šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up! [Challenge #150]

Youā€™re welcome! It helped me narrow it down and gave me an extra challenge for the ones I was kind of on the fence about :laughing:

12 Likes

Stealing @MeganB 's idea - I picked my three using a random number generator.
I ended up with - The Wizardry of Words, A Healthy Dose of Crystals, and Wickedly Delicious

Challenge Entry #1- Wickedly Delicious
For my Litha celebration, I created a Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble - the first time ever!
Hereā€™s a recipe for a delicious and vibrant dessert: Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble.

Ingredients:

For the filling:
1 Graham Cracker crust
2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon

For the crumble topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed

Instructions:
Preheat your oven to 375Ā°F (190Ā°C). Grease a baking dish or pie plate.
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Gently toss until the fruit is evenly coated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie crust.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the crumble topping. Add the cold cubed butter to the mixture and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to cut it into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.

Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit mixture, covering it completely.

Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the crumble topping is golden brown.

Once done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Serve the Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble warm or at room temperature. It pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.

It was delicious and the crumble topping was amazing! If I made another one, I would look into using gelatin instead of cornstarch to thicken the filling. It was yummy but very messy!

14 Likes

Challenge Entry #2 - The Wizardry of Words

I decided to finally create a Dream Journal! :star: :crescent_moon:

I had the perfect journal Iā€™ve had for a whileā€¦

(Front Cover)

(Back Cover)

Then decided to create a couple of pages for the insideā€¦

(Both of the above are slightly modified from an existing Canva design)
and an entry page I made

(My creation using Canva)
Printed, cut, and pasted into the journal. All ready with a pen!

12 Likes

Challenge Entry #1 Circles in Magick

For the most part I do not always cast a circle but when I do I like to use the Spells 8 Calling the Quarters. I have printed it out and added it to my BoS so it is in reach, on top of that I am always on here so I can pull it up on my phone when needed as well. I like this one because it is easy and simple to do.

11 Likes

Challenge Entry #2 Inviting Abundance

I did a ritual a few weeks ago to welcome abundance, I started with a jar that I had got and then ended up getting the Moon Jar that they used during the ritual and shared both on here. I have recently just filled the moon jar up and placed it on my altar but here is the picture again of the Abundance jar that I made. It has been actually helping me when I light my candle for it and put it beside it. I did it the other day and letā€™s just say I came upon some money that evening and was surprised. I also asked for all forms of abundance and not just money wise.

aa1282b3db52ff61584b5cd01a984abf4d7ae042_2_375x500

11 Likes

Challenge Entry #3: A Healthy Dose of Crystals

(edit: Iā€™m on a roll!!! Three challenges done and itā€™s only Friday!)

For this challenge, I chose to research crystals that add in healing or easing pain. Iā€™ve been having sciatic/hip pain for the past 6 weeks and was in a good place with stretching and modifying things in my life to where the pain was subsiding until I pushed things a bit too far in stretching and trying new poses too difficult for me. :woman_facepalming:t2:

I chose my crystals for their properties:

• Red jasper - is associated with grounding and vitality, which can be beneficial for hip pain
  • Hematite stones - is known for its grounding and protective properties, which can support healing.
  • Black tourmaline - Black tourmaline is believed to assist with pain relief and tension release.
  • Sunstone - associated with vitality, personal power, and motivation, which can aid in the healing process
  • Clear quartz - known for its amplifying and balancing properties, enhancing the overall energy of the grid
  • Rose quartz - promotes emotional healing and can support a sense of peace and comfort during the healing process
  • Selenite - promotes pain relief, relaxation, and healing on both physical and energetic levels
  • Green aventurine - associated with overall healing, particularly related to the heart and circulation

I cleansed the stones, meditated, and then arranged them on my crystal grid. I then charged the crystal grid with my healing intent and gave thanks.

