Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! (Jan 23 - 29) šŸŒ›

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about whatā€™s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Keep scrolling to see the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

ā†’ Thursday, January 26

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This weekā€™s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

freebie friday
Picture from Pexels

ā†’ Friday, January 27

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this weekā€™s reading session to begin, you can check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

ā†’ Saturday, January 28

Look to the skies! This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

As explored in the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick , this moon phase is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing :hugs:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Other Events & Sabbats - MMM

ā†’ Wednesday, February 1st

Heads up, witches! Not this week but next, get ready for a Sabbat and pagan holiday celebration. Those in the Northern Hemisphere will enjoy the Sabbat Imbolc :candle:

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration-360x240

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Lughnasadh :bread:

What-is-Lughnasadh-360x240

Keep an eye out for celebration suggestions and more holiday info in next weekā€™s Merry Meet Monday! You can also stop by the Imbolg/Lughnasadh 2023 Coven Celebration Discussion to pick up some great magickal ideas or share your personal celebrations with the forum family :infinite_roots: :sparkles:

To learn more about the main pagan holidays and 8 Sabbats of the year, you can visit the Spells8 Wheel of the Year Page :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including special dates and spellwork!) delivered to your email inbox three times a week, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Technomancy :technologist:

Spells8 Witch Challenge Technologic Techno Magic

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, January 24 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 27 .

And if you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Readerā€™s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXIII - Readersā€™ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, January 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this monthā€™s birthday discussion will close on Tuesday, January 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

Fun in the Forum MMM

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various themed gatherings and specialized activity topics shared by coven members. Here are a few current discussions active within the last week where participation is warmly encouraged.

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing- so feel free to jump in!

With a vast library spanning years of content, hundreds of new posts each week and a 24/7 community, there is always an abundance of topics to explore- we hope you have fun in the forum! :star2:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@carla9 - @shannon36 - @mary52 - @james6 - @soulestial - @brianna14 - @latonya1 - @janelle2 - @Jinx.Thornheart - @sonya - @Draconia54 - @megan39 - @cretu - @alexis12 - @selene1 - @jeanna1 - @rachel52 - @kaitlyn14 - @tara27 - @rachel53 - @hannah11 - @Jefeseus - @katheryn1 - @sheila5 - @elizabeth51 - @kelley3 - @alfred1 - @jennifer41 - @cristina4 - @savannah11 - @kai - @sarah84 - @brianna15 - @bobbi4 - @paolamarie - @E_lla - @egon - @ty1 - @michele17 - @britt2 - @nicole65 - @rebecca43 - @tay - @greyson - @angelina5 - @crystal63 - @tammy4 - @kathryn26 - @melanie17 - @theressa - @lia - @allyson4 - @alexandria7 - @courtney30 - @DragonDancer - @victoria48 - @Moon_Goddess223 - @loren1 - @deobrah20 - @sonja2 - @JadeMermaid_Lara - @requita - @minnieer - @kym - @diane10 - @stephen3 - @marcia3 - @shari4 - @audrey7 - @nicole66 - @karhel1 - @matt2 - @Artemis_Halo - @emily14 - @micah2 - @ashley97 - @maja1 - @natalie5 - @hilary1 - @alacia1 - @nikki11 - @TJ_Vellichor - @kara13 - @Will0w - @misty16 - @Jillybeansie - @william9 - @jennifer136 - @krysten - @courtney31 - @rachel54 - @heatherann1 - @joshua15 - @lavinia - @sonya2 - @jodi2 - @shania - @amanda100 - @gail1 - @bridget1 - @raquel7 - @antwan - @lacy1

If you havenā€™t done so already, please say hello by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hey! to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

The top posters and sharers from this past week are:

• @Melora_Fae - for sharing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand:

• @CelestiaMoon - for giving out the most hearts over the last seven days :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded a special badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period). Those who have won the badge 5 times will no longer be counted, as they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Weā€™d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Are you ready for next weekā€™s Sabbat? :hatching_chick: Will you be working any magick for the First Quarter Moon? :first_quarter_moon:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Congratulations, ladies! Thanks for all that you do for the forum!

Well, Iā€™m doing well this week! No doctor visits or going out. YAY! And I finished my book club books so double yay! On-time even. LOL! I get so distracted by other shiny things on the internet that I have trouble concentrating sometimes. So much to read, so little time.

Iā€™ve got a new oracle deck, called Mythic Oracle that deals with the Greek Pantheon. So far Iā€™m really pleased, Iā€™ve really connected with it. Itā€™s got gorgeous art, too! Iā€™ll have to show yā€™all later.

But thatā€™s about it for me this week. Iā€™m being boring and staying in to write. Hope yā€™all have a good week!

15 Likes

Ohhh, Iā€™ve had a lot of love to give past week! :smile_cat: :revolving_hearts:
It feels really nice to be active again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Itā€™s great to see you being active again!

