Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 7 - 13 đź”´

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Blood Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Full-Beaver-Moon-Spell-Witch-Magic

→ Tuesday, November 8

This week, the skies will flourish with the beauty of a Full Moon- the moon of November is called the Full Beaver Moon :beaver:. The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Beaver Moon Ritual Page . The ritual draws on the energy of this moon that is associated with hard-work, family, home, teamwork, and achievements. This is an excellent time for taking casting a spell of self-discipline and success :sparkles:

Blood-Moon-Witches-Ritual

As this full moon is also a lunar eclipse (see below for more details on the eclipse!) it is also called a Blood Moon :red_circle:. You might consider channeling the energy of the season with this special Blood Moon Ritual to connect with your ancestors :headstone:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Lunar Eclipse :black_circle: ] ]

Lunar-Eclipse-Candle-Ritual-Magick

→ Tuesday, November 8

This week’s Full Moon is extra special as it is also a Lunar Eclipse! :black_circle: Eclipses open special opportunities and unique energy that a witch may use in their practice. Check out the Lunar Eclipse Guide for ideas and spellwork suggestions.

You can also check out @Susurrus’s excellent post Blood Moon Eclipse in Taurus :taurus: for more information about this special eclipse occasion :full_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Image

→ Thursday, November 10

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

→ Friday, November 11 at 8:00 AM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the first of two live healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle housed in the Energy Exchange Category , please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: November 2022

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

→ Friday, November 11

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Meteor Shower :comet: ] ]

The Leonids Meteor Shower is currently ongoing- it is a relatively easy-to-spot meteor shower that occurs yearly in November. It became active last week and will reach its peak on Friday, November 18th. After the peak, it will continue until early December.

Picture from Space .com: Leonid Meteor Shower 2022

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Runes & Runic Magick :fehu:

Runes Runic Magick Challenge Spells8

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, November 8 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, November 18 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXI - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, November 30 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, November 30.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members!

Fun in the Forum MMM

Here are a few engaging discussions active within the last week where participation is warmly encouraged.

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@saffron1 - @donna9 - @emilija - @ginger2 - @nicole54 - @kandy1 - @andria2 - @jill7 - @chantal1 - @florian - @brandy17 - @abigail12 - @brooke9 - @joni2 - @tammie6 - @roberta4 - @krystal-leigh - @grovena - @vivvi - @kayleigh3 - @brianna10 - @phantom - @kaitlyn13 - @carrie10 - @lena2 - @susan17 - @samantha84 - @ruby4 - @natasha20 - @syd - @toie- @angela46 - @casie - @christy14 - @cassie7 - @shelly7 - @orinta - @adebola - @heather78 - @ronietha - @kimberly68 - @jennifer123 - @whitney6 - @eugena - @charlene5 - @amanda90 - @bri3 - @john12 - @william8 - @sarah82 - @antoinette - @tiffanie40 - @nadia12 - @deitra- @ashley83 - @christian7 - @wanda3 - @amber68 - @Katie-Kat92 - @deitra1 - @crystal56 - @taylor32 - @rachel48 - @scott1 - @resa - @majora - @shauna7 - @brittany54 - @johnna - @ItsOleRango - @laura44 - @david14 - @theresa12 - @dana9 - @sirenity - @jasmine16 - @lizbeth1 - @allison12 - @cherish1 - @hannah37 - @britney1 - @tanya16 - @kimberly69 - brittney8 - @ivy4 - @keithin2 - @rebecca39 - @marie20 - @wanda4 - @nicole55 - @chasity8 - @LexiHex - @pennie - @elizabeth47 - @wayne1 - @eileen2 - @steph2 - @jeremy3 - @nina2 - @denise10 - @kristi4 - @moonchild72 - @Evie - @maggie8 - @lisa65 - @danielle14 - @leah1 - @Assyla555 - @autumn16 - @kristen21 - @kellie - @rebecca40 - @kristy8 - @bethany11 - @LibraPriestess - @chamoni - @eryn1 - @mark6 - @emily48 - @colleen4 - @k1a9r9i0 - @desiree - @jd1 - @joshua14 - @BreezyBree167 - @reva - @ChasingFireflies

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @Mistress_Of_Herbs - for sharing the most posts and giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

Every month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members consistently, day after day over the course of the entire month receives a Community Shout-Out. There are no limits to how many users can receive this shout-out each month.

For October, 2022:

• @Marsha - for writing Zodiac-enhanced messages on birthdays and for welcoming all new members in their introductory posts

• @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

Note : Those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Are you planning anything for the Full Blood Moon and Lunar Eclipse? :red_circle: Will you try to catch sight of the Meteor Showers this month? :comet:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :red_circle: :sparkles:

15 Likes

The Community badge is an impressive badge to earn any month, but the month of October was on fire in terms of new members and introduction posts- we were blessed with an extraordinarily busy month!

Yet despite the abundance of introduction posts, I saw a warm greeting message from @Marsha and @Amethyst in every single introduction post I checked for the entire month of October :fire:

Just want to give an extra round of applause to you too- that was a heroic feat!!! :clap::heart:

clap-cat
Gif from Tenor

Wishing you all a very blessed week! :sparkles:

11 Likes

Yay to @Mistress_Of_Herbs! You’ve added much to the forum since you got here! You go, girl!

