Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jul 25 - 31 🌚

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

This Thursday, July 28th , we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon. The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

New-Moon-Manifestations

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, July 28th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Ritual - Lammas

The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, July 29th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week, but early next week get ready for a Sabbat on Monday, August 1st.

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Lammas/Lughnasadh :bread:

What-is-Lughnasadh

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Imbolc :egg:

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration

Keep an eye out for celebration suggestions and more holiday info in next week’s Merry Meet Monday!

You can also explore the Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, you can check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to partcipate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Casual Casting :sunglasses:

Spells8 Challenge Witch Casual Informal Magick

This challenge will close on Tuesday, July 26th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) and a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(And as always, a brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 5th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVIII - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Sunday, July 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access Brigid Flametender and all content within A Sacred Space .

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@tajinae, @tonja, @paola, @jordan63, @joshua11, @sandra13, @danielle32, @kiley, @jessica109, @lorena, @jenna8, @ronda1, @kailey2, @tamber, @kristin8, @kristen18, @nicole44, @amanda75, @danielle33, @andrew4, @samantha72, @amy63, @tom1, @leti, @irina, @karri, @eleanor1, @ke1, @andria, @joel1, @lacey4, @natalie2, @kirsten2, @jolie, @kimberly59, @nicole45, @maria22, @gbemisola, @kamila, @Maximus, @terry4, @john.knox, @vicky2, @brandi14, @jennifer108, @christina45, @nichole9, @amy64, @calleen, @jade11, @candice8, @chels, @fernanda, @amanda76, @jenna9, @julie24, @mandi2, @andrew5, @breanna4, @lonna1, @renae2, @jessika1, @margaret9, @Icaro, @rachel34, @tina21, @rachel35, @kaitlin9, @cindy14, @aubrey, @sheana, @julie25, @cammie, @layla1, @shannon26, @shauna4, @kelee, @kayla31, @maryann3, @victoria41, @jimmy1, @derrick1, @j_leverett, @gisela, @charlie4, @melissa20, @whitley1, @kenneth3, @william5, @amy65, @shawn2, @rebecca25, @amandah-kayte, @cheyenne5, @sandra14

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Will you be resting and reflecting for the New Moon this week? :new_moon: Do you have any fun plans in store for the upcoming Sabbat? :ear_of_rice:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Merry Meet Monday Witches!
Didn’t see the main post yet, so if I overlooked it @TheTravelWitch_Bry or @Siofra_Strega or @MeganB please edit this into that feed. Thank You.

Well, I’ve been busy tending to some much needed reflecting and self care. With everything going on in our world and in our day to day lives for me sometimes I just need to stop and breathe. I’ve had a paranormal encounter about two weeks ago now, that I will have to make a post about. It was dealing with my daughter Hailey and something being attached to her. It was a very long 6 days that we went through until I was able to cleanse the home and her, but once that was complete she returned to her self. Both the girls (Hailey and Danielle) are doing great with their job. Navigating all my kids being adults now (Danielle turns 20 tomorrow) is different…having the house to myself on days they work is nice but so very quiet.
This week I am tweaking my kitchen, bought a deep freezer and a rack to hang my pots and pans on. Trying out some audible books, don’t know how that will go I prefer reading myself.
Hope everyone has a blessed week,
Missed you all.

13 Likes

You beat me to it @Rowan haha- merry meet Monday to you too! :heart::blush:

I’m glad your daughters are doing well with their new job and also that you were able to free Hailey from whatever was attached to her- that sounds like quite the story! Looking forward to hearing it :pray::candle:

Wishing you all the best with your kitchen work- hope it all goes well and that you have a blessed week too! :sparkles::grinning:

Missed you as well- have a good one, Rowan!

11 Likes

Congratulations :tada: :confetti_ball: ladies for keeping us going with all of your inspiration & love :heart: :revolving_hearts: You are valued members of the community! :hugs:

I already had my appointment for the day & have done a few things, but with dilated eyes, it wasn’t anything that didn’t need to get done before the thunderstorms :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: … if they actually come over us. One thing about our weather, what the TV :tv: or app says… doesn’t mean it won’t change within minutes to something completely different. Fun with the weather here!

I’m working on releasing some emotions that have shown up as of around Thursday/Friday that I have been trying not to hold onto, but the racing thoughts tell another story once everyone was where they need to be this morning. Emotional, Mental, or External Difficulties by @SilverBear actually gave me the assistance I needed to work through most it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Now to journal :pen: the thoughts & maybe an anxiety type of meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:

I have also decided that for a little while at least, I need to do some protective work around draining/negative energies… the emotions & people seem to be just everywhere :tornado: whether it’s from friends, work, social activities, the weather :hot_face:, or whatever… I’m picking up on them now that I have this one emotion that had been lingering over the weekend. So going to do some protective measures while I work through it at least today & tomorrow.

I have other appointments, one on Wednesday & the other on Thursday. A lot in 1 week for me as of recent! I really need to get an updated calendar for my living room, apparently, my family does look at it for appointments & such… I thought I was the only person that looked at it :laughing:

10 Likes

Lol, I was eager this morning!:face_with_hand_over_mouth: Thank you, Im proud of them. Ill post an explanation this week.
Congrats @jan_TheGreenWitch @marsha Thank you ladies!!!

