Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 11 - 17 🌕

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about exciting events in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s what happening this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, April 14th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Magick Meditation Ritual Ostara Version

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 15th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

This week, the night skies will be blessed with a full moon on Saturday, April 16th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Pink-Moon-Ritual-April-360x240

The full moon of April is called the Full Pink Moon :tulip:. The pink moon marks a time when the woods are becoming bright and colorful, blooming with the blessings of the spring. This moon marks a time of playfulness and joy in the world.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Pink Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Candle Magick: Light 'Em Up :diya_lamp:

Witch Challenge Candle Flame Magick

This challenge will close on Tuesday, April 12th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Candle Magick :diya_lamp:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVI (Mar 25 - Apr 22)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, April 22nd .

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread:

:memo: Spells8 Book Club XV - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Saturday, April 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@Trese, @kataquarius, @codie1, @jenny7, @anthony2, @kat8, @cheyenne3, @lawrence, @cierra1, @martha1, @lindsay3, @RedRaven42, @angelika2, @nichol, @kyler, @MissMeghanAnn, @nichole4, @katy4, @linda10, @BeccaAnn, @Eve, @angel20, @ashley55, @tara14, @giselle, @teresa8, @Wallingurl, @kris1, @christina36, @jacqueline9, @crystal36, @deborah15, @ricky1, @skyla1, @celeste2, @yogi, @brittney2, @skyla2, @brittany38, @kristine6, @megan24, @shelby, @demi1, @rhaye, @desiree4, @carla6, @crystalin, @krystal7, @daniela1, @leo2gm, @kayla, @kate5, @bailey3, @keithin, @phaedra, @aleece, @jenn, @ernest2, @kristen14, @angel21, @emma23, @christina37, @stephanie47, @shyla, @rebecca26, @jsuzanne, @abigail9, @keisha, @parth, @alyssa12, @anna19, @starlyn, @nadia8, @freyja, @jillian6, @maryann2, @kristen15, @crystal37, @amy56, @giani, @BabayagaDiane, @hannah26, @AileyGrey, @kathryn18, @adrienne3, @rachel30, @sarah54, @danielle27, @hope4, @krista7, @jessica96,

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Nikita-mikaelson- for sharing the most posts, on a two week streak! :writing_hand:

• @Rachel21- for giving out the most hearts, on a two week streak! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Full Moon alert this week! :partying_face: Cleansing, casting, or something else- what magick are you planning to do under the light of the full moon? :tulip:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :full_moon::sparkles:

15 Likes

Congratulations @Nikita-mikaelson & @rachel21 great job ladies & as always thank you for sharing within the coven :infinite_roots:

I have to make up a timesheet/log type of something & I have my follow-up appointment with my surgeon for hand on Wednesday. Thursday I have an appointment in the AM with my therapist. Other than that, this Friday my daughter is off from school through next week & goes back April 25. So I think we are going to have to come up with some things to do for those days. I’m sure she is already trying to make plans. :joy:

I didn’t sleep really, I have been up since 3 AM. I’m not even sure that I took my bedtime medicine last night because I couldn’t sleep for more than an hour at a time & after the third time, I just stayed up & puttered around the main house. My trusty pup :paw_prints: Moonshine was out there with me for a little while & got a drink & went out. Then he went back to bed when he realized that I was just cleaning up & making lunches for the guys. :rofl:

Once my sons & daughter are off to where they need to be, I will be doing my thing & resetting before I take on anything else today. Which may require a nap based on the time of day I started moving around & doing things wide awake so early. Honestly, my anxiety has been a nudge since before I went to bed last night. So I’m looking forward to the reset once everyone has gone for the day. :woman_in_lotus_position:

I’m also going to finish up my Weekly Challenge & post the entry. It’s easier to do these things when the family isn’t in & out of the house all the time. I can set up & do my thing in my own time. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!
Mondays now are my Fridays, with Tim’s new promotion our
work week begins on Friday ends on Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are our weekends. Which is nice for beach days, it’s less crowded. :smiley:
My new runes should be here today, I’m excited to see them.
I’m dealing with a situation regarding my handfasting rope that I ordered on Etsy, The seller shipped it March 3 from the UK (Cornwall), she told me I should have received it already, as most of her buyers from the US have stated they received their items within two weeks. I still don’t have it, which sucks because I had requested her to make it on the new moon in February. At the time I was unaware that I could have requested tracking, disappointed that it was not mentioned to me, but she is going to remake my rope and I requested tracking this time. She asked yesterday if I would like for her to make it on the night of the Full/Pink moon, of course I said yes…lol.
Have a Blessed Week :infinite_roots:
Rowan

12 Likes

Happy Monday y’all!

