Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! March 22nd 🌕

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Here’s a peek at what’s in store for this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, March 25th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, March 26th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post.

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Sunday, March 28th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

The full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at it’s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon. For inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :star_struck:

The March full moon is called the Worm Moon :bug:. In 2021, the March Worm Full Moon will be a “Super Moon”- meaning that it will appear much larger than normal as it closely approaches Earth.

You can also learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in What’s in a Full Moon Name? :full_moon:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Catch-Up :running_woman:

This challenge will close Tuesday, March 23rd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up :running_woman:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :thought_balloon: Trusting Yourself

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, March 31st !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club V (Feb 26 - Mar 26)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 26th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@alexei, @Hazel, @samantha24, @amanda32, @maria10, @cj12, @None, @ashlee, @cloe, @kathleenq, @margaret1, @timothy1, @teresa3, @amber20, @karen6, @amy20, @karen7, @anie, @hollybelle, @Sunflower, @samantha25, @rachelle, @benny, @alicia10, @stephanie28, @rose5, @ivanna, @alicia11, @Jypsy, @kathy1, @meyleeng, @kimberly30, @cammy, @carmella, @micah, @lacie1, @fiona3, @dao, @erika1, @katherine10, @moon, @gillian3, @laurencia, @carolyn3, @jessica48, @ashley28, @tatiana2, @april18, @mary25, @nicki, @kristy5, @maryann, @kat5, @cato1, @luca, @norfalia1

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Three cheers for @Susurrus- who has shared the most posts and given the most hearts over the past four weeks :writing_hand: :heart: You are amazingly talented and a warm soul- thank you for blessing us with your presence! :hugs:

After a four-week streak at the top of the likes and posts pedestal, @Susurrus will receive a special title and badge for their wonderful contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two month rest period.

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

A full moon in sight and magick in the air- do you have any fun plans for the week ahead, magickal or mundane? :full_moon:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

May the light of the moon guide you forward- onwards and upwards to new magickal heights!

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Congratulations to @Susurrus :wave::star::eight_pointed_black_star::balloon::bouquet:

6 Likes

Oh thank you! I love this badge! I will keep it safe with the others.

I don’t have much going on this week except I have OT on Thursday. I have been working on a few craft things & I’m going to do my Catch Up Challenge today. I just need my daughter to get off to school.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I’m going to set up my altar for the day & I will be back.

5 Likes

Congratulations @Susurrus! That’s such an accomplishment! Way to go!

As for me, I’ve been to the doctor again. My boo-boos are getting better but aren’t gone yet. They’ll get there though!

I also have a new Smartphone so I’ve been trying to figure that out. Does Spells8 have an app? Just wondering. I don’t want to miss out. Any other apps y’all think I might need?

Hope you all are having a good Monday!

3 Likes

I don’t believe there is an app yet, but @Francisco left some helpful instructions on how to add Spells8 to our home screens. :grinning:

4 Likes

I love all of the crafty things you have been sharing. I can’t wait to see more! :star_struck: Congrats on the badge. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

OOH! Thank you so much @praecog29! Now let’s see if I can figure this out. LOL.

3 Likes

@praecog29 thank you & you beat me to it! I used it to put Spells8 on my phone. It comes in handy when I post the Brigid Flame pictures & the ones of my projects. Usually, I am on my laptop if I am in here because it’s just easier for me to type & on my hands.

@Amethyst this is the 2nd time I have gotten the badge, maybe the 3rd? You & I were going back & forth with it last year :rofl: I just get chatty with my people. I’m happy that your boo-boos are getting better! I have to call the place that assists with getting people helpers. My house is taking a beating with my hand only working for a short time each day.

3 Likes

Good luck, it takes a while. But I don’t know what I’d do without Sally, so I’m very thankful for her. Hopefully you can get some help soon.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Susurrus for being such a loving, spirited presence in the Coven!! :pray: :hugs:

And as always thank you to @BryWisteria for the joy and cheerfulness you bring to Mondays!!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Francisco- it’s always a delight to put the weekly news together and see the upcoming excitement! :star_struck: :cherry_blossom:

Congrats on your new smartphone, @Amethyst! It looks like @praecog29 came to the rescue. I hope you were able to set it up okay :blush:

Good luck and have fun with your crafts, @Susurrus! :sparkles:

4 Likes

@Susurrus , congratulations!:candle::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you @walter! I hope you have a great day!

4 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus You as well!

4 Likes

I was, thank you all! Now I can carry the coven with me wherever I go!

3 Likes

The coven in your heart and in your pocket- it’s Spells8 on the go! :grin: :iphone: :two_hearts: Enjoy, Kasie!

4 Likes

:blush:

I will!

4 Likes

So, speaking of Spells8, I originally thought that Spells8 was our coven name. Lol, I didn’t know what to call it so I used that as the name when I was talking to my friend in town. I love Infinite Roots though, I think it’s a good name for us because we are so spread out & there’s an infinite number of people & places that we could be from.

5 Likes

I love how you worded this, Krissie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And cheers to that- I always called it the “Spells8 Coven” too! :grin: Now I think of ‘Spells8’ still working perfectly as an over-arching name for the main site and the forum board, with the users calling ourselves the Infitite Roots Coven :infinity: :deciduous_tree:

Kind of like how a house may have a name (like the ‘White House’, ‘Downton Abbey’, or even ‘Hogwarts’), but the people living within may refer to themselves by another title or name. I think of it like Spells8 is the home of the Infinite Roots Coven :house_with_garden: :heart:

5 Likes

I like that & how it was explained. I feel the same way. It just hit me when I was going through Spells8 for my full moon stuff.

4 Likes