Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Sep 26 - Oct 2 🍂

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Mabon Version

→ Thursday, September 29

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

→ Friday, September 30

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Waxing Moon :waxing_crescent_moon: ] ]

While there is no major moon phase occurring this week, the moon will grow in the sky as a beautiful Waxing Moon over the coming days :waxing_crescent_moon:

Spiritually, the symbolism of the Waxing Moon is associated with fertility, growth and abundace. It represents gratitude and the patience it will take to become a Full Moon. Use this energy for personal growth and opening doors. It’s a great time to make wishes and for self-development such as a inviting prosperity or to make a ritual for finding a new job.

From Spells8: Waxing Moon Magick Guide

For more information about this moon phase, as well as spellwork and rituals perfect for the current energies in the air, check out the full Waxing Moon Magick Guide:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Early next week, you can look forward to a First Quarter Moon on Monday, October 3rd :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Conditional Magick :white_check_mark:

Conditional Magick Circumstances Challenge Spells8

This challenge will close on Tuesday, September 27th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 14th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XX - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle (hosted in Energy Exchange) is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Friday, September 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Friday, September 30th.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion (hosted in A Sacred Space) remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@tyreek - @jennie1 - @dakota1 - @joanne4 - @michele15 - @jill6 - @fancy - @rainey - @megan35 - @nichole11 - @irma3 - @meggan - @danielle7 - @candace9 - @sude - @norlina - @brittany48 - @crystal52 - @david12 - @donyell1 - @taylor27 - @leticia2 - @shannon7 - @samantha77 - @jerrica1 - @jody3 - @caitlin8 - @ytzayana - @rebecca33 - @jessica120 - @lucie - @samantha78 - @t11 - @tara23 - @taylor28 - @brittany49 - @brittany50 - @benis - @kara10 - @hannah36 - @markus - @melisa3 - @Jojo - @tionna - @tyler7 - @katie20 - @julie28 - @erika9 - @sierra13 - @jenna13 - @megghan - @april29 - @tamera1 - @keyota - @lovely - @melissa54 - @kandee - @leah - @celeste4 - @rachel44 - @nicole49 - @christina48 - @elysia - @sarah11 - @rebecca34 - @sade - @amanda0703 - @shelly5 - @kierstyn - @elena6 - @candise - @kara11 - @charlotte14 - @jaye - @tabitha9 - @wishiestarz - @MySoulsPurpose - @crystal53 - @leann5 - @felicia8 - @harumi - @sue2 - @taylor29 - @clare - @momatlib - @genevieve2 - @karen21 - @savannah10

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @Marsha - for giving out the most hearts and sharing the most posts over the past week :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

We are entering October this week- who is excited for the official start of “spooky season”!?! :partying_face: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings, welcome new coven members, and/or give a shout-out to your forum family in the comments below.

Blessed be! :fallen_leaf: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Happy Monday everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

hehe I beat @Amethyst to posting this time!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week. Depending on Hurricane Ian I will be in the forum today and tomorrow. If I disappear for a few days it’s because the power went out :laughing: We’re all prepped and ready to go if we need to. Our current plan is to shelter in place unless Ian goes to a Category 4 when it hits us – it’s quite literally headed right for us at this point – and if it gets stronger we will evacuate.

I’ll be performing some protection magic and calling on my spirits to help me. That’ll be happening today and tomorrow, most likely, but my to-do list before tomorrow night just keeps getting longer and longer!

10 Likes

I mean at this time for me anyway… I think I’ll be celebrating each of these :laughing:

Welcome to the new members, I hope you each find some good information & enjoy the site & forum!

Thank you for all that you do within the coven for each of us. Again, thank you for Tending the Flame & all the things you have done when one of us hasn’t been able to post on a thread or the birthday posts. You certainly do a lot for all of us & it is greatly appreciated. It hasn’t gone unnoticed at all! :revolving_hearts: :infinite_roots:

@MeganB I beat @Amethyst too! I hope she’s okay, maybe she had an early appointment or actually slept in :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I should be pretty back to normal this week, just not in as early for right now. My mornings are a bit busy until close to 8/8:30 AM. Working out new schedules & finding balance is going, slowly, but still going.

I believe I have 2 appointments this week. One on Wednesday & one on Friday. Both definitely needed, but I’m thankful for my family/friends & coping toolbox I have acquired. I’m feeling much better now.

Ooo… I already had the Morrigan bookmark from Hecates Boutique on Etsy, then I found… handmade Brigid beads… honestly… I can’t remember the name of the shop that makes them for you… but well worth it. I love them just as much as my bookmark. :heart_eyes:

Then!!! A mutual friend had asked me to talk to our friend that has severe debilitating chronic migraines & back issues but was out of options & couldn’t time off work to take care of herself. So I went into the store & went to her line to talk to her & buy a couple of little things. (they don’t like the cashiers socializing after the sale is complete they are honestly more concerned with how fast the debit/credit card transactions are going through & the time between that & the next customer)

I found out she lives about 3 streets down from me in my neighborhood. She & her husband both know my husband. AND she’s a witch that works with the Egyptian pantheon & her main deity is Bast. What?!?! I was so excited to find out that she is a witch too!