14 Likes

That is absolutely amazing

10 Likes

Well, here are the challenges that I will be working on :laughing: Iā€™ve gotta get it together soon. This chaos is driving me crazy after 4 months. Iā€™ll get there. Since I plan on cleaning my space this weekend, it could be a good time to work on these! :revolving_hearts: Hopefully I find some time to get them done too! Good thing I tend to spend more time in the house during rainy days! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also love catch-up weeks, sometimes I have some to do, other timesā€¦ Iā€™m all caught up. I know the feeling @Kasandra! Another thing to remember is that you can earn any challenge badge more than once, so you can do one that youā€™ve already participated in & get another badge for it :hugs:

@MeganBā€¦ I love :heart: how you chose which ones to do for this week & that it gave so much inspiration to @Artemisia! I love them all. Also, I feel like after some recent eventsā€¦ I may have to give that tarot spread a try. :smiling_face:

Iā€™m continually learning about crystals. As my connection, practice :thinking: have waned over the last few weeks, I need to give them all good cleansing & kind of sort through them. I definitely have too many to count at this point. :rofl:

@brandy20 if you are still interested in Runes, you can check out the Runes Information post. It has all kinds of information regarding runes in there.

@AIRAM great job getting the 3 entries done & they were well put together & done. I hope you learned a lot with them, maybe something that will continue in your practice! :blush:

@Heav3n I like your entries too! The inviting abundance one gives me an idea for something that I can do too! I should do more of thatā€¦ but first have to clean my roomā€¦ itā€™s a bit chaotic at the moment.

15 Likes

I donā€™t know how Iā€™d pick if I didnā€™t use a random number generator :joy: there were too many for me to choose from, and two that are specific to holidays that have to wait!

13 Likes

Lol, that random number generator is a good idea tho, why didnā€™t I think of that?

11 Likes

Thanks, I hope you get your area clean and get a few done.

11 Likes

I have been going around and around on what to do for the catch up. I was thinking about reading tea leaves, because I have never done it before. I have a book on tea magic around here somewhere, but of course, I canā€™t find it at the moment. So off to Kindle Unlimited I go. I found a book Tea & Kitchen Witchcraft: 2 Books in 1: Unlock ALL the Power of Everyday Ingredients and take your Magical Cooking to a Whole New Level with the Most Delicious Spells and Rituals. Kindle Edition

by Alyssa Vera (Author) Format: Kindle Edition

I want to buy the physical book, because itā€™s really good. I was flipping through it and found a recipe that I am going to try.

Challenge Entry #1 Teas and Infusions
Cold tea infusion

Abundance in Summertime

Ingredients:

2 sprigs mint
1 teaspoon green tea
1 medium chopped cucumber
1 sprig cilantro
1 sliced lime
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 slice jalapeno

Mix all ingredients in four cups of water and refrigerate overnight.

I will let yā€™all know how it turns out.

13 Likes

Yayā€¦! Itā€™s been a little while since doing a weekly challenge - I went out on vacation and now I am back.

I set my determination on doing three challenges:

First Catch-up Challenge: #Witchy Media: The Wide World of Witchery

There were so many awesome entries to read through on experiences, reference and sources, as well as favorites! @Cosmic_Curiosity Big fan of the series AHS - Coven! I am a bit of dork when it comes to movies and am partial to the King Arthur adventures especially the movie, ā€œExcaliburā€ (1981) https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ueg3c. The magical and mystical fantasy of the background and props, not to mention the characters of Merlin, King Arthur, Lancelot, and Morgana.

For more modern - love and magic conquers all - another favorite ā€œPractical Magicā€ (1998)
Practical Magic (1998) Official Trailer - Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman Movie HD - YouTube. Need I say anything hereā€¦ :heart:

Being a newbie, as well as getting ā€œin tuneā€ with podcasts, under the related discussions and topics, I found a topic of ā€œGood witchy apps for beginnersā€. I appreciate the post from @Amaris_Bane for the references on podcasts that I hadnā€™t really given thought to! Since I am into herbs, I mainly listen to the herbal and wellness podcasts. These resources are golden in my book - I am grateful! :infinite_roots:

Second Catch-up Challenge: #Technology & Modern Magick

Considering I grew up in a time where computers were not yet available for homeuse - remember those old, clunky, IBM or MACs? The huge brick-style cell phones? Yep, thatā€™s my era. :roll_eyes: I didnā€™t own a cell phone until 33? 34? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I went to the library or purchased books off shelves to get the information that I needed. Nowadays we have such an incredible, and detrimental, access to superhighways of information and each having to exercise personal perimeters of how to use it, apply it, as well as time spent utilizing it.

