week. I am not the type to intentionally start trouble, but I sure am sticking my foot in my mouth. A friend of mine made me a “Dragon’s Blend” essential oil, I made the mistake of trying it out at work. The Morrigan was certainly with me, I felt like I had fire under my feet and wanted to speak the truth. I decided to leave the Dragon at home today.

Ok I’ll wrap this up… My coffee must be working I feel like I could type for hours.

7 Likes

@Amethyst I hope you were able to get some good rest after your doctor’s appointment, Amethyst! :heart: How are your Imbolc preparations going? Do you feel ready? Gosh, I can’t believe it’s coming up so soon- you’re right, the month is flying by! :blush: Hope you enjoy your cooking with Sally- have a great week! :sparkles:

@Rachel21 The thanks goes to you, Rachel- you do such a great job of spreading love and positivity! You’re a blessing here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And a huge congrats to you and your son and his girlfriend- many blessings to the new baby! :baby: :two_hearts:

@Susurrus Good for you for taking it slow, Siofra- I hope you have a relaxing reflection week! :hugs:

@Ostara Many thanks back to you, Linda- and I’m so sorry that you’ve been home sick! Although I’m glad to hear it’s not covid :+1: Keep on resting and get well soon, you’re in my thoughts! :heart:

@LadyAuld.ofChico I’m so happy it’s been such a great month for you- looks like your 2022 is off to a wonderful start! :grinning: Hahaha you have a scholar’s heart, my friend- I can relate that there is always so much to learn and seemingly so little time to do so. Follow your interests and do what you can- rest assured that you are doing amazing, and you can always get to that next chapter soon :blush::books: Sounds like a powerful Dragon’s Blend- keep it on hand for sure, but perhaps save it for occasions other than work! :joy::+1: :dragon_face:

Wishing everyone a very blessed week!

(And I’ll just be popping in a late holiday head’s up note to the post- goodness, Imbolc really snuck up on me! :laughing:)

Love and Light! :sparkles::candle:

8 Likes

Well, my altar is decorated for Imbolc with some pine needles, pibe cones, berries, and a small cypress pine that a customer gave me at Yule/Christmas. I’m surprised it hasn’t wilted yet. :laughing:
I’ve ordered a bunch of candles that I’ll use in my mediations and spells this year and plan to bless them on Feb. 1.
I’ve been thinking of getting a Brigid’s Cross (Made in Ireland), but I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to wear it in public because at second glance, it almost look like a…swastika.

8 Likes

Good, I think I’m ready. Got my light green candles in the other day. Are you all ready for the holiday?

Sounds as if it’s going to be a beautiful ritual!

8 Likes

@Kasandra Gosh that sounds gorgeous, Kasandra- so many beautiful winter greeneries to decorate your sacred space! :evergreen_tree: :heart: As for the Brigid’s Cross, I personally think it looks distinct enough to not raise any eyebrows, but just in case anyone asked, I think saying it’s a Celtic symbol would be acceptable.

But then again, people do do unpredictable and confusing things- if you are at all in doubt, your safety should come first. You can always wear it openly and comfortably at home :blush:

@Amethyst You’re so good, Amethyst- I’m glad to hear you’re ready! :blush: As for me, haha, I’m really behind! :laughing: I was thinking of some decorating and possibly some painting, but we shall see if that happens. I do want to do some cooking, it’s just a matter of choosing what recipes to use. Pancakes are certainly on the menu :pancakes: :yum:

7 Likes

I have a doctor’s appointment that morning and it’s the only time I’ll have for a while to get my haircut so I’ll be busy that morning. I’ll have to do my celebrating that night. Pancakes sound great though, with lots of butter. YUM!

6 Likes

I just had to share (with mom and dads permission) a pic of the sweetest little thing that has stolen all my time and my heart this week. :heart: thank you all for the well wishes. Mom, baby and dad are all doing great.

11 Likes

How do I join this week meet up please? @MeganB I have just found the reply button lol, my reading can be public or private if you are able to do it.

Thank you all

Jeje

7 Likes

Aww Welcome to the world little one, sending you lots of love and cwtches :purple_heart: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations mum and dad :tada: :tada: :tada: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

Aww, she’s so cute!

4 Likes