Anyway, I helped her with some information on some things about migraines & the doctors I see for primary care & neurology & the program through one of my treatments that will actually reimburse you for having the treatment done. Then I found out… she feels the same way about doctors & medications that I do! So I was happy :hugs: that our mutual friend brought us closer together than just in passing at the store & even more than before & we got to know a little bit more about each other over the weekend & our puppers & husbands & it was a really good weekend in a few respects… that being one of them.

12 Likes

Congratulations @marsha! You do such an awesome job here on the forum, with birthdays and welcomes and everything else. Thank you!

Here I am! I got busy being all celebratory over testing negative for Covid this morning! I had a few phone calls to make too, to get everything situated for tomorrow when Sally will be back! I’ve missed her! LOL!

@MeganB I’ll be sending you and everyone else in Florida some good vibes. I’m glad you have a plan. Be careful!

Good luck with your appointments! I have one myself on Wednesday. Going to get my head medicine prescribed. And I’m glad you made a new friend!

Y’all, I tested negative this morning and I am so glad! I’ve got to disinfect the apartment now to keep Sally from catching anything from my leftover cooties. Other than that, and my doctor’s appointment I’ve not got a lot going on this week.

I’ve already decorated for Halloween, a very sweet friend sent me some get-well gifts that included some wooden figures of Halloween things, which was lovely of her. I’m ready for October to commence! LOL!

Hope you all are having a good week!

10 Likes

Yay! Congratulations! :partying_face: :tada: Happy day for negative tests :laughing: I’m glad you’re starting to feel better though and that Sally can come back!

Thank you :pray: I sure do appreciate it!

9 Likes

Happy Monday everyone!!

Congrats @marsha! Thank you for all the love and wisdom you bring to the forum.

@MeganB I hope you don’t get it too bad from Ian, but I will keep you in my thoughts. It looks like they are protecting it to drop to a Cat 1 before making landfall in Flordia. Although I can speak from experience with Harvey that just because it’s not a major hurricane, it can still do a lot of damage. Harvey stalled over Houston for almost an entire week, and we received 50 inches of rain!! Massive flooding and damage everywhere.

@Susurrus I hope your appointments go well. How exciting that you met a new witchy friend who lives so close! As a fellow migraine sufferer, it is also exciting that you have someone that you can discuss it with that understands. It makes a huge difference!

@Amethyst Yay for testing Negative!!! Have fun with your friend!

I don’t have much going on this week besides work. I have two big clients that require about 30-40 hours each. It will be tiring, but the paycheck will be nice!

I also learned that the company I currently contract with will split into two, with each owner heading in a different direction. We can still contract with either one; the only real change will be where we log our time. I work more closely with one of the owners and will likely stay with her company.

My hubby is doing great in learning what I do. I feel he will be ready before the two-month mark! It would be nice having two paychecks back headed into the holidays.

I will definitely celebrate Ancestor Appreciation day tomorrow and International Coffee Day on Saturday!! I have been needing to update my Ancestor altar, so tomorrow will be the perfect time to do so.

I hope everyone has a great week.

PS - I can not wait until Saturday. I promised the Hubs I wouldn’t decorate until the 1st since I hate Christmas creeping into other months.

8 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you for the Shout-Out :loudspeaker: You are amazing and I appreciate you. Thank you so much for all you do for us!

@MeganB I am placing a big bubble :bubbles: of protection around you and your family (with your permission of course)!

@Susurrus Thank you, I really appreciate the information you share with us! I enjoyed doing the Brigid :triquetra: posts, I miss doing them already!

@Amethyst Thank you so much! Congrats to you on your negative test. :partying_face:

@Amaris_Bane Thanks so much for all the nice things you said about me! :hugs:

P.S. - And should I congratulate @MeganB & @Susurrus for posting before @Amethyst :thinking: Thank you for putting a big smile on my face :rofl: ladies :heart:

7 Likes

Even if I do it, you can still do one the same day! Its for everyone to join, not just me :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Happy Monday Everyone!! :mega: :partying_face:

I hope everyone has a great start to their week today! I’m at work right now, I can’t really complain when I’m able to get on here and get caught up! :laughing: But, it’s pretty slow tonight and I figured why not check out what’s new this week. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I can’t wait for Saturday = OCTOBER! :orange_heart: I’m so excited. My house is already decorated :heart_eyes: :rofl:. My son has been getting his Halloween Costume supplies since August LOL. My boyfriend and I have our four year anniversary Oct. 1st also!!! I love October, so I’m looking forward to another spooky season!!! :jack_o_lantern:

Blessed Be Everyone! :heart: :heart:

9 Likes

Me too! Although the apartment is going to smell of bleach and Lysol tomorrow. Sally hasn’t had covid yet and doesn’t want to get any cooties from me.