I would like to try some of the magickal spells for communication and digital sigils, reviewing several of the resources provided by members already utilizing on line platforms for their BoS - mine is chaos with papers, photos, and items stuck in books! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So with that said, I will give my mind a rest and go right to the ā€œGuided Meditationsā€ :heart:

In Spells8 - I frequently utilize the daily rituals with the candle meditations. I feel that these help me to focus, and queue my day with certain aspects and find that it helps in dealing with others or my duties while I am at work. Daily Devotional: Todayā€™s Candle and Magical Correspondences ā€“ Spells8

Along with the Dailyā€™s, I frequently follow up on the links and find useful information or magickal courses to take within the Spells8 platform - this also prompts me to look for other resources for self-education, and enrichment in my journey here. Because I am into herbs - my favorite is the The Green Witch: Herbal Witchcraft Course ā€“ Spells8. I am presently taking a self-guided course in Elemental Herbalism through an outside platform.

Thereā€™s so much out thereā€¦I say, and I am borrowing this phrase, ā€œEasy does itā€.

For my last and Third Catch-up Challenge: #Flower Power

Ahā€¦the language of flowersā€¦Fun fact: In the Victorian era, feelings were best spoken by delivering your fancy, or enemy, certain flowers that would convey what words could not :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I have many favorites for flowers and some I even eat or drink :crazy_face: There are two in particular that I seem to favor which are Orchids - which I have several tattoos of them on my person, and two, I cannot believe I am saying thisā€¦Lilies. :roll_eyes: My sibling dislikes them and consistently points out that they are funeral flowers and I need to find another home for them :joy:

So letā€™s talk about that. There are several families of lilies - Liliaceae family that has 100ā€™s of varietals, and the Amaryllidaceae family. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, Lilies are one of the oldest cultivated plant species. Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians utilized certain portions of the Lily in medicinal ointments, as well as for food - and I thought they were just for ornamental purposes! The Ancients have legends written about lilies and one of the famous myths involved Hercules. Zeus stole Hercules from his mother and brought him to Hera to nurse while she lay sleeping, and when she awoke, she refused to feed Hercules. The milk spilled from her breasts fell to earth and created lilies. Another involves the Goddess, Venus, who became jealous of the beautiful flower, and cursed it to grow the spadix - which is the long spike inside the spathe.

I have Tiger Lilies in my yard, but I have a favorite, the Calla Lily. It is not entirely a ā€œtrue lilyā€ in a sense. The name Calla stems from the Greek word, ā€œcallaā€, meaning beautiful and is most associated with the Goddess, Hera. To be a little forward here - the species is Zantedeschia aethiopica - named after an Italian Botanist. Medicinal, definitely not as these species are extremely toxicā€¦however, in some South African cultures, the rhizome (root/bulb) has been used medicinally in dressings for wounds. With that said, lilies absorb airborne pollutants! Hummingbird and Butterflies love them :grinning:

Correspondences:
Solar system : Moon
Zodiac signs: Gemini, Pisces, Scorpio, Virgo
Celebration: Ostara
Element: Water
Energy: Yin
Angel: Gabriel
Goddesses: Asherah, Astarte, Diana, Hera, Juno, Kuan Yin, Ostara, Venus

Most used to represent magnificent beauty, fertility/sexuality, fidelity - hence its uses in weddings; purity, faith, holiness - hence the association with Christians in the symbolism of the resurrection and rebirth, and use in funerals to embrace the idea of purification of a departed soul. White is associated with innocence; yellow - gratitude; pink - appreciation and admiration; purple - passion; and black to convey mystery and elegance. An author wrote that Calla lilies are slightly contradictory in their heritage as their meanings are first life and fertility, then symbolized by death.

