Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! March 8 🌼

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Here’s a peek at events and forum news this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, March 11th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, March 12th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in a previous week’s post.

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Saturday, March 13th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:!

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Next Saturday, March 20th marks the special Sabbat Ostara :rabbit: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

How-to-Celebrate-Ostara-Alone-750x500

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate Mabon :fallen_leaf:

Mabon-Celebration-Ritual-Solitary-750x500

More information on these exciting holidays will come in next week’s Merry Meet Monday- you can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Star Magick :star2:

This challenge will close Tuesday, March 9th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Star Magick :star:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :8ball: Let’s Catch Up

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, March 17th!

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club V (Feb 26 - Mar 26)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 26th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@nicole24, @grace4, @anastasija, @diana4, @gordon, @abgela, @tina5, @gjizelle, @cheyenne1, @anna9, @diamonds, @wellie, @hope2, @michele3, @max, @heather26, @crystal19, @macky, @kat4, @katie7, @andreanne, @ashley27, @bryan, @ana7, @Brooklynsfinest86, @Karieal, @annmarie1, @MsKittie, @terri-anne, @MrJPeck, @angela19, @michelle25, @Mark01, @madison7, @mara1, @kimberly28, @melinda2, @oindrilla, @angela20, @meoshia, @aryin, @spells8, @megan10, @sandra5, @natasha10, @sarah-jo, @harriett, @Enrika, @katie8, @nicholas4, @vanessa5, @gina2

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• A round of applause to @Susurrus for writing the most posts and spreading the most hearts- going for two weeks in a row! :heart: :writing_hand: Your warm kindness and exciting creativity are always a pleasure to see- thank you for being awesome! :partying_face:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Do you have any fun plans for the week ahead- magickal or mundane? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

May you find your magick growing with the seeds of the season, spreading light and joy through the days!

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Kudos to @Susurrus :partying_face::relaxed::pray::butterfly::+1:
But there’s no way (tomorrow) that I’m celebrating panic day!!! :scream: I already deal with it. I’m good lol

8 Likes

I also have enough panic on my own, so no need to celebrate that day! I’m with @christina4 on that one.

Thank you! It’s great to feel reconnected to my craft & speak with others each day that have a similar path. The exchange of ideas & the learning opportunities is wonderful in the coven.

I hope the poll for the coven name goes well, I’m also looking forward to the possibility of the coven symbol! I like @Magdelina’s idea to print them on sticker paper & have them unite us all.

This week I have a couple of appointments for OT & PT. The KT Tape on my wrist/thumb is really helping alleviate the issues in my hand. I wear it with a splint. Then I will only have to wear the solid brace when I have severe pain. I’m also helping out a friend & bringing her son to football practice while she is at work this week. Other than that, I am going to work on my room & living room. I am also going to work on some more resin & try crystal wrapping some of the ones I have in my possession before buying more right now. Not that I wouldn’t want to buy more, my wallet just disagrees.

I hope everyone has a great week. Mine started out great with coffee & my daughter making the bus on time!

7 Likes

Oh my gosh! It’s national panic day tomorrow and I didn’t know! I don’t have anything ready for it! EEEP.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So sorry people, I couldn’t help myself but celebrate a day early.

Massive amount of love to @Susurrus for her accomplishments this week! Way to go love! Sounds like you have a busy week planned too, don’t wear out your KT tape.

As for me, I have another apartment inspection this Friday so I’m getting ready for that. It’s much easier with Sally, my helper. Still, I bought a new shower curtain set for the bathroom to make it look nice. I was waiting till they finished the sheetrocking in my bathroom but that’s going to take a couple more weeks so I think I’ll put them up before the inspection.

Other than that, not much going on. I have a week with no doctor appointments, yay! Things are going well, I hope they are for everyone else too!

5 Likes

Congratulations on no appointments @Amethyst! I know that feeling too! It’s always such a relief to me, like a mini staycation. I do have to do fasting bloodwork this week. So I really need to sleep a little later & not have a coffee before I go. Then I can grab one from Dunks on my way home.

