đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXXVI (Feb 23 - Mar 22)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXV - Readers’ Reviews

As of today, the 36th book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Picture from Canva

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene and chat together in the Reader’s Reviews discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Picture from Canva

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

9 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Llewellyn’s Sabbat Essentials: Ostara by Kerri Connor
    @BryWisteria

• Card of the Day Tarot by Kerry Ward @Amethyst

• A Book of Pagan Prayer by Ceisiwr Serith @Mystique

• Witchcraft Unchained by Craig Spencer @MeganB

• Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros @MeganB

• Llewellyn’s Sabbat Essentials: Ostara by Kerri Connor
    @Kyrstyn

• Haitian Vodou by Mari Silva @tracyS

• Baba Yaga’s Book of Witchcraft by Madame Patima @celineelise

• The Magical Books of Solomon by Aleister Crowley, S.L. Macgregor Mathers, & F.C. Conybear @TheMuslimWitch

• Ostara by Llewellyn @niyke

• The Witch at the Forest’s Edge by Christine Grace @niyke

• Ostara: Rituals, Recipes & Lore for the Spring Equinox by Llewellyn & Kerri Connor @carrie13

• The Temple of Hekate by Tara Sanchez @Litha

• The Kabbalah Alphabet: Neofotistos Basic Guide @AIRAM

• **Weave the Liminal: Living Modern Traditional Witchcraft @BlueAngelite

9 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

8 Likes

I have two possibilities, but I have to wait till I’ve had my Baron Samedi reading, tomorrow. Then I’ll know which book I need to read. :rofl:

7 Likes

@BryWisteria Im going to read the same book!

6 Likes

You and me, both! :clap: I did finish Fourth Wing, though. That’s a fiction book I was listening to. It’s really good!

3 Likes

@tracyS Choices, choices~! I’m sure both of them are good options (no wrong answers when it comes to books! :wink: :two_hearts: )

@Kyrstyn That’s awesome! We’re reading buddies then :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Have you started it yet? I’m slowly making my way through the Old Ways/New Ways chapters at the beginning. They’ve really gathered a lot of history around Ostara and the deities of the season! It’s interesting to hear about :grinning:

@MeganB Woohoo! Congrats on finishing your book! :partying_face: I’m glad it was a good one for you :blush:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria im starting it this morning with breakfast!

5 Likes

I am so glad to be back and reading witchy books again. It seems so long since i have touched one being on holiday and just finally getting back into the routine of things. Its even a little embarrassing still haven’t being able to get through one book whereas i would usually be done in 3 days even with the 4 kids… Well i guess this is a start :blush: :smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Kyrstyn Woohoo! Happy reading (and happy breakfast! :plate_with_cutlery: :yum:) :two_hearts:

@TheMuslimWitch Welcome back! :heart: And no worries at all - sometimes life gives us other things we need to take care of. I hope you enjoy The Magical Books of Solomon - happy reading! :books: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you and in all honesty, those fantasy romance novels make it hard for me to put the books down just so i can read something that i know will increase my knowledge rather than fill it with unreal expectations on life lol :laughing: :blush:

8 Likes

I can not add to the list. However, i am also reading Ostara and The Witch At the Edge Of the Forest ATM.

4 Likes

Hello there @niyke :wave: Welcome to the forum!

New members can do most things, but some forum features are given after you get the hang of the way the software works. I’ve gone ahead and added your books to the list. I look forward to hearing all about them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Witch at the Forest’s Edge is such a great book. She’s a wonderful person, too!

4 Likes

This is my first Ostara so I’m excited to dive in! I listen to audiobooks to make chores more bearable so I’m glad I found this. :broom::soap:

6 Likes

I finally remembered to join a book club cycle. I always think of it right before the cycle closes. Last month I started listening to the Temple of Hekate by Tara Sanchez to feel out if it was a good fit. I like it enough that I am going to read it and do some journaling starting this month.

6 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch You know it’s a good book when you can’t put it down - those ones are the most fun! Althought it’s always so bittersweet to get to the end of them (unless there’s a sequel!) :grin: :open_book:

@niyke Welcome, Niyke! What do you think of Ostara so far? I hope you enjoy it and The Witch at the Edge of the Forest - happy reading! :books: :two_hearts:

@carrie13 Welcome, Carrie, and blessed first Ostara! :cherry_blossom: Sounds like you’ve got a method that works- anything to make those chores more bearable! Enjoy :blush:

@Litha Woohoo! Welcome, Litha - it sounds like you’ve found a great book. I hope you continue to enjoy Temple of Hekate, I’ll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! :grinning: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I’m working my way through the recipe section of Ostara - they have some good ones in there! I make a similar sweet carrot side, and all of the egg recipes are giving me lots of inspiration (as well as tummy rumbles - it’s not a section I should be reading when I’m hungry! :joy:)

I particularly like this one, although I struggle with making quiche:

From Llewellyn’s Sabbat Essentials: Ostara

I channeled a bit of that inspiration yesterday and made some springtime cupcakes:

:seedling: :egg: :cupcake:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria yummy cakes :yum:

5 Likes

@niyke welcome to the family!
we are glad that you are with us!
I am Airram from Greece
I wish you beautiful magical journeys in the forum! :pentagram: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I started
the Kabbalah alphabet
neofotistos basic guide
great book!
explains the Tree of Life in simple terms :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :fehu: :two_hearts:

5 Likes