🏃‍♀️ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

WE HAVE THE SAME SET! Only I got them all in yellow! We’re twins :black_heart:

5 Likes

The cat tarot looks so adorable

5 Likes

Knotty & Thrifty

Greetings all, I have yet learned how to link a new post and connect to this one so I will have to post it here.
I like doing knot work, I use it often when I am making bracelets, charms, and other witchamacallit things in my practice. I do a witches ladder when casting during a ritual to seal the spell. But I also like saving money and I have found many things around my house that I have had for years and they have found a place in what I do. Today I have made an elemental knot bracelet and the items were either found at the dollar store or a sale bin.

Have an amazing day and Blessed be.

8 Likes

@NickWick , what a great spell! I’ve never tried knot spells. I should try it. Always feel it’s over my head lol…

5 Likes

That’s beautiful work! Really well done!

5 Likes

One more for Lotions & Potions - I’m a big fan of oils and sprays but I always wanted to try making a balm so I ordered bees wax and lavender buds a month or so ago but had not attempted to do anything with them until today. So I am using the items already listed along with lavender, vanilla, and camphor essential oils. I’m using hemp oil as a base oil.

Attempt number one did not go as planned as I believe I had too much bees wax and not enough base oil, but since the mixture is already blended I melted everything down again, added a little more base and half the bees wax mix (will save the rest for another time). I used lavender because it is a stress reliever, vanilla because it is good against toxins, and camphor because it helps to relieve pain and itching and is also good to help clear congestion. Once it sets properly I will let you know how it works.

It has been a productive weekend and I am glad I was able to catch up on some of the past challenges.

Blessed be.

8 Likes

Nick Wick
Very beautiful poem thank you!:pray:t4:
Jeannie
Blessed be!

4 Likes

A zodiac candle holder sounds amazing, @Susurrus! The zodiacs are tied to all of the elements, so an arrangement of all of the signs together can definitely represent elemental balance :balance_scale: Can’t wait to see it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A rosemary diffusion is a beautiful way to invoke the benefits of the Air Element- well done, @Kasandra! :yellow_heart: Your cat deck is adorable, and I think it is so exciting you are working on your novels! :open_book: :heart_eyes_cat: Beautifully done on your readings- and I’m cheering you on as you write! :writing_hand:

I’m so glad you were able to reconnect with your grandma through her Sno Balls (they sound delicious! :yum:) @Jewitch! You are very thoughtful for adapting the recipe so your father could enjoy they too- I am sure he appreciated it :blush: Recipes are living memoirs of the people who wrote them- it is wonderful your grandmother’s love carried through to you from across the veil. Beautifully done! :pray:

Stunning gratitude poem, @NickWick! Reading your poems is a delight- I can feel your warm heart and appreciation carrying through your words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your knot magick is equally gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing- may all of your goals and wishes be looped in and tied in bountiful blessings! :yarn: :two_hearts:

There are never enough tea blessings- and this is a stunning one to add to our collection, @Amethyst! :heart_eyes: Reading your poems always makes me smile. May every cup you hold in your hands be blessed (and tasty!) :coffee: Thanks for sharing, Kasie!

For my friend @Saulamay and any others who would like to learn/want a reminder on how to link posts (aka turn the text blue and become clickable):

You can click here to learn how to hyperlink
  1. While typing up your post, click on the hyperlink symbol (:link:) in the toolbox bar above.

2. Paste the URL to the website of the content you are sharing

3. In the second box, type the name of the site or source you are linking to.

4. Click “OK”!

Beautiful entries, @Saulamay! :star_struck: I love the colors you incorporated in the bracelet- you are naturally talented at creating things (while staying thrifty! :grin::money_with_wings: ). Your balm took some experimenting, but it sounds like it is well worth the effort! I imagine it smells amazing- lavender and vanilla are a delightful combo :two_hearts: Really great job!

6 Likes

Having missed out on the Earth Element Challenge, I took some time this weekend to draw on natural energies of the Earth in my spellwork :sparkles:

Living in the big city has a lot of benefits, but it comes at the heavy cost of feeling out of touch with nature. While I can’t always take a beneficial hike like I want to, I’ve found that practicing Green Magick helps me to reconnect with the planet and re-discover some of the many benefits of immersing in nature :cityscape: :national_park:

With my houseplants gathered around, I decided to draw on some crystals, an herb, and a few talismans to help me connect with Earth energy.