And thank you, Bry, for mentioning me! There were a lot of new people and I hope they all stay! It’s nice to meet new people!

I’m off to my regular doctor’s appointment and when I come home I’ll figure out what I’ll be doing for the Full Moon tomorrow. I’ve also been a bad girl and haven’t started my book club book, got to get on that.

Possible apartment inspection on Wednesday but Sally went on a cleaning fit for me Friday so I’m pretty much ready for it. They haven’t given out any notices, I’ve heard it by word of mouth so they might not be coming into the apartments just into the halls. We’ll see.

Other than that, not much going on for me this week. I hope you all have a lovely Monday and a great Full Moon!

Oh, and @MeganB? First! LOL!

9 Likes

Every shout-out that goes your way is well-deserved, Amethyst- you’re a big beacon of light and blessings and the coven is so lucky to have you here! :sun_with_face: :two_hearts:

Full Moon, Beaver Moon, Blood Moon, Taurus Moon, Lunar Eclipse- there are so many angles and ways to work with this moon it’s enough to make a witch’s head spin! :crazy_face: I’m sure you’ll find a lovely way to celebrate- wishing you all the best with your spellwork, appointment, reading, and the potential apartment check too. You’ve got all this, Amethyst! Cheering for you! :partying_face:

:joy:

I love this little competition- and I apologize that the MMM is written up and launched at somewhat different hours each week! :bowing_woman: I usually do a full check of the forum first and then put it all together.

Although perhaps the mystery adds some suspense? Lol!

Thank you, Amethyst- wishing the same to you! Have a blessed week! :full_moon: :sparkles:

9 Likes

@Amethyst and @marsha yall ROCK, i tried to keep up with u two, but i just couldnt. I dont know how u ladies do it. We are soooooooo blessed to have u wonderful ladies. Lots of love and hugs to u both

8 Likes

@BryWisteria we cant forget to give u a shout out too Bry. U my dear are a beacon of hope and love no matter the subject matter. I hope u know loved and treasured you are.

Super BIG hugs to u today.

9 Likes

Merry Meet Monday, and Congrats to @Amethyst @Marsha and @Mistress_Of_Herbs.
My handfasting ceremony went beautifully, it was a little hotter than earlier predicted but I couldn’t have asked for a more in sync day.
We also went camping for a our “Sweetie-Moon” just the two of us, by the ocean, dancing in the moonlight under the stars and by the waves.
Although not much planned for this week, I thought I’d share some pictures of our ceremony.

Apologies for so many pics…lol.

Have a blessed week Witches!
Rowan

14 Likes

@Rowan those are beautiful pictures! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Congratulations @Mistress_Of_Herbs, @Amethyst, and @marsha! Ya’ll are a true blessing to all of us!

7 Likes

@Rowan was that at Folly?

7 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs, @Amethyst and @marsha I appreciate everything you guys do here in the forum and coven - I learn so much and feel so grateful for your posts and friendships.

@Rowan Congratulations on your hand fasting and I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Love the pics!

:purple_heart:

9 Likes

Oh @Rowan your ceremony was beautiful! It brought tears of joy, happiness and a little bit of envy :green_heart:

Super Congratulations to you and your other half. May you always be blessed, happy, and in love with each other :heart: :heart: :heart:

:butterfly:

7 Likes

@Rowan Congratulations! :clinking_glasses: Your pictures are beautiful, thank you :pray: for sharing your special day with us. Wishing you many blessings!

I agree with you Christeena! @BryWisteria you are a beacon of hope and love!
:pray: Thank you so much for taking such good care of all of us! :heart:

Congrats :partying_face: @Mistress_Of_Herbs Thank you for sharing your Wisdom :writing_hand: and Love :heart: with us.

:rofl: I’m so glad I didn’t miss anyone!

Congrats :partying_face: to you dear @Amethyst Thank you for welcoming all the new members! You are Awesome!

@Rowan & @Ostara & @jan_TheGreenWitch

Thank you :pray: for all the good wishes! :heart:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Congratulations to @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @marsha and @Amethyst :partying_face: :tada:

Girl, everyone beat me today. I had a late start! :laughing: I hope your doctor’s appointment went well and that Fred and George are on their way out! :crossed_fingers:

haha I do too! I’ll be first next week :triumph: :laughing:

How exciting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m so glad it went well!

9 Likes

No, it was at Isle of Palms. :grin:

5 Likes

I think so! LOL! It all depends on what’s going on for everyone, I suppose!

Aww, thank you, sweetie! Thank you to everyone who gave me a shout-out! As I said, it’s fun to welcome new people!

@Rowan your pictures are amazing! Best wishes for your handfasting!

Glad you made it at least. I hate it when I get a late start! Fred is almost gone and George is on his way! Here’s hoping that by the new year they’ll have moved along.

8 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch anything for u my sister.

6 Likes

Beautiful!!! i wish you both the best :heart: :blush:

6 Likes

Congrats! keep up the great effort :blush:

6 Likes