11 Likes

Thank you love, Iā€™ve missed you all! :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

BIG congratulations to the two lovely witches here!!
@CelestiaMoon congrats love for giving and spreading soo much love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart: @Melora_Fae congrats sweetie for sharing the most posts in the forum! You deserve this shoutout! :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @Melora_Fae for the most posts! Great job & we love all of your contributions! :revolving_hearts:

@CelestiaMoon a big congratulations to you too! :confetti_ball: Spreading the love is also very important & I agree with @Amethyst, itā€™s nice to have you back again! We have missed you too :hugs:

Today is my only day without appointments, but also both of my sons are home. One due to the weather & one because Monday is always his day off. Iā€™m hoping to show my oldest a video that I had forgotten all aboutā€¦ I had seen the actual movie when with a boyfriend I had at the time. I think he will like it too! Especially just based on themes of his tattoos & the things we talk about together. I love :heart: when I can find a great connection with my kids, but for each kid, the connection is completely unique to the other 2 children :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Luckily Wednesday & Thursdayā€™s appointments are over the laptop either through doxyme or zoom, so thatā€™s not so bad. Especially considering the weather we are having. Iā€™m going to have to give in & start wearing at least my compressions & hand splints. The raw weather is affecting my lower back, hips, knees, and hands in a big way latelyā€¦ but itā€™s kind of been this type of weather off & on since around Christmas Day. :triumph:

Iā€™m getting better at actually taking time to rest & at least relax a bit. So I feel better that way, Iā€™m not completely spent in the afternoons lately. I spent Saturday being completely lazy & slept until after 7 AM Saturday & Sunday! Even today I woke up late for me at 6:30 AM! But now Iā€™m not spent by 2 PM either, so thatā€™s good. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Thanks so much for the shoutout, I had no idea Iā€™d shared so many posts lol! :laughing: Iā€™ve been kind of quiet for a couple months so itā€™s nice to really jump back in and be active. :heart:

11 Likes

Merry Monday All,

Iā€™m making salves this week for myself and a few family members.

My youngest had his wisdom teeth removed friday so I will continue tending to his needs for that.

Iā€™ve got an appointment later this week with the doc so Iā€™m hoping I will be getting my energy back soon or finding out why its still gone.

Iā€™m a little worried my energy is gone because I need to do chakra work in a bad way! Maybe I will make February my ā€œme monthā€ since it contains my birthday, valentines, and Imbolc! :crossed_fingers:

My in-laws visited last week and Iā€™m still recovering. Itā€™s like a huge party for days! We had 3 Aunts, 90 year old grandpa and grandma and theyā€™re full speed ahead! 7 people in all! My husband has a wonderful family, they are very accepting, and loving. Most of them live in Alaska and one was from Washington and Oklahoma.

@Susurrus Iā€™m right with you on the aches/pains from the cold. I wear wrist bands to keep the cold ache away on my wrists.

:star:Have a GREAT week everyone! :heart:

:butterfly:

9 Likes

Look at you two go! :heart: Congratulations!

I need to make time and do my challenge this week - I seriously have no clue what to do this time and I think I missed the last challenge.

I also hope to do the group ritual this week :tea: but itā€™s another busy week for me this week and I think just finding space to breathe ā€“ sacred space, anyone? (@Susurrus Iā€™m taking this card with me all week) ā€“ is going to be a challenge.

Good for you - no appointments! And congratulations on finishing your books! I think Iā€™m on track to finish mine, at least one book. My goal was to read two books a month but Iā€™ll be happy if I can finish this one :laughing:

11 Likes

Yay @Amethyst for finishing books on time! I havenā€™t been able to read anything for the book club in at least the last 2 or 3 :slightly_frowning_face: Iā€™m still trying to find my balance from being so sick at the end of December & the first 2 weeks of January.

I think I need to @MeganBā€¦ Iā€™ve been very scattered today & then I did the single draw & Iā€™m likeā€¦ yesā€¦ this too :laughing:

Okay, Iā€™m off to try to find some kind of something that is reminiscent of order for the day. Itā€™s kind of been a fly-by-the-seat of my pants concerning what I normally do each dayā€¦ I will say that I have a couple of things on my mind that I need to resolve so I can figure out how to move through the rest of the week with appointments each morning :thinking:

10 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face: and thank you :pray: @Melora_Fae and @CelestiaMoon for all your contributions to the forum :infinite_roots: Itā€™s such a blessing to have you both here :hugs:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always
The Other Marsha

11 Likes

You sweeties, you all are my blessing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Something cute for you for the Lunar New Year! :blush: :black_heart: :sweat_drops: :rabbit: :cat:

10 Likes

Did you draw that, @CelestiaMoon ? Either way it is very adorable, thank you for sharing! I love rabbits and am excited that this year is all about them! :rabbit2:

11 Likes

I didnā€™t draw it myself, my girlfriend found it on Mastodon and I wanted to share it with you :smile_cat:

I love rabbits too (and cats!) and Iā€™m also one, so Iā€™m extra curious what this yearā€™ll bring! :blush: :rabbit2:

10 Likes

I only finished one book, I donā€™t know why I put that s on there. Still, itā€™s finished so yay! I read so much other stuff, I get distracted, and oh :chipmunk:! LOL!

Well, you had Captain Tripps just about, thatā€™s what I call pneumonia. Itā€™ll take a while to recover from that! And youā€™re a very busy person, you and @MeganB both with the forum. Iā€™m amazed yā€™all do as much as you do!

11 Likes

Oh, thank you! :blush: we try to do what we can :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your love- itā€™s a blessing! :heart::blush:

And I adore that picture :rabbit: :cat: :sparkles: The Lunar New Year snuck right up on me this year haha! Wishing you a very blessed year of the Water Rabbit :water_element: :heart:

Itā€™s a very well-deserved shout-out, Melora- thank you so much for all that you do! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Thank you so much love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
There was a beautiful article in Forever Conscious about this year, the energy feels just as soft and fluffy as it sounds! :relaxed:

12 Likes