Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (Mar 18 - 24) 🥚

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Witchy Holiday: Sabbat :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Other Events & Sabbats - MMM

→ Tuesday, March 19 *

*Depending on the tradition, Sabbats may be celebrated across multiple days and nights

Blessed Sabbat! This week, those in the Northern Hemisphere will enjoy the Sabbat Ostara :egg: and the Spring/Vernal Equinox :sun_with_face:

Ostara-Celebration-Ideas-360x240
Ostara Celebration Ideas

Want to honor the occasion? Here are a few ideas and suggestions for how you might celebrate this witchy holiday:

(In the Southern Hemisphere? Click here for Mabon ideas!)

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the Sabbat Mabon :apple: and the Autumn Equinox :sun_with_face:

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Click on the pictures and links above for more information and ways to celebrate!

Want to share the Sabbat fun with your coven? Come join us over in A Sacred Space to share decorations, crafting, cooking, altar pictures and more in:

March Equinox

→ March Equinox 2024 :sparkles: Coven Celebrations!

Witchy Holiday Guide : Want to know more about special pagan holidays? Visit the Wheel of the Year to learn about these keystone seasonal celebrations :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

S3 Group Tea ritual 2024 Ostara Version

→ Thursday, March 21

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE: This week’s group ritual post has arrived! Feel free to view the ritual here:

(Group Ritual - Mar 21) :sparkles: Cleanse the Mind

[ [ Weekend Divination - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Weekend Divination with Megan Black

→ Friday, March 22

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance on how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :raised_hands:

Look for the post in the Energy Exchange on Friday- free readings will be available throughout the weekend and will close on Sunday. You can check out the previous Weekend Divination to know what to expect when this week’s Weekend Divination post arrives.

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC March

→ Saturday, March 23 at 7:00 pm ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the third of four healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Moon Phase: Waxing Moon :waxing_gibbous_moon: ] ]

Waxing-Gibbous-Moon-Rituals

Although there is no major moon phase within the next seven days, we will be blessed by the light of a waxing moon throughout the week.

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide lists this moon phase as a good time for spellwork that deals with increase, growth, and patience.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals-360x240

For more spellwork suggestions and ideas for what to do during the Waxing Cycle, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :arrow_double_up:

Additionally, you might plan to prepare for next week’s Full Worm Moon :full_moon: , which will arrive on Monday, March 25. This full moon is special, as it will also be a Lunar Eclipse :black_circle:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and adding the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox three times a week :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Magickal Creatures :phoenix:

Magickal Creatures Beast Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until tomorrow: Tuesday, March 19 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category )

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 22 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXV - Readers’ Reviews .

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the Coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Sunday, March 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This month’s birthday discussion will remain open through Sunday, March 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Sunday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid's Flame

Stop by the fire and tend the flame of the Goddess Brigid with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@rosana - @laura17 - @jennifer50 - @kelly20 - @jenn7 - @gilligan - @phoenix1 - @blair - @alexandria9 - @micah1 - @kiata - @tri - @EdithP - @racheal - @leah5 - @jennifer51 - @jes - @tenisha - @moyn1 - @laura20 - @patricia4 - @ellie4 - @jasper - @kimberly1 - @mindy1 - @mindy2 - @april9 - @matthew4 - @gracie - @patricia5 - @elizabeth28 - @karyl - @amber3 - @melissa24 - @Via_Bearlike - @tammie4 - @arlene4 - @lilith6 - @timothy - @karen12 - @melody2 - @amanda41 - @amber-lynn - @shannon18 - @andrew8 - @hannah8 - @vicky5 - @dominique1 - @Yeneffer1

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in Introductions. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- we’d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Super Stars

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @tracyS - for sharing the most posts and hearts :writing_hand: (on a three-week shout-out streak!)

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:trophy: After a three-week streak of being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @tracyS has received a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Sabbat and Equinox blessings! Are you ready for the events this week? What fun are you planning for the days ahead? :seedling: :waxing_gibbous_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :egg: :sparkles:

23 Likes

@BryWisteria aww thanks for the special badge. :green_heart: So lovely to be here.

We have sun today, so am making the most of it. Yippee :partying_face: Hope you all have a good week.

20 Likes

Ok, so how do we do this? “Happy Happy Day”?
:crazy_face:

Grrl! Wow!
:revolving_hearts:

Eating chocolate until I burst!

I’ll try some ham in honor of family gatherings of my past, though it sounds more like Samhain than Ostara. I guess having an Easter basket at all is in memory of those who can’t be here.

Press his foot, and the wings flap.

There is a chocolate bunny under all that, and chocolate eggs in the rainbow plastic “eggs”, Pixie Stix in elemental flavors, Smarties in elemental colors, and green plastic grass.

I’m saving my foil wrappers for craft projects, since they are elemental colors, too.

20 Likes

@georgia aww I love that unicorn. So soft :sparkling_heart: Thankyou lovely :green_heart:

18 Likes

Congratulations @tracyS! Love ya beautiful witch!