Earthen Bounty Spell Components:

:herb: Basil and houseplants

:gem: Connemara Marble from Ireland, Blue Tiger’s Eye, Carnelian, Lepidolite, Orange Aventurine, Red Jasper, Bloodstone

:prayer_beads: Icelandic Compass, Tibetan Rune Bracelet, Shinto Money Charm from Japan

:candle: Tealight candles

The goal for this spell was to draw on earthern energies in order to invite bounty- specifically, as drawn by fortuitous Basil in the center, for financial bounty :money_with_wings:

Using symbolic items I had collected from my travels around the world helped to ground me in the moment and remember that, no matter where in the world we are, we are all tied together, living on the same planet :earth_africa: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll use the charged basil in my cooking later today- still not sure what to make! :thinking: Perhaps a nice basil pasta dish :spaghetti: :yum:

Love and Light to all! :world_map: :green_heart:

7 Likes

Well done to all Catch- Up challengers who have shared their lovely entries so far! :sparkles:

Friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: March 23rd, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :running_woman: :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

Haha nice they were the only ones left! My son went back to look and nope nothing at all!

5 Likes

The Elements

Astrology uses various ways to classify the zodiac signs. There are four elements in Western Astrology, and they are divided into groups of three signs each (four times three equals twelve signs): Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. The elements are also known as the Triplicities, and they represent personality tendencies. The Qualities represent modes of activity or expression.

The elements are building blocks of life or life-giving forces.

Fire

Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius share this element. Fire signs are spontaneous, reactive, and assertive.

Earth

If you are a Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn , you are an Earth sign. The Earth signs are reliable, practical, and sensual.

Air

The Air Signs are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius . Air signs are intellectual, detached, and fair-minded.

Water

The Water Signs are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces . Water signs are fluid, emotional, and intuitive.

Elements in Astrology

When analyzing a person’s chart, we don’t only consider the Sun sign’s element. More often than not, a natal chart includes a “count” of the elements of the major planets and points, typically the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. This can give us an idea of the possible dominant (often expressed as a preponderance ) or weak elements in a given chart.

Cafe Astrology

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it! Thank you for the compliments! :blush: I loved your Earth Magic too! Maybe something with pesto if you have enough basil?

Lovely bit of information on the Elements and the Zodiac @Susurrus! Thank you so much for sharing!

5 Likes

This Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch Up has been hard for me. I am not feeling particularly creative as I struggle to hold on to all of the good progress I have made since December. I knew I would end up waiting until the last minute on this one because I didn’t even make it to the Group Ritual this past week. (Although I did have coffee and meditation that day. :wink: )

The two I am doing are “Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Giving Gratitude” and “Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales”. (The hyperlinks are quick links to the relevant sections of this post.)

First, let me start with saying thank you to the people that replied to Brianna with their own entries.

• AliceInWonderdab, christina4, Thank you for the pictures and for the ideas for altars.
  • Wade, thank you for your openness - both in sharing and in exploring your questions about the recipies/cooking :man_cook:t4: with your ancestors.
  • Stephanie, I love using Tarot as a means to divine the future. Your cards are beautiful.
  • Thank you for the beautiful poem, NickWick. Also, you are better at the knots than I am - which is why I haven’t done that challenge, yet. :rofl:
  • Speaking of knots, Saulamay, your bracelet is awesome. :star_struck: Has the lotion had time to set?
  • Kasie, your words for the tea blessing are moving, as always. I count myself blessed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: when I read anything written by you.
  • I never thought you would miss a challenge, TheTravelWitch. :upside_down_face: Thank you for these challenges week in and week out. I don’t know how you do it but I am thankful for the work you put in each week to keep this coven growing.
  • Krissie, thank you for the elements/astrology information. :pray:t4: More than that, thank you for all of the crafty resin ideas you have shared with us lately. You are a true gift to the coven.
  • While it was too late in the day to use it as a start of my day, when I watched @SilverBear’s Starting the Day With Gratitude , I knew I would have to practice her advice the rest of the day and into my tomorrow. Thank you, Laurie, for all of the positive mental health tips and tricks you have shared in the past year. Your videos were needed more than you will ever know as so many of us struggled with being stuck inside, anxiety about the future, and physical ailments taking on our mental health.

Giving Gratitude

Infinite Roots, the Spells8 coven, I have said this in the past, but thank you. Your warm welcomes to me and to everyone that joins, your generosity and encouragement to all that need it, and your knowledge and wisdom you share with the rest of us all create an inviting, safe space for eclectic witches.

