Merry Meet Monday- Forum News! December 14th ❄

Season’s greetings and a very Merry Meet Monday to all!

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Monday, December 14th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

[ [ Celestial Event: Meteor Shower :comet: ] ]

Mentioned in last week’s MMM, the Geminid Meteor Shower is a glorious display that reached it peak last night and tonight-Monday, December 14th . However, it is likely that you will be able to catch meteors on clear nights during the coming days as well!

You can find out more about the meteor shower including Ways-to-Watch tips in the Earthsky article All you need to know: Geminid Meteor Shower :comet:

Not sure how to celebrate? Here are some ideas for Meteor Shower Rituals.

Meteor-Shower-Ritual-Ideas

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, December 17th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s ritual post to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

A friendly heads up: There will not be a group tea meditation next week, but there will be an extra special group meditation the following week to welcome in the new year! :partying_face:

[ [ Witch Holiday / Sabbat- Yule :evergreen_tree: ] ]

The Winter Soltice and Yule arrive on Monday, December 21. This is a joyous occasion and there are many ways to celebrate! You can find more information about the holiday and some great ritual ideas in the Spells8 Yule Celebration Ritual.

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8-750x500

You may also consider making yule pinecones, a yule log, magical yule charms, and listening to some pagan Yule Tunes :musical_note:

Lots of happy holiday cheer to you- blessed yule!

[[ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magick in the Dark :new_moon:

This challenge will close Wednesday, December 16th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge- Magick in the Dark :new_moon:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to divine? Join here: Divination Discussion :sparkles: Mr. Novus has a question

The deadline has been extended! :partying_face:

Be sure to get your entry in by the new deadline: Thursday, December 17th.

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@jolien, @margherita, @april14, @madison6, @jamie10, @xander, @julie13, @abby4, @nicole19, @karla1, @davon, @brittany18, @stephanie21, @sabrina4, @lashun, @sylvia, @pedros10, @jessica38, @paige2, @terri3, @santana, @janet1, @kimberly19, @clair, @athiwat, @mary20, @pamela8, @vanessa2, @heather23, @nykky1, @amy14, @larica, @Cinnamonoob, @amy15, @rebecca11, @ryan, @kemrai, @bryanna, @lashawndra, @kathryn6

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family!

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• Big hugs to @praecog29 for liking the most posts in the forum- on a two week streak of sharing the love :heart: Your thoughtful guidance and warm encouragement are so welcome here- thank you for all that you do! :hugs:

• Very well done to @Susurrus for writing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand: Your supportive input and creative endeavors exploring your craft are always a delight- thank you for bringing joy to the forum! :raised_hands:

And I can’t forget a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The light and cheer of the coming holidays will replace the darkness of the New Moon- what celebrations or reflections are waiting for you in the days ahead? :partying_face:

Give a shout and share your thoughts in the comments below!

Fill the air with your love, magick, and holiday cheer as you enjoy the unique warmth of the season!

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Yay to @Susurrus and @praecog29! Super excited that you got a shout out this week.

I hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays and are having a wonderful week! :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

Oh, thank you! I have been kind of chatty this week I suppose. Great job @praecog29 for all that love you’re spreading.

I’m having coffee right now and try to decide how to tackle the day. I think in a little bit I’m going to take a shower and then have some witchy time while everyone is asleep. I think I am going to break up my witchiness today because I have my daughter home with me today. I look forward to talking to everyone today!

5 Likes

Congrats and thanks to @Susurrus and @praecog29 for the shout out and the wonderful presence on the forum.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Wow I am so happy I found this community <3

7 Likes

Thank you for the love. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am thankful for this coven.

This week is the New Moon spells and shadow work. Nothing else is planned until Saturday when we will be at a party :partying_face: for a close friend. (We might skip that depending on who else is going because covid is still a thing.) My best friend has covid :mask: so I am running tons of spells for her and I have offered to run groceries and over the counter meds to her as needed.

Welcome, @ryan, it is good to have you on the forum. I can’t wait to get to know you. I see your first post was about music but I felt like this was a better spot to welcome you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratto @praecog29 & @Susurrus.
Blessings & hugs!

4 Likes

Thank you, @pedros10, it’s been good getting to know you on here, as well. I love how active you are already.

5 Likes

Thank you @pedros10 and everyone! I’m just really chatty now that I have come out of my most recent shell. :hugs: :laughing:

I’m so happy that I can go through my ups and downs and feel so welcomed when I finally burst out. I know that I never really leave the forum, I keep checking in, but it’s comforting to know that no matter how I’m feeling I can always come here.

5 Likes

Well feel free @Susurrus for any witchy chat. I definitely love to talk about our practice, and learn from others.
I believe that this can give you a idea @praecog29 for being so active. :blush:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :new_moon: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Magick in the Dark

A very warm welcome to you, @ryan! We are delighted to have you here too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh no, so sorry to hear about your friend, @praecog29! She is very lucky to have such good support and love. Wishing her a very speedy recovery! :pray:

Glad to have you back, @Susurrus :heart: It is possible to come and go like the phases of the moon and rest assured- the forums will be here to welcome you back! :hugs:

We had our first decent snowfall in Warsaw last week- it looks like more might be on the way! :snowflake: I decided to get a tree for the apartment- the stand arrived… but no tree :sweat_smile: Gonna have to track it down and haunt the post office again. They are most definitely on my naughty list :scroll::laughing: Otherwise all well and normal here!

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy week leading up to Yule :partying_face::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

My friend’s party was a unique experience. Everyone somehow did the socially distant thing? It was weird but nice to see so many people in one place. (Besides the mall’s food court, but that is scary to think about. :grimacing:)

This weekend my wife’s girlfriend and I purchased tickets to stream different events and we all watched them together. She paid for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and I paid for Lindsey Stirling’s Home for the Holidays special.

Early this morning, 3:45 AM local time, I watched the event from Ireland. That was amazing and I commented on it here: 🎄 How to Celebrate Yule Alone? Ideas+Ritual!

@BryWisteria, did you track down your tree?

3 Likes

I’m glad your friend was able to host a fun and safe get-together, @praecog29! But yes- shopping malls are always scary during the holiday shopping craze, but this year? Even more terrifying to picture :scream:

That’s awesome- the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is always a hit, and I love Linsey Stirling! She is so talented :violin::two_hearts:

Yes, indeed! I’ve got my tree and I’m in a scramble of decorating, gift wrapping, and food prep- tis the season to be crazy! :laughing: Hahaha crazy but fun.

Wishing a very Happy Yule and Winter Solstice to all! :sun_with_face::snowflake:

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and share your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.