I Love the unicorn @georgia!

I think this week I’m going to spend some time outside. The weather is perfect and I’m in need of some nature time and sun. I just don’t want to deal with any snakes, but if I do, I will just move it along and do my best not to have a heart attack. :hibiscus: :sun: :snake: :rabbit: :nest_with_eggs:

18 Likes

@Ostara Thankyou lovely :green_heart:. Snakes, you’re in Texas. Oh I remember visiting my dad when he lived in Texas, (Arlington ). There were snakes in the grass, lots of brown scorpions trying to get in the back door, and possoms. :grin:

18 Likes

Yes ma’am, but the only thing I’m afraid of is the snakes. A few years ago I was cleaning out the front flower bed. It was chilly outside so I wasn’t worried about snakes. I get to one part right by the lattice and there was a huge copperhead (poison) curled up. It couldn’t move because it was to cold. I let out a blood curdling scream and hubby came out and saved me from the snake that couldn’t move.

19 Likes

@Ostara Oh my :flushed:, that’s some snake :snake:, glad it was still. Our wildlife is pretty tame. The only war I have is with the wasps, they send an entire flight squadron and steal my apples :honeybee:

18 Likes

We have wasps too, and mosquitoes as big as wasps. Fire ants are awful. You can be covered in them and not know, and when one stings they all sting. We have too many bugs in Texas!

16 Likes

@Ostara Lots of bugs. But I did like it there. :grin:, The Tex mex food was delicious :yum:, And I was young and single when I visited, and those cowboys, hahaha, swoon :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

True!!! :taco: :cowboy_hat_face:

15 Likes

16 Likes

Same! They don’t care about pesticides what so ever they make holes in my melons :sob::sob::sob:

My other animal I’m at war with is the squirrel :chipmunk:
I have to spread squirrel repellent every week or after it rains. It’s basically a mix with hot cayenne pepper. Just don’t want to get it on the leaves and the plant itself. Only the soil. They dig looking for seeds. And if I plant strawberries the dig up the bulbs and steal them. If they make it long enough to start to sprout. The minute it has fruit even green unripe fruit it’s gone.

Then I think the rabbits stole my lettuce last year uggg. I need to put plastic over a space so I can grow the strawberries and lettuce.

The wasps are evil. If I make one mad you see it fly back to the nest and come back with the rest. I’ve had to run to the front of the house to beat them inside before they get me. I’m lucky I’m fast they were on me too.id leave the hose running and the garage door open for a few hours before going back out lol :laughing: my garden is in the back. But when they give chase theirs not enough distance from the garden and back door for me to run in, they’d get me. So I run all the way to the front to get distance between me n them. Nope nope nope. I think Imma set up wasp traps this year I’m over it. They nest in one of the trees at the back of the property line.

Their almost black in color. I think they are the Africanized ones

15 Likes

@Devenne Your garden sounds fun :grin: My squirells trash my bins, they behave like trash pandas :rofl:

I set honey traps. Water in a jar, with a little honey and red wine mixed in, add a touch of vinegar (keeps the bees out). Then put a lid on it, put holes in the lid so they can get in, but then they can’t get out cuz they drown. Put string around the lid rim and hang it up. It’s mean I know cuz they’re good for the earth, but when they send their entire air force to my house, what am I supposed to do :person_shrugging::rofl:

15 Likes

@tracyS congratulations my dear sister :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:for your offer to all of us!
welcome all the new members to the family of witches and wizards!
have a beautiful bright magical trip! :hekate_wheel: :pentagram: :revolving_hearts:

16 Likes

@AIRAM Thankyou my lovely :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

@tracyS congratulations :confetti_ball::tada::purple_heart: Thanks for all you do :hugs::blue_heart::blush:

First day of spring :tulip:is my favorite day of the year! (I love Christmas but it’s so much stress!) The thought of renewal. Seeing flowers popping up​:blossom::rose::cherry_blossom:🪻. Grass start to get green and leaves​:leaves: start to appear on the trees! :deciduous_tree::tanabata_tree: It’s only gonna be about 40 here :frowning: but I’m hoping for sunshine :sunny::sun_with_face:

I also love Cadbury mini eggs! :egg::chocolate_bar:I bought 4 big bags and locked them up in my safe :laughing::crazy_face:

Hope everyone has a great week :blue_heart::heart::purple_heart::people_hugging::hugs:

16 Likes

@Sivonnah Thankyou lovely. Here’s to lots of Easter chocolate :chocolate_bar:

16 Likes

Wow, @tracyS! You’re a superstar! Congratulations!

As for this week, I’m resting up. Thanks to my ride blowing me off today I have FOUR doctor appointments next week. Sheesh!

I wanted to do something special for Spring, write something maybe, but I just didn’t have the energy to do it. I did find some lovely prayers online though, so I’ll be using one of those. And eating a nice bar of chocolate for dessert! LOL!

Happy Ostara everyone! Have a good week!

16 Likes