While the moderator team and Francisco deserve endless credit for the site and the forum, it is people (like the ones I mentioned above) that have done much to expand the coven into what it is today. We learn from our leaders, yes, but you are role models in your own ways. Thank you.

Books, Tomes, and Tales

I’ve bought 17 books since my tax return and stimulus payment were both deposited in my checking account. So many at once (plus the fog I am in) has made it difficult to settle on just one to read. I need to pick one because I am almost out of time for the latest book club. Thankfully, my :heart: of :books: means I am pushing through for the book club.

This time around, I am reading either A Guide to the Good Life by William B. Irvine or Brave Surrender by Kim-Walker Smith. Who knows? :joy: Maybe I will review two books like I have in the last two book club reviews.

The first one was recommended to me by my therapist. She is big into Stoicism and believes it will be important guardrails to my more recent nihilistic leanings. The second continues my love of my previous faith and learning how it helped, instead of hurt, others who still believe the Christian beliefs. I am always moved by stories about personal journeys and how those journeys helped them become better people.

There is no way I will have both done in 4 days, let alone today before the challenge ends. I will be using the review period to finish them and review them. Then I will get started on Book Club 6 and try to get ahead like some over-achievers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. (Totally kidding, @Jewitch. I did it the last two times myself. I wrote the reviews in private Facebook posts, then copied them here when the review times finally came. :sweat_smile:) I am hoping this is enough for the Book Lover badge, though, because I have been coveting it since I saw it on some of my friends in Spells8. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Thank you @praecog29 regarding the bracelet and the balm. The balm looks nice and smells great but I think I need to add more base oil as it still seems to hard to use at the moment, but better than the first. But as they say, third times a charm, right? :wink:

6 Likes

Aww, thank you @praecog29! :blush: I enjoy sharing it here with everyone. And you’re an important part of our coven too, so I’m thankful to have you here. I’m sure you’ll get your Book Lover badge this time around!

5 Likes

That’s definitely something! I still think you will probably receive communication in unexpected ways throughout the week.

Thanks for sharing those useful links about the veil, it’s such an interesting subject :+1:

@Saulamay That’s a good-looking salve and that altar cloth is neat. Where did you get it??

@praecog29 Lose yourself to Books!! :books: All the best in your reading and cheers to Infinite Roots!! ::clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

@Francisco thank you, the salve smells nice, it might be a little more solid than it should be so I am going to add more base oil. The altar cloth is actually a pillow case I bought on Wish, but I like using it for other things.

7 Likes

I’ve been enjoying cooking different kinds of potions too, and when I saw the recipe for the Four Thieves Oil I was inspired to combine it with a more modern one to create this spray for disinfecting surfaces!

Spirit of the Four Thieves (Spiritus Quattuor Fures)

75% alcohol (ethanol or isopropyl)
1.25% oil of clove
1.25% oil of lemon
0.5% oil of cinnamon
1% oil of eucalyptus
1% oil of rosemary
20% distilled water

You can substitute the alcohol and distilled water with the same combined amount of 60% (120 proof) or stronger vodka if it’s more convenient for you. The stronger drink you offer the thieves, the stronger the effect obviously! :wink:

This will make a solution with 5% essential oils, so please avoid prolonged skin contact. Mix well and bind the ingredients with your intention and this spell:

Spirits of the four clever thieves long past
With your blessing and ingenious recipe
I share this drink with you
And ask you to imbue it with your protection

8 Likes

I have decided to do moon :crescent_moon: magic for this weekly witchy Challenge!
I looked at The half moon tonight I gazed at the clouds that moved so perfectly and how I admired it’s shining light! I Got a glimpse of the blue sky it look like it was tie-dye!( Different color blues). The sky :milky_way: moved ultra fast :dash: like a wave :ocean: in the skyline. I opened up mystic self & on its side, I saw two beautiful stars :sparkles: bye it’s self. Each time it seems like a different sky! it’s light permeated within my soul!
I decided to do a witch’s bottle and in the bottle I put tobacco, blood, broken glass, rusted nails! This is for self care! For protection see there are people that can be a little negative and so with this it will reflect to them any evil they send me!

I loved this witchy challenge!
Thank you to the Lord and Lady for your protection! Let it do no harm to no one! So mote it be!
Blessed be
Jeannie

10 Likes