Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 1 šŸŒ‘

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday !

Hereā€™s a peek at exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, November 4th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Picture from Pixabay

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If youā€™d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Thursday, November 4th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick speicifc to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

Note that this monthā€™s New Moon takes place in the Zodiac sign Scorpio :scorpius:

For more information on what to expect and how to make the most of the New Moon in Scorpio, read through the wonderful Astrological Forecast for Monday November 1st by the talented @Abs53 :star2:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, October 29th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For additional upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Tricks, Treats, and Tasty Spells :candy:

Witchy Challenge Halloween Tasty Spells Food Magic

This challenge will close Tuesday, November 2nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Trick-or-Treat! Give Me Some Sweet Spells to Eat :candy:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@swirtty, @MoonGoddess, @erika5, @karla2, @laura23, @lutoria, @auston, @candace4, @natalie10, @kaela, @marianne2, @angeline, @juicyk, @kayla19, @hailee, @elizabeth22, @brittany33, @dessiree, @tizziana, @amina1, @rosemarie2, @marisa2, @crystal29, @rachel19, @kayla20, @Velle, @latasha, @jacquleen, @melissa24, @hailey5, @brittany31, @victoria22, @raluca, @tara10, @jordan3, @patricia15, @tavishi, @venifica, @rhoneisha, @jennifer65, @terry2, @amina2, @miyalo, @stephanie40, @ohiokhie, @rupinder, @corey2, @maddy, @samantha50, @mackenzie4, @miriad79, @laura24, @heather41, @nathan2, @krystal5, @victoria23

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Jessica72 for sharing the most posts in the forum over the past week! :writing_hand: The forum is very blessed to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Lots of love back to @phoenix_dawn for giving out the most hearts in the forum- on a two-week streak! :heart: Thank you for all the warmth that you share :two_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Did your Sabbat spellwork go as expected? :sparkles: Any plans for the New Moon in Scorpio this week? :new_moon:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations to @jessica72 and @phoenix_dawn! You both bring so much to the community! Weā€™re glad to have you here!

I want to do something for the new Moon on Thursday but I have no idea what. I guess Iā€™ll clear the Halloween stuff from my altar and keep it Fallish for Thanksgiving. What else Iā€™ll do, I have no idea.

Itā€™s amazing to me how quickly the second half of the year goes by. Next weekend is the time change here in the States. Donā€™t forget to set your clocks back people!

12 Likes

Merry Meet Monday! Congrats to @jessica72 and @phoenix_dawn!
This week I donā€™t really have a lot planned, after the busy last week I think Iā€™ll get some tidying up with my BOS done and read a bit.
I got the materials together for my poppet Iā€™m making in honor of Hecate so Iā€™ll probably start that too.
Hope everyone has a great week!

11 Likes

Good morning! :sunrise: I slept in a little late & coffee was slow going but here I am! :hugs:

Congratulations to @jessica72 & @phoenix_dawn! Great job ladies :fireworks: :dizzy:

My appointment from last Thursday :scissors: was rescheduled to tomorrow afternoon. It works out though because last week was a bit on the crazy side as far as weather & such. I will be cleaning up my space today to put away the things I had out last night. I had started putting them away last night. So there isnā€™t too much left to put back.

Since today is Cinnamon Day, I think I will make something using it today. I donā€™t know what exactly, but something. Maybe some simple incense, we did a protection spell jar last night with a piece, but Iā€™m all spell energies out right now. I can only do them when I can focus so I need time to recharge after the last week.

Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying reading my book :open_book: on The Morrigan. I havenā€™t decided if I am going to put anything on my altar for her or officially honor her yet, but the learning is great. I mentioned it to my friend & she said that Morrigan seeks out the vulnerable & causes more suffering. So that was a good conversation last night about what I have learned. She is a Dark Goddess but ultimately she wants you to speak your truth, stand up for yourself, & act on things instead of saying that you are going to act on them & be fair. You also have to put Morrigan in a more modern context than her history. More on Her in a later post.

I havenā€™t done any of my daily things today. Mainly because I have had a couple of phone calls to field from family members & friends about some goings-on. Always a good time :joy:

I hope everyone has a great day & that Samhain was wonderful for all! :confetti_ball:

11 Likes

Hard to believe itā€™s already November 1! October flew by! :sob: Iā€™m not ready to take down my Halloween decorations yet. I thought about decorating my altar for Yule/Christmas this Thursday, but Iā€™m going to wait until after Thanksgiving.

@Amethyst Canā€™t wait for DST to end! We get another hour of sleep!

10 Likes

Not me, Iā€™ll just get up at my regular time anyhow and be awake an extra hour long.

10 Likes

I think organization and preparation are great activities for the New Moon, @Amethyst :new_moon_with_face: Perhaps a reflection ritual or journalling as well? And no kidding! The year really does seem to pick up in speed the closer we get to winter- I can hardly keep track of it all! :laughing:

Wishing you all the best with your poppet and tidying up your BOS, @Rowan- hope you have a blessed week too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Happy Cinnamon Day, @Susurrus- Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find something fun to use it for! :brown_heart: Iā€™m thinking of some kind of afternoon cinnamon latte, but I might be lazy and have cinnamon toast instead :joy: Glad youā€™re enjoying your book and learning about the Morrigan! Hope you have a great day too :two_hearts:

Cheers to that, @Kasandra- we were supposed to take Halloween stuff down yesterday and didnā€™t quite get around to it. I have a sneaky suspicion things might stay out all week :laughing: :jack_o_lantern:

And DST hit me by surprise here in Poland- we got our extra hour on Sunday! Good luck to everyone going through the change next weekend :+1: :mantelpiece_clock:

Have a blessed day everyone! :sparkles:

12 Likes

Same here!!

9 Likes

Congratulations to @phoenix_dawn and @jessica72 šŸŖ…:tada::balloon::partying_face:

9 Likes

Well, I was going to sort my tote I put my magic stuff in, but now Iā€™ve got a doctorā€™s appointment. Blah. Oh well, Iā€™ll get it done. I usually journal big on the weekends, when I have the time.

Before you know it, itā€™ll be New Yearā€™s!

7 Likes

My appointment for today was canceled & itā€™s pretty chilly today. So Iā€™m having some cozy time with the pups right now. Then I will do my 1 errand & jump back on the bed with the pups until people start coming home. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Amethyst I went through my witchy box that I have in my room yesterday. I had found a tall tin that was Halloween ā€œdecorā€ at Michaelā€™s. It says Herbs & Incense on it. So I put my resins & cones & fresh incense in the tin. It freed up a lot of room in my drawer & box. I think I am going to rearrange my altar today at some point too.

I hope your doctorā€™s appointment goes well & things are okay! :hugs:

7 Likes

Merry Meet Monday! Congratulations to @jessica72 and @phoenix_dawn!

Wow October is over and November is here, this year is just flying along fast!
Iā€™ve been here for months now and this is the first time I"ve come across the Merry Meet Monday and learned of the Weekā€™s Events :spiral_calendar: also to learn of all our new members :dizzy: thank you to @BryWisteria for posting this information.

Have a Blessed day everyone :sparkles:

8 Likes

Congrats @jessica72 and @phoenix_dawn ! :tada:

Today is dia de los muertos on Honduras so Iā€™ll be quietly honoring my parents tonight. As for the rest of the week, not sure yet. Itā€™s only Tuesday but itā€™s been a long week at work and I am drained. Thereā€™s a relationship with an X sister in law that I need to cut ties with, is the new moon a good time for a cord cutting?

Other than that, reflection and journaling

Have a wonderfully blessed week everyone :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

@Peaches the new moon is perfect for cutting t

7 Likes

This week I am planning on conducting a New Moon ritual ā€œFor Letting Go of Emotional Baggageā€ from ā€˜The Little Book of Moon Magic: Working with the Power of Lunar Cyclesā€™ by Sarah Bartlett.
3 Aquamarine and 3 Turquoise crystals and a black candle as well as doing another cord cutting ritual, Iā€™m trying to hit the connection that I still feel towards my ex with everything that I can find. I need him out of my head.
On Sunday I am going to buy a nice little plant pot and a new lavender plant or maybe a miniature rose (I havenā€™t decided yet) I am going to do my farewell ritual to him, write him a letter with everything that I need to say and bury it along with my little jar with my claddagh ring and lion charms that I made, thanks to @crystal24 in my new plant pot. Iā€™m going to add a piece of Clear Quartz, Amethyst and black Tourmaline for good measure. Plus I need to name my new little plant friend. Iā€™m strange, I name my plants.
Wish me luck!
Next week, during the Waxing Moon phase I am going to try a ritual for ā€œComplete Emotional Healingā€ from the same book with 3 pieces of Onyx and 3 rosebuds. I feel compelled to add 3 pieces of Black Tourmaline for extra oomph.
Hey any excuse I can have to buy more crystals right? :joy: :laughing:

8 Likes

Thanks! My appointment on Monday led to an appointment on Thursday for venus status and bad leg circulation. I feel as if I spend half my life going to doctors. But the doctor keeps on asking me what Iā€™m doing for my legs and Iā€™m like, walking on them?? So hopefully Iā€™ll get some help for my circulation on Thursday.

Freeze warning here tonight. Keep warm @Susurrus!

7 Likes

It was 38ish this morning, so I wouldnā€™t doubt that we have 1 too. My knees have been horrible for about 3 days now.

8 Likes

Hahaha no kidding, @Amethyst! It was just the Witchesā€™ New Year, which means that the Gregorian New Year isnā€™t too far behind- yikes! :joy: Good luck with your appointment on Thursday, and stay warm! :blush:

That sounds warm and cozy, @Susurrus- enjoy! :dog: :two_hearts:

Youā€™re very welcome, @debra2! :blush: Glad you found it- thereā€™s a new one each Monday, and if you canā€™t find it, a quick search for ā€œMerry Meet Mondayā€ with the Search Tool should pull it up for you! Hope you have a blessed week :sparkles:

Have a blessed dia de los muertos, @Peaches- sending warm thoughts your way as your honor your parents. Take good care of yourself and cut those cords if you need to! Personally, I think a New Moon is a good time for a fresh start- you can do the ritual and start anew as the moon begins to fill again in the sky :waxing_crescent_moon:

That sounds like a lovely ritual, @jessica72- may it help to wash away any lingering traces of your ex. And this green witch thinks that new plants are always a great idea! :partying_face: :seedling: Same with crystals- you go, treat yourself! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Nothing strange to name a plant, thereā€™s spirit in them, most of all life.

8 Likes