Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jul 4 - Jul 10 🎆

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Look to the skies! On Thursday, July 7th , we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location.

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

The First Quarter Moon is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

From the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? Know that this special moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this part of the moon cycle :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Fan of Astrology? Join Astrologer Abs as she shares her wisdom and insight for the week ahead in Astrological Forecast WC Monday 4th July 2022 :telescope:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, July 7th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Litha 2022

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, July 8th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

The live gathering will be held on Friday, July 8th at 8:00 AM EDT . This is the first of two live group healing sessions this month.

EEC Group Healing Session

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: July 2022

Please note that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the meetings hosted in A Sacred Space . To make your account, you can join Spells8 here - the first 15 days are free! :sparkles:

[ [ :eyes: Heads Up! Full Moon ] ]

Not this week but next, look forward to a beautiful Full Buck Moon on Wednesday, July 13th :full_moon_with_face:

Full-Buck-Moon-Ritual-Celebration-360x240
Ritual for the Full Buck Moon

More information and spellwork ideas are coming in next week’s MMM :newspaper:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, you can check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Land Beneath Our Feet - Mountain Magick :mountain_snow:

Spells8 Mountain Land Earth Magick Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, July 5th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Land Beneath Our Feet :mountain_snow:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Eighteenth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

→ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVIII - Readers’ Reviews!

The next reading session of Book Club will begin on Friday, July 8th - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Sunday, July 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: July, August, September 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@kreetta, @titiyana, @kat10, @raeann-june, @britney4, @jericho, @laura37, @melissa47, @Love_and_Light, @zakk, @sara24, @erica24, @Cherisha, @jean4, @annette7, @sylvia2, @heather67, @elizabeth33, @christian6, @axle, @kaylea, @shaneen, @danielle30, @beadz, @patricia21, @katherine17, @cheryl10, @Shadtz, @jennifer103, @samantha67, @richelle, @jessica103, @kimberly58, @joanna8, @jonni, @amber53, @sapphy75, @BohoWildflower, @gordon1, @jennifer104, @melanie12, @ingrid1, @ashlee5, @vergi7, @Lypiphera32, @leeanne1, @mikaela, @amanda72, @fontaine, @arianna, @misty12, @christy12, @briar1, @michelle60, @edward, @br33les, @eboni, @rebeca, @vanessa19, @susan13, @brittany43, @rosemaryheart, @susanna, @Usagi, @michelle61, @kira1, @ellie, @lanae, @samantha68, @whitney5, @leann4, @ashley64, @jenna7, @kathryn20, @joan1, @nickaia, @an1, @mari4, @amber54, @kellyanne, @joey, @brigidTHEdruidDOCTOR

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

Every month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members consistently, day after day over the course of the entire month receives a Community Shout-Out. There are no limits to how many users can receive this shout-out each month.

For June, 2022:

• @Marsha - for writing daily happy birthday messages (enhanced by the zodiac!) to coven members, and for welcoming all new members in their introductory posts

• @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

Note : Those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Will you be casting any magick for the First Quarter Moon? :first_quarter_moon: What spellwork or rituals are you scheduling for the coming days? :mage:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :fireworks::sparkles:

And to all those celebrating- Happy Fourth of July!

12 Likes

:sparkler: Happy 4th of July :sparkler: Spells 8

Thank you @BryWisteria for the weekly update. I always look forward to your updates. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Congratulations to @Mistress_Of_Herbs , @Amaris_Bane , @marsha , and @Amethyst for making the forum a warm and inviting place :+1: :+1: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: 5 star for sure!

Definitely looking forward to Thursday for the World Chocolate Day!! :chocolate_bar: :chocolate_bar:

Have a Magickal week everyone :pentacle_tarot:

:butterfly:

12 Likes

Thank you @Mistress_Of_Herbs & @Amaris_Bane & @Amethyst for sharing your wisdom, inspiration, and so much love with all of us in our community. Your contributions make our home :infinite_roots: so warm and friendly. I celebrate :partying_face: your Awesomeness!!!

Thank you, I am humbled and blessed by your kind words @BryWisteria. I am thankful to be a member here, and it’s my pleasure. Thanks again. :pray: :heart:

With love :heart: always…

8 Likes

Congrats @Mistress_Of_Herbs, @Amethyst, and @marsha! And thank you @BryWisteria! I’m humbled to be recognized and simply enjoy showing my fellow coven members support and love.

As for this week, don’t have too many plans in the works yet. I have a new, fairly big client that I’m starting a project with this week so my main focus will be getting that organized and milestones laid out.

Magick/spiritual-wise, my focus for July is going to be self-care and learning to trust myself. My cards and my guides have been yelling at me to listen to my intuition and trust my instincts so I’m going to listen. More shadow work to work through trauma, setting daily routines one baby step at a time, cleaning and cleansing my personal space, and clearing my mental space if negativity are all in store for me.

7 Likes

I bought chocolate at the store, unfortunately, it comes on Tuesday and I don’t think it’ll last till Thursday so I’ll be celebrating early! LOL!

Congratulations, people! Thank you for your awesome contributions to the group! Whoot!

And thank you @BryWisteria, @Sarafeena_Sage, @marsha, and @Amaris_Bane! I like commenting to new people and getting to know them so this is a great badge!

I’ve got nothing big on the calendar this week up until Friday when I have an early morning check-up and an appointment to re-up my lease for another year for my apartment. I always worry, so it’ll be good to get it over with.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

5 Likes

Awesome possum ladies! Congratulations to @Mistress_Of_Herbs & @Amaris_Bane :tada: & Congratulations to @marsha & @Amethyst :confetti_ball: for you contributions throughout the coven & forum :revolving_hearts:

My daughter starts her 8 weeks of sailing tomorrow, I have an appointment Wednesday, then I have to bring my son’s car for a factory recall & sticker Thursday, then another appointment Friday. So tomorrow, I hope to be able to rest & reset from having people home for 3 days & switching gears again. I just kind of get more leeway in the AM because my daughter doesn’t have to be at school anymore for a couple of months.

I’m still working on my Chakras & working with my deities more each day. I’m starting to come up with a better plan for my practice in the AM right now. Even if it’s one or two things each day that I do, things have really changed over the last few months.

I’ll admit I haven’t done any spellwork in a long time, it’s been a lot of meditation, energy work, and astrology types of things. I celebrate the sabbats & solstice but on a much smaller scale.

On a good note, over the last 23 years, I have acquired the most random things from family & friends plus what went down there on its own for whatever reason. So I found an online site that has an app, where they run an auction for a week or 2 for you & they have a percentage of the proceeds for holding & managing that part of the auction. You catalog & upload the pictures of everything for sale either as a single item or a lot of items. Then people come with their own packing materials, trucks, movers, whatever to pick it up by a set date. I have a lot that I can’t justify putting in a landfill when someone may have a good home for it.

Kind of like refreshing everything from the ground up & letting go of what I no longer need to hold onto, physically, mentally, emotionally, literally, and figuratively. My husband said we can do it like over the fall so that it’s not so hot & the tourist season has calmed down. I’m kind of excited.

I did start my own three-card clarity readings to go with my oracle draws for the day. It’s almost like starting over because it’s been so long since I have worked with my tarot cards in more than a one-card capacity. I have found that I do much better with three-card clarity draws than any others right now.

It feels good to be finding a new groove & a new start from all of the drastic changes over the last while. I’m handling things that come my way much better. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thanks for the congrats, @Susurrus! Twern’t nothing! LOL! Sounds like you need a badge for being a busy Mom!

7 Likes

The 2 appointments are just for me, my son’s car I use in the AM right now until my rear brakes are done, so I figured while we do the recall get the sticker too. :laughing:

6 Likes

I was just telling my husband that I need to go through my stuff and get rid a bunch of things.