Thanks, dear heart! We usually sit around talking for the first hour or so she’s here! LOL!

Have fun decorating Saturday! My Mom always made me wait till the Fall Equinox to decorate for Halloween. LOL!

Thanks, hon!

I will take back my title of being the earliest poster next week! LOL!

Ooh, what’s he gonna be? And happy anniversary!

6 Likes

@Amethyst he keeps changing it. :laughing: but it’s a historical war soldier basically. He’s very into history and geography, his heritage, and the histories of multiple wars. So this is very fitting for him. :rofl: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

@MeganB Noraml to-do lists can be scary, I can’t even imagine a pre-hurricane to-do list! :scream: But if anyone can tackle it, it’s you, Megan- you’ve got this! :raised_hands: Stay safe! :heart:

@Susurrus Everything aligned so well with that- hooray for finding a new witch friend! :grinning: :sparkles:

@Amethyst Congrats on being covid-free, Amethyst! :partying_face: Sweep out any lingering cooties and welcome in spooky season feeling well and refreshed- it’s definitely a time to celebrate! :heart::blush:

@Amaris_Bane Good luck with the projects- it sounds like it’s going to be a very busy week for you! I think your celebration of international coffee day will be very well-deserved, treat yourself to a good cuppa (or two, or three!) :coffee: :smile: And happy celebrating on October 1st- it’s almost here! :jack_o_lantern:

@Marsha You are so kind, Marsha- the shout-out is very well deserved! Thank you so much for all you do for the coven :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :infinite_roots:

@Janae_Rochele Happy four-year anniversary, that is an exciting occasion! :raised_hands: Have fun celebrating your anniversary and the start of spooky season- it’s coming up fast! :jack_o_lantern: :blush:

7 Likes

I am glad to hear you found another like us! I have a couple witchy friends but I could use some more!
Happy Monday you all so glad that Fall is finally here! I went to the dollar tree today I made a really wreath for my palace! It’s got a nature vibe and I love being a witch Especially around this time of the year. All the stores have my vibe in there!
It was my birthday :partying_face: I am now forty one and that’s still young to me!
I went to a two festivals this year and this was the second time my whole life!
I am so glad I came to paganism and happy in my shoes :high_heel: red shoes! So glad :smiley: This is not just a phase! I find myself doing ritual and has become ritual!
I wanted to send you all some extra love :heart: I hope you all are doing well!
I am looking forward to meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: this is something I really need to get down! I am just checking inn with all of you! Love :heart:
Jeannie

8 Likes

Happy birthday to you, Jeannie- I hope you had a wonderful time on your special day! :birthday::heart::blush:

It sounds like things are going well for you, I’m so happy! I bet you had a blast at the festival and I hope you continue to enjoy your meditations. They can be tricky at times, but I know you’ve got this! Blessed meditating :person_in_lotus_position: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Update to the MMM:

The group ritual for this week is now live in the forum! For more details and to read the full ritual, please visit the post by clicking on the picture/link below:

9-29-22 Ivy Month Banishment Ritual

(Group Ritual - Sep 26) :black_heart: Ivy Banishing Ritual

This simple banishing spell draws on the nature of Ivy, the namesake plant of this Celtic month, to cast out negativity and weave a strong wall of protection in its place. Join us as we tear down any old negativity that has been clinging to you and allow a strong and tightly-woven wall of protection to rise up in its place- it’s time to welcome in the witchy season! :woman_mage: :sparkles:

Blessed be! :black_heart: :herb:

8 Likes

Well he still has plenty of time to change his mind. Sounds like it’ll be a great costume though!

Thanks love! I don’t know how much cleaning we’ll get done today, we’ve got two weeks of gossip to catch up on! LOL!

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one, my dear!

8 Likes

Absolutely celebrate a negative Covid Test @Amethyst! Awesome news!

@BryWisteria we actually got to go for a walk around our neighborhood & talked for a couple hours at her house. I’ve actually known her for years because she works at a place I go to at least once a day… so it was a happy surprise that she lives so close to me! We get along great & I can also help her with getting treatment for her severe chronic migraines… so I was helping her with where to go & insurance & savings programs for different treatments. Plus I gave her the recipe from @Mistress_Of_Herbs for migraines too. She gets them bad & has a bad back (she was in 2 car accidents in close amounts of time, so has some back & neck stuff that adds to her migraines)

I also found out that my husband already knew her husband & had no idea that she was his wife. My husband also knows her from the same place :joy: I was like… how has this never come up in all the times I’ve been to see her :rofl:

Happy Birthday :birthday: @Jeannie1 I hope it was a great day! 41 is a good age… I won’t say how I know that :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

@Amethyst yaaaaaayyy for negative covid test

5 Likes

@Jeannie1 happy belated birthday hon. Hope it was great. 41 is an awesome age. Im 42. Its just keeps gettinf better

7 Likes