9 Likes

Congratulations you two! :tada: :partying_face:

11 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: @jan_TheGreenWitch Way to go girl! :tada:

Thank you :pray: Much appreciated! :heart:

@BryWisteria & @Susurrus & @Rowan & @MeganB

9 Likes

Merry Meet All! Looking forward to this week although I have nothing major planned. I will do a bit of looking around the Spells8 forum and books for some ideas for my Lammas altar oh! and this evening I’m going to try out a new spell for my hubs back spasms. It’s a spell that has been created by witches in New Orleans and calls upon the help of Marie Laveau, which I’ve never tried but am excited to connect with her if she is open to it. I’m also anticipating my official job offer email to come this week. I’ve already accepted verbally but it seems the official paperwork is taking its time getting to me for this role. Considering using some speed it up magick but also feeling that I shouldn’t interfere for whatever reason. It’s on the way. Came back to update - just a few minutes ago, I received the official offer in my email!

@Rowan so glad that you were able to cleanse the home and your girls are well. I’m sure that was a lot to deal with!

@Susurrus I think you have some wonderful and helpful plans. I think we all can use a boost of protection from negative and draining energies every once in a while. I hope it also continues to help with letting go whatever thoughts are trying to bring you down. I loved @SilverBear 's video on releasing negative thoughts. I know for me, it always feels lik it’s a work in progress though

@BryWisteria thank you for the weekly news! Trying to make it a habit to look for this post specifically on Mondays and not the weekend when I’ve missed everything LOL

Welcome to all the new members! And congratulations to @jan_TheGreenWitch and @marsha

11 Likes

Im honored to have been pointed out for sharing but more so for being a part of this coven and I am grateful for everyone’s posts as I was in need of a community more than I realized. Light, love, friendship and protection to you all. :magic_wand:

10 Likes

Congrats @jan_TheGreenWitch and @marsha! Well deserved reward for all the love and knowledge y’all have shared.

Welcome to all the new members!!

I have a crazy work schedule this week as my main client kicks off their mid-year audit. This means lots of meetings and paperwork for me. Yay. I’m also getting added to additional projects, which is exciting because it shows that the owners of the firm believe in me!!

Personal side, my week is filled with relaxation as much as possible to continue to recover from COVID. I have a lingering dry cough that just won’t go away. It’s a deep chest cough that hurts my throat. Cough drops help for a little while but nothing seems to work long term. I keep waking up at night so I’m exhausted. I have my “lady doctor” appointment, as my husband calls it, this week. This is a new gyno and I’m hopeful this one will listen to me. I’m trying to get off hormones but all my others have resisted.

I’m fighting a migraine today so I’m currently on the couch with an ice pack watching a show about Nessie while reading a book about Greek mythology.

Oh, I got new bookmarks!! The one in my planner is a yogi in Lotus pose. Ours the little things that make me happy, lol.

8 Likes

Ooo… I have a bookmark like that that represents the Morrigan! I need more physical books :frowning_with_open_mouth: I miss using that bookmark :thinking: Hah! Some more things for me to organize in my space when I can switch gears to the organization portion of my chaos :rofl:

8 Likes

Haha, that is like me! I’ll go through phases with my organization. Like just now, I was trying to look up some info in my Tarot Reversals book and was annoyed that I couldn’t easily find where each Arcana started. So I took my handy Avery tabs and went to work. Well, someone decided to help…

I got my tabs on but then got distracted petting my familiar and forgot that the whole reason I was trying to organize my book was because I was in the middle of my tarot reading, lol.

10 Likes

Lol. I can relate to the distraction part - it is usually my kids or my dog…sometimes it is my brain that is the distraction :laughing:

8 Likes

Congratulations, ladies! Thank you for all you do for the community!

I’m kinda late to the party this week. My doctor’s appointment wasn’t till late in the day and when I came home I kind of mentally crashed and my brain turned to jelly. LOL! The doctor says she’s pleased with the old sore but is worried about the new one. So yeah, that’s fun. They gave me an even tighter compression wrap today so we’ll see how that goes.

I kinda feel bad because I don’t think I’ll be doing anything for the new moon. I’m kinda concentrating on Lughnasahd this week. I wrote myself a ritual but I’m not sure if I’m finished fiddling with it yet. We’ll see what happens with that.

Hope y’all are having a good week!

9 Likes

You’re very welcome @Marsha and @jan_TheGreenWitch- thanks again to you both for all the love you share and light you give! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :candle:

@robin77 It’s my pleasure, Robin! :heart: I’m happy if you find the news updates helpful- some weeks are pretty quiet, but then other weeks certainly have a lot happening! :grinning:

Apologies for not replying to everyone individually, but it looks like across the board everyone seems to have a lot going on this week! :astonished:

Wishing everyone all the best with everything as well as a happy, healthy, and blessed week leading up to the Sabbat :pray::blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Thank you @marsha and congrats to you too. I am so happy to be getting to know you!!! :tada:

7 Likes

Update to MMM :

This week’s group ritual post is now live in the forum! For more details, please view the full post here:

7-28-2022 Group Ritual New Moon in Leo

(Group Ritual - Jul 28) :new_moon: New Moon in Leo

As the moon rests, the stage is set for the next moon cycle. The following meditation invokes the possibilities and potential of the New Moon :new_moon: with the energy of The Lion- a sign who knows how to take the spotlight and shine :lion:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you all then!

Cheers, Infinite Roots!

:leo: :new_moon: :tea:

8 Likes

I actually ordered new bookmarks from Amazon yesterday. I must have been feeling your bookmark vibe through the air. Lol. I haven’t purchased bookmarks in years!

10 Likes

Ohh I love this bookmark :heart_eyes: I used to have something like this when I was a kid and I don’t know what happened to it. I just had a thought to crochet something like this and put little charms on the end that hang over :thinking: I might have to play with that idea!

8 Likes