While researching for the Calla lily - this delicate excerpt came up while the author gave its description of the Calla lily - I thought it was beautiful:

ā€œArise and quench thy thirst, was her reply,
And as a shut lily, stricken by the wand
of dewy morningā€™s vital alchemy,
I rose; and bending at her sweet command -ā€

Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Triumph of Life

The whole version of the poem can be found here:

Whew!!

17 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Light ā€˜Em Up! Entry #2

Iā€™ve been feeling a little down today, so I decided to do a happiness spell.

I took yellow beeswax (yellow screams happiness to me), some dried yarrow, a happiness essential oil blend that I made, and clear quartz because it takes away the negative and brings in the positive.

The spell worked. Iā€™m happy now. Lol!

15 Likes

I love it! @Ostara

I have been smiling ever since you shared the picture of your beautiful sunflowers :sunflower: in Magick Gardens Two! Iā€™m so glad your spell worked for you!

With big smiles :smiling_face: and sunflowers :sunflower: always

10 Likes

Thank you!

10 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE catch up: Solstice: Festivities of Light ā€“ Solstice Celebrant. Thank you, Bry, for another catch-up opportunity! I did not get a chance to post over the summer solstice so I picked this challenge. I made solar water on the Solstice. I read (somewhere) that water charged in the sun on the solstice was full of positive energy :slight_smile: I decorated a jar with positive-vibe stickers. I used spring water. Then I put some of the charged solar water in a small spray bottle and added an essential oil blend of sweet orange e.o (positivity, creativity, mood lifting), lemon e.o. (purifying, cleansing) and cinnamon e.o. (good luck and honestly is there anything cinnamon CANā€™T do? Itā€™s like rosemary!). I read that these are associated with the summer solstice. I also popped in a citrine. So this is super-amped solar water spray! I spray it on my forearms when I start to feel blue or discouraged. It smells great and it does cheer me up a bit. The little yellow candleholder, I ā€œmadeā€ with a Yoplait jar, some yellow paint, orange and yellow string and a butterfly, a summer symbol. It glows yellow when the light is low and cost nearly nothing to make. Thanks for the challenge and a 2nd chance to get this coveted badge!

12 Likes

I was as piceses thinking about posidon and laterthat noght the name Asideon came to mindf and i chose it to honor posidon as it was similarplus i just really felt drawn to it. And use it even now as my witch name and truthfullt see no reason why id ever change ot. I love it so much. It truly is me.

12 Likes

Challenge entry- amulets and talismans

I ordered two talismans from Blessed be Magick Unfortunately they sent me a Lilith necklace instead of the ring I ordered and Lilith is a beautiful Goddess who I admire but hopefully there going to correct my purchase but I wanted to show you all the earrings because Iā€™m super excited about this talisman and if I wait for the ring I might miss the challenge. I will be using sage to cleanse my talisman and lighting a candle to charge my intention.:sparkles:

13 Likes

Challenge Entry #1 - Solstice ā€“ Festival of Light

For the Solstice this year I decided to stay awake until the sunrise. I lit a candle, that I had burning until the first light and after, and burned some Dragonā€™s Blood incense to cleanse and sanctify the space, and to bring in the energy of Fire :fire: The candlelight also created a lovely and intimate atmosphere, and I was soon called to watch the video for Walpurgisnacht by Faun, while that one is more meant for Beltane the way weather works over here it matches Midsummer / Litha much better :smile_cat: After the first tunes of dancing to the song we paused the video for a while, threw off our shirt, and applied some moon water to our third eye, heart and sacral chakras, and incense ash to our cheeks and breasts. We said some words and then danced to the end of the song, falling into a lovely trance, and continuing on to this beautiful guided meditation. We saluted the God and the Goddess from a kneeling position, then sitting on our legs and bending down all the way to the floor and staying there for a while, beautifully held. It felt really special, all of it :blush: :sparkles:

Writing this I realized that I must have missed my cake day :sweat_smile: :cake: I remember joining three years ago (three years of being a witch! :smiling_face:) and posted a picture of my first altar, one that I had made for Litha :blush: :sun: So much growth has happened in these three years, and Iā€™ve found a lovely home here, I remember a feeling even then that Iā€™m going to spend a lot of time here with these lovely people! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes