Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 15 🤎

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Deity Day : Night of Hekate :old_key: ] ]

Tuesday, November 16th is known as the Night of Hekate- a time when those who follow the Goddess Hekate make offerings, cast spellwork, and call upon this deity.

You can learn more about this Goddess in Hecate: Goddess Symbols, Correspondences, Myths, and Offerings

Hecate-Goddess-of-Magic-360x240

Not sure what to do for Hekate’s Night? Or have some ritual ideas you are excited to share? You can do so in the discussion: November 16th is Hecate’s Night

[ [ Celestial Event: Meteor Shower :comet: ] ]

The Leonid Meteor Shower comes once a year and will peak this week from Tuesday, November 16th - Thursday, November 18th (depending on your location).

Picture from Royal Museums: Leonid Meteor Shower

For the occasion, you might explore Meteor Magick Rituals or consider working spells that draw on the power of the Zodiac Leo :leo:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, November 18th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Picture from Unsplash

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

A beautiful full moon will bless the skies above on Friday, November 19th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Beaver-Moon-Spell-Witch-Magic-360x240

The full moon of November is called the Full Beaver Moon :brown_heart: and celebrates the energy of this time of year. This moon is ideal for hard work towards a goal, dutiful preparation, and cultivating success.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Beaver Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Celestial Event: Lunar Eclipse :black_circle: ] ]

In addition to the full moon, certain parts of the world will experience a Lunar Eclipse on Friday, November 19th .

A Lunar Eclipse is a dark time with unique effects on spellwork. Every witch forms their own opinion about working or abstaining from magick during this time.

Learn more and consider working some insightful shadow magick with a Lunar Eclipse Ritual

Lunar-Eclipse-Candle-Ritual-Magick

To learn more about the Full Moon and Eclipse combo, check out the helpful guidance shared by Astrologer @Abs53 in this week’s Astrological Forecast

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, November 19th .

Please be aware that there will not be a Freebie Friday post this week as the wonderful Megan will be away that day. Please look forward to next week’s Freebie Friday instead! :blush:

For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Spell Swap Meet :sparkler:

Spells8 Spell Swap Meet Witchy Challenge

This challenge will close Tuesday, November 16th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Spell Swap Meet :sparkler:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Nov 5 - Dec 3)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, December 3rd .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@veronica6, @candela, @melody2, @desiree3, @kelly17, @jennifer67, @cynthia14, @billiejo, @yasmin1, @mercedes3, @kathleen4, @gabriela, @TheForkedCat, @kathy5, @cathy3, @RobinM, @joshua6, @ValentineMoonBabe, @kelly19, @emily33, @Tiana.FireFly, @shelbie, @christine13, @pankti, @anita1, @Evergreen, @candace5, @laura25, @kita, @daniele, @michael10, @tia4, @matthew3, @tabitha2, @michelle35, @megan20, @gabriela1, @stacey6, @heather37, @easton, @magdalene1, @nomcebo, @WisconsinWitch, @mary30, @barbara6, @nicole31, @aaron1, @robin8, @addilee, @lorrie, @amber33, @nikki7, @SPike3247, @jennifer68, @jeanna, @dominique3

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to @Garnet for writing the most posts this week! :writing_hand: Thank you so much for bringing lots of fun and creativity into the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Lots of love back to @Jessica72 for giving out the most hearts over the last seven days! :heart: Thanks for sharing your warm heart and kindness :blush:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Any plans for Hekate’s Night or the Leonids Meteors? :milky_way: And will you be casting for the Full Moon or taking a rest for the Eclipse? :black_circle:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :brown_heart: :full_moon_with_face:

14 Likes

Good morning @BryWisteria, I hope you have a great start to your week too! :hugs:

I have a separate reason for enjoying November 16, it’s my Mom’s birthday :two_hearts: I always keep her close by on this day. Growing up it was something we both enjoyed because our birthdays were close together & they started off her favorite time of year. :hugs:

I will cleanse & charge some things under the Full Moon :full_moon: but, due to unforeseen circumstances, I most likely will be resting after I get items out onto my porch. I’m not going to make any Moon Water :droplet: this time around because I still have some on my altar from the last Full Moon. Not a full container, but enough to get through.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week! :blush:

11 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!

This Monday has a refreshed feel to it, and my rune/tarot pull is confirming that as well (eihwaz and the chariot).
Yesterday was a beautiful day at the ocean, a bit chilly but beautiful.
20211114_155105

I’m excited for tomorrow to honor Hecate, and I’m not quite sure if I’ll work with the Full moon or relax with the partial lunar eclipse…
Decisions Decisions. :grin:
Congrats to @Garnet and @jessica72 :tada::tada:
May each of you have a Blessed week!

12 Likes

Ooh I forgot Leonids are around this time of year! :heart_eyes: Such a cosmically busy week for sure! Time to find out of there’s any magic specific to meteor showers :eyes:

9 Likes

Good morning! :sunny:

Things are improving at work! We’re waiting on the background checks of three hires. Some of the best news I’ve heard lately. With the holidays fast approaching, we can’t afford to be short staffed.

Not sure yet if I’ll have to work on Thanksgiving (with the pandemic raging on last year I had it off for the first time in 4 or 5 years) , but if I do, the shift will be very short (only 4 hours) and I get time and a half.

Still thinking about what to do for my first Hecate’s Night. I’ll have to click the link for ideas. Whenever I’m stressed at work, I’ll go outside when I have a break (and if it’s not too cold), find the moon and say Hecate’s Chant. It always relaxes me.

9 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all are having a good week. Congrats to @Garnet and @jessica72 for sharing their talents this week. You’re awesome, ladies.

I’m roasting some garlic for Hecate tomorrow and saying a prayer. Hopefully, that will be enough in Her honor. Sort of like incense and offering all in one. LOL.

I may have to be out of town the Full Moon, I won’t know till Wednesday, but if I do I’m going to do the Beaver Full Moon ritual on the day before. I’ve even got some Fiery Oil of Protection to use on my candle.

Mundanely, it looks like my leg is infected. Again. So I’ve got to see the doctor on Wednesday about getting IV antibiotics again. Sigh. Hopefully, this will be the last round I need. I was hoping to be healed by this time but it looks like it’ll be the first of the year or February at this rate. It’s frustrating.

That’s about what I’m doing this week. Hope everyone else’s week is going better. :hugs:

8 Likes

I am so sorry! I can’t believe I didn’t mention @Garnet & @jessica72! Congratulations ladies! Thank you for sharing with us! :partying_face:

8 Likes

@Rowan @Amethyst @Susurrus Thank you everyone :blush: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about your leg! Sending hugs and healing vibes your way. :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you @BrightBear. It’s just frustrating, you know.

9 Likes

@Amethyst I’m sorry to hear about your leg being infected. I’ll keep you in my morning candle ritual and I am sending healing light and positive energy your way! :blue_heart::candle:

8 Likes

It sounds like you had a lovely tradition together, @Susurrus- I’m wishing you all the best as your honor your mother today :heart: Hope your week is off to a great start too! :blush:

I feel relaxed just looking at those beautiful ocean pics, @Rowan- thanks for sharing them :ocean: Wishing you a blessed Night of Hekate, have a blessed time! :two_hearts:

You’re so right, @Velle- it is one busy time of year! I was surprised how much there was this week while I was typing up the news post haha. So much to do- may you have a blessed time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so happy to hear things are improving at your work, @Kasandra! :partying_face: Hopefully you’ll be able to take the day off, or at least get away with the short shift :pray: Wishing you a blessed Night of Hekate! :heart:

Sorry to hear about the leg infection, @Amethyst- is the same as it was before, or something new? Either way I hope it gets better asap! :pray: Wishing you a blessed Night of Hekate (enjoy that yummy and homey smell of roasted garlic! :garlic:) and hope your potential travels go well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Thank you :blush:, I have some time for myself planned today once everyone is awake or on their way to where they need to be. I’m not sure what I am going to do for her today :birthday: but I will think of something. Even if it is as simple as journaling :pen: for a little bit.

I hope everyone that Honors Hekate tonight has a good experience that assists their Highest Good :star2: Does anyone use prayer beads for when they Honor Her? :thinking: I’m curious about them in general & their uses as related to deities.

@Amethyst I will keep you in my thoughts & daily candles :candle: for healing. I have been there with seemingly neverending medical concerns that seem to have no resolution. I hope they listen to what you are saying about your body & come up with a better plan to help you heal. :hugs: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you so much @Rowan! I appreciate the energy coming my way! :hugs:

Same thing different day. I hope to get a good antibiotic tomorrow.

Thank you so much @Susurrus! If they’d only listened to me a couple of weeks ago, it could have been nipped into the bud by now. Sigh. It’s getting there, just slowly as heck.

10 Likes

@Amethyst sorry to hear about your leg. I lit a candle for you and will send some healing energy your way.

8 Likes

Thank you so much @crystal24, I appreciate it!

7 Likes

Congratulations to @Garnet @jessica72 :hugs:

Good Afternoon, it’s been a crazy last few days. Extreme rain at the Coast (Vancouver BC) and with heavy winds with rain here at home. Today is much drier with only one shower of pebble snow ( not quite hail and not quite a rain). Earlier, the first week in November the Vancouver area has a tornado that started out in the ocean worked its way to land, and then back out to the ocean. I understand that Seattle got some of the same weather, rain, winds that Vancouver BC got, with lots of flooding.
Take Care everyone
Blessed Be :sparkles:

7 Likes

@debra2 Thank you xxx

5 Likes

Amethyst sending you some extra love hope things look your way! :bouquet:
I am looking forward to spending some time at the crossroads today with Hecate!
Hi Travel Witch, Siofra, Jessica, crystal,Debra, Rowanand May you all feel the shaman in you tonight! I hope you all have a great week and feel a blessing!
Blessed be
Jeannie

8 Likes