Basics of the Throat Chakra ๐Ÿ’™

Throat Chakra :blue_heart:

throat-chakra

Sanskrit Name: Vishuddha

• Especially Pure

Physical Location: Area of the Throat, Neck, Jaw, Mouth, & Thyroid

Throat Chakra on Earth :earth_africa: Location: Mount Sinai, in present Egypt, the Great Pyramid of Giza in present Egypt, & Mount of Olives present in Jerusalem

Gland: Endocrine System

Organs/Regions: Tongue :tongue:, Cheeks, Lips :lips:, Jaw, Ears :ear:, Throat, Back & Lower area of the neck including the shoulders.

Element: Ether

Mantra: HAM โ€“ the Seed Mantra of the Visuddha Chakra. Pronounced HAHHHM.

Color: Blue :blue_heart:

Metal: Mercury

Crystals: Aquamarine, Turquoise, Amazonite, Lapis Lazuli, Blue Kyanite, Celestite, Iolite, Sodalite

Essential Oils/Incense: Frankincense, Hyssop, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Cyprus, Eucalyptus

Meditation for the Throat Chakra is a good way to connect with this Chakra

Image Representation: 16 purple petals with 15 Sanskrit vowels written in golden
throat-chakra-symbol

Senses: Speaking/Hearing :speaking_head: / :ear:

Yoga: Yoga for the Throat Chakra from @crystal5

Shoulder stand with Support, pose of a Supported Fish, Pose of the Plough, Lionโ€™s Pose

Food: Kelp, Blue-Green Algae, Lemongrass, Ginger, Oranges/Apples & other tree-borne fruits

Through ages 29 & 35 philosophy, concerns about the future, explaining life choices, marrying their lifeโ€™s purpose, the philosopher or thinker is under the impact of both aspects of a personโ€™s growth

The Throat Chakra represents verbal, nonverbal, internal, & external communication. It begins to connect you to higher realms. Your word is your wand. It has the power to speak your entire world into existence. Life isnโ€™t happening to you; itโ€™s happening for you.

Imbalanced or Blocked Throat Chakra

Difficulty speaking or communicating oneโ€™s needs are signs of imbalance or a blockage as well as sadness :sad:, worry, & poor self-esteem. Being unable to articulate emotions may aggravate the situation further & the courage to do so isnโ€™t there. Other signs are a knot in your throat or hitch in your voice, the dread of public speaking, or speaking so low itโ€™s difficult to hear you.

Overactive

• Habitual lying to cover up intentions or gossiping
  • Highly self-critical
  • Impede the flow of ideas & thoughts your share with the world
  • Feel as though you are critically picky of yourself or others
  • Manifesting as condescending, arrogant, or rude

Underactive

• Nervousness
  • Timidity
  • Introversion
  • Insecurities

Sources:

• Cantrell, Leigh. Chakras for Beginners: A Complete Guide to the Seven Chakras, Their Importance and Their Impact on Your Life . Amazon.com Services LLC, 2021.

• Pfender, April, and Enya Todd. The Complete Guide to Chakras: Activating the 12-Chakra Energy System for Balance and Healing . Rockridge Press, 2020.

• Alcantara, Margarita, and Tom Bingham. Chakra Healing: A Beginnerโ€™s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques That Balance the Chakras . Fall River Press, 2019.

• Chauhan, Divya. โ€œThroat Chakra (Visuddha): Meaning, Location, and Symptoms of Blocked / Balance.โ€ Fitsri , 2 July 2022, Explore Throat Chakra (Vishuddha): Symptoms & Get It Balance - Fitsri

15 Likes

Reading through everything here is like a bell going off in my mind- I think itโ€™s time for me to spend some time working on the Throat Chakra :pray:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, @Susurrus! :blue_heart: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Youโ€™re welcome! I enjoy doing research/informational types of posts :smiling_face: Probably why I got such good grades in college :rofl:

I know I have some work to do with my Throat Chakra, but Iโ€™m taking each one slowly & backtracking as I need to. Iโ€™ll get there though! :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Underactive

• Nervousness :white_check_mark:
  • Timidity :white_check_mark:
  • Introversion :white_check_mark:
  • Insecurities :white_check_mark:

Well, now I know which chakra I need to work on at the moment, lol. Thank you as always for sharing your knowledge about the chakras! It definitely helps us learn!

Editing to add:

I just visited your reference link

and wow, I have all but the thyroid problems.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 112026

7 Likes

@Susurrus here is a link to a few yoga practices for the throat chakra. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjLZyUeM7XgV868NOLYq1vcZECN64MaPb

6 Likes

@MeganB & @Amaris_Bane I have chronic migraines, tooth problems, & my thyroid is being checked as soon as I remember to fast for labs :laughing:

@crystal5 thank you so much! I will get them added to the post!

5 Likes

I have a poster of the seven chakras.
Love all your hard work and dedication Soifra!
Jeannie

6 Likes

The pic said there were meanings to each petal, but they werenโ€™t enumerated. I thought Iโ€™d look those up, since I collect such symbolism.

1. Daya โ€“ Compassion

2. Dharjya โ€“ Patience

3. Kshama โ€“ Forgiveness

4. Nyaya โ€“ Justice

5. Nirapeksha โ€“ Impartiality

6. Niraskata โ€“ Detachment

7. Tapasya โ€“ Meditation and Spiritual Powers

8. Aparchitta โ€“ Invincibility

9. Danasheel โ€“ Beneficience, Bestower of all wealth in the world and nature.

10. Saundarjyamaya โ€“ Beauty Incarnate

11. Nrityajna โ€“ Best of Dancers

12. Sangitajna โ€“ Best of Singers

13. Neetibadi โ€“ Embodiment of Honesty

14. Satyabadi โ€“ Truth Itself

15. Sarvagnata โ€“ Perfect master of all arts, such as poetry, drama, painting etc.

16. Sarvaniyanta โ€“ Controller of All

Found them here:

It looks like these are the basic Hindu values. Learning each of them earns a petal in the chakra.

5 Likes

Oh, thank you! :revolving_hearts: Thatโ€™s a wonderful addition of information

5 Likes