7 Likes

Finally a meaningful holiday. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
th

4 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage I’m honored that you enjoy the weekly updates, Sarall :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And cheers to that- bring out the chocolate, it’s time to celebrate! :partying_face: :chocolate_bar: :laughing:

@Marsha The blessing is you, Marsha- thank you again for all you do and all the light you spread! :heart::sun_with_face: We are all so lucky to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane It is a very well-deserved recognition, Amaris- thank you so much for all the support and love you share around the coven! :heart: You are a true blessing here! :sparkles::blush:

Congrats on the new client and your spiritual goals for the month- you have some wonderful plans for yourself! Wishing you all the best with everything, especially the tricky (but certainly worthwhile) Shadow Work. Good luck! :raised_hands:

@Amethyst What say you about making it Global Chocolate Week instead? :joy: I’m all for extending the celebrations! :chocolate_bar: :yum::tada:

And the thanks go back to you too, Amethyst- in addition to all the wonderful things you do, you are such a welcoming light for new folks just jumping in! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

Good luck with your check-up and redoing the lease- may it all go well for you! :heart:

@Susurrus Busy is an understatement- you have so much going on, Siofra! Luckily, it sounds like you have plenty of fun things and lovely practices in there- I’m wishing you all the best as you jump back into your card readings :blush: May they guide you well and may things continue to look up for you! :heart:

@Garnet :joy: :chocolate_bar: :two_hearts:

I hope everyone who was celebrating had a nice Fourth of July- now that the fireworks have finally stopped (they go all weekend here) it’s nice to be able to hear myself think again! :joy::fireworks:

Wishing everyone a very blessed week! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Hooray to you four!

Seriously, I love seeing all of your posts, comments, replies, and help! :heart:

• @Mistress_Of_Herbs - for sharing the most posts, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand:
  • @Amaris_Bane - for giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart:
  • @Marsha - for writing daily happy birthday messages (enhanced by the zodiac!) to coven members, and for welcoming all new members in their introductory posts
  • @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

I hope your project gets settled into a working groove quickly and easily @Amaris_Bane :heart: Don’t forget to take those baby steps rather than massive strides lol that’s always my biggest issue. :people_hugging:

You know, I haven’t really done that much spellwork either. My life and practice have just been tossed up in the air and shaken up over the last few months that it’s been hard to get my feet underneath me :laughing: I totally relate to what you’ve said.

7 Likes

@BryWisteria today I personally don’t have any real “things” to do today, but I’m lost right now. For 3 days my house was full… now I’m back to just me until around 1 PM… the problem is I’m the first person awake, so I start puttering around the house before people are even leaving :joy:

So then I have no clue what to do or where to start some days. It’s the change in activity & routine that just get me sometimes. :joy:

@MeganB I can totally understand why you would feel that way too! Hopefully, it eases soon for you too. I’m happy right now with what I do, ultimately it’s dividing my energy & getting through a regular day as I add things to my ever-changing routine. Someday I will have one that lasts more than a short amount of time I would think :thinking:

@Amaris_Bane I second @BryWisteria… baby steps & remember even baby steps have a step or two back before they move forward again with their new information & skills to restart those baby steps :footprints: I’m a big fan of them anyway :smiling_face:

@Amethyst do you have some kind of petition to make it a week? I mean I think we could argue for a month if we really got some signatures :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks, love! I appreciate the good wishes!

6 Likes

Update to the MMM:

The post for the Thursday group ritual this week is now live in the forum! For more details as well as what ingredients to prepare, please check out the full post below:

Chocolate Day Sweet Sweetener Spell Ritual Spells8

(Group Ritual - Jul 7) :chocolate_bar: Chocolate Magick Sweetening Spell

Celebrating World Chocolate Day, this deliciously divine sweetening spell and combined meditation calls on the nature of chocolate to sweeten up a situation of your choice.

Both the magickal qualities of chocolate and the increasing ability of the Waxing Moon are being called on for this spell. Feel free to bring the chocolate (or alternative sweetener) of your choice! :chocolate_bar: :sparkles:

Blessed be! :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you so much @Amaris_Bane :heart:

Thank you @Amethyst I enjoy welcoming the new members too! :infinite_roots:

@Susurrus Thank you and I love the “Awesome Possum” saying! I’ll have to remember that for future use! :hugs:

*:rofl: I know right! :heart: @Garnet you always make me smile! :yum:

You are a blessing to all of us @BryWisteria Thank you!!!

Thank you :pray: dear @MeganB :heart:

6 Likes

When my son was younger @marsha & something happened, he’d say, Aaawww pickle juice :rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve never heard that one before… :open_mouth: it’s cute!

6 Likes

Neither had we! I think he got it from a kids show on Disney :thinking: I would giggle every time though. :smiling_face:

6 Likes