I’m sure you will find something appropriate to celebrate!

I hope they finish your bathroom soon & the inspection goes well. I have a candle lit for positive energy for the coven, so hopefully it sends some your way!

4 Likes

Thank you sweetie, I appreciate your candle work! Good luck with the fasting blood work this week!

5 Likes

It always takes me forever to get this done because the first thing I do after my feet hit the floor is find my way to the coffee maker for the first cup. I do that before anything else, so it’s just retraining myself for a day… easier said than done for me. :rofl:

4 Likes

As always, thank you for the news. :slight_smile:

I feel that it’s going to be a good week.

7 Likes

I got the image from FB & the names & pages are shown. They are public posts!

I feel like the entire coven should see this one! :rofl:

5 Likes

Will you be okay to drive without your go juice? LOL. And nice Facebook post below, that’s funny!

3 Likes

I know the feeling @Christina4, @Susurrus, and @Amethyst :sweat_smile: Here’s to hoping that Panic Day is completely panic-less for everyone! :grin::+1:

Best of luck to @Susurrus with the appointments- I hope things go well and that you have fun crafting! :sparkles: And cheers to that- so long, Mercury Retrograde :clinking_glasses: :joy:

Wishing good luck to @Amethyst as well with the Friday inspection- thank goodness for Sally! Hopefully the construction and inspections will finish soon and you can relax in peace :person_in_lotus_position: :two_hearts:

You’re very welcome, @colin- may your hunch prove correct! Enjoy a good week :blush:

4 Likes

Congrats on the shout out, Krissie!

Kasie, it will be wonderful when they are finally done invading your space. :slight_smile: Wishing you all the best this week.

After a fun weekend with a party at my best friend’s house, I was taking it easy yesterday. This week I am looking forward to the Group Ritual. Oh, my first tattoo is on Saturday!

3 Likes

That would be nice! The sheet rock person keeps on saying he’ll be here the next day and then taking off for two weeks. It’s getting annoying. Thanks for the good wishes, love! Hope your week turns out well!

Thank you, kind sir! Saturday I can be as big of a slob as I want to. LOL.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone! I’m really doing well with the wrapping & the resin. I just learned how to use more than one color! Woo hoo! I did miss 1 appointment this week, but I have another on Thursday with her, so I will let her know that it was my error. I thought it was today & it was yesterday.

Today, Tuesday (panic day) was a bit of a rough whirlwind. I woke up late, my daughter missed the bus, I had to race to get her to school by 8:15AM to get back to my house at 8:30AM for my Celtic Cross Tarot reading on Zoom. Then the rest is just a blur. I had some bouts of anxiety that were pretty bad, but once I got to sit & focus on learning how to do the 2 colors with the resin crafts, I started feeling better. I would still like to do a meditation of some kind tonight before I go to bed. though.

3 Likes

Congrats on the upcoming tattoo, @praecog29- I am so excited for you! :star_struck:

Yikes, @Amethyst- that’s not nice of him to keep changing the date on you. It sounds like the sheet rock guy needs to get his sheet together! :joy: Hoping it all goes well, and thanks- same to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It sounds like you celebrated panic day @Susurrus- but at least there were some highlights that hopefully balanced the anxiety! I hope you had fun with your crafts and had a soothing meditation :relaxed:

3 Likes

Sorry Tuesday was such a mess for you. Just keep in mind that you’ve had your crap day for the week already, so the rest of the days has to be good! LOL.

3 Likes

@Amethyst I love that outlook… I’m going to make it my mantra for the rest of the week.

3 Likes

Yeppers, only one crap day a week allowed. LOL.

3 Likes

Ah… I wish I knew that was a thing prior to now! It would have made so many weeks that much easier. :rofl: :laughing:

3 Likes

:ice_cream: :cupcake: :peanuts: Happy Birthday :peanuts: :cupcake: :ice_cream:

3 Likes