And happy happy, joy joy to @Nikita-mikaelson and @rachel21 for sharing the love of the forum! You are awesome!

Everyone seems so busy this week and I’m not. I don’t even have a doctor’s appointment today so yay! @Susurrus I’m sorry you’re nerves are bugging you again, that sucks. If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know. @Rowan sorry to hear that your handfasting cord has been lost in the mail. Hopefully, this new one will make its way to you quickly!

I have no idea what I’m doing for the full moon. I don’t need self-love right now and that’s about the only love I want to conjure so I won’t be doing the ritual on site. I’ll have to think about what I want to do, maybe something from my new Wand book will speak to me.

Maybe I’ll do something with my runes since I’m getting to those lessons on site. Reconsecrate them and talk to them a bit. I made them myself from little round disks I picked up from the craft store and a red sharpie. Not being very crafty, but I’m proud I managed.

Hope everyone has a good week!

11 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you, I hope my rope gets here quickly as well, What a surprise if they both arrive!!! Lol.
Good for you not having an appt today, that’s great news.
I’m sure your Runes are beautiful, I had made a set of Witches Runes by finding some blue glass rocks at the dollar store and a white paint marker, a while back. I should get them out and reconnect with them too.
Have a Good Week!

11 Likes

You’re welcome, hon! Yeah, I bet you’ll get both at the same time!

I think my runes are pretty, and I did them without a ruler! I’m really proud of them still.

9 Likes

Congratulations to both of you :sparkles: and thank you for sharing so much love and magic :magic_wand:
:heart:

8 Likes

Congrats to @Nikita-mikaelson and @rachel21 :hearts: Thanks for being awesome and inspiring conversation here in the forum :infinite_roots:

As for the full moon, I think I’m going to set up a full ritual to completely redo my money bowl. It’s gone dormant for several weeks now because I just haven’t tended it it. It needs a good cleansing and a refresh and I’m thinking this full moon will be a good time for that.

We have a field trip coming up on Friday to a local place with a bunch of kids. I’m excited to go and spend some time outdoors with other homeschool kids and families!

I didn’t sleep that great either :sleeping: I’ve come to realize that I wake up feeling the most refreshed on Sundays when I don’t have an alarm set for the morning. I wake up early still, usually around 7 AM, but I wake up to the sunshine through my window rather than darkness outside. If I could wake up with the sun every day, that would be heavenly :pray: I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Oh no, Rowan! I’m hopeful it will find its way to you :pray: sometimes things just take the long way :laughing: I sent something to Germany a few weeks ago and it took quite a while to get there! At least the seller is amicable and is making you another one :partying_face:

I think any time is a good time to do something with your runes :algiz: (no clue what this one means but it’s the only one I could remember) – I hope whatever you do for the full moon, you have a good time!

10 Likes

Runes came in! Gorgeous craftsmanship too!
@MeganB that’s a nice rune to choose… That one is named Algiz and it is the rune of life. It also is a very powerful protection rune. I burned that one on my dining room table, well on a corner of it… I plan to wood burn three others into the other corners.

14 Likes

I must say this is one rune that surely stands out to me, when I see it I definitely know it, Is my favorite (Algiz)

11 Likes

Want to say thank you guys for sharing so much love on the Forum. I also want to send out a warm welcome to our new comers as well wishing you a wonderful week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Thanks all! I enjoy giving out love and I learn a ton in the process when I am reading the posts.
This week will be a little hectic for me at work and home so I really focused this morning on grounding myself and making sure I am ready for the week. I have really been blocking myself here lately with my craft and just in general. Shadow work has really put me in a funk and I have had a hard time pulling myself out of it. I am hoping with the full moon this week I can really focus and get myself back on track. All of my Friday Readings and my own Oracle pulls have shown that I am the one blocking my own self from moving forward.

I hope everyone has a great week.

12 Likes

Ohh that’s good to know! I honestly had no clue :laughing: it was the only one I could remember! I like that you made that woodburning in your kitchen table. I think that’s a good place for that one to go.

10 Likes

Thank you, sometimes I get some wild crafty ideas…lol. But the table is worn and scratched, it’s a centerpiece in my family, we call it the table of truth :rofl: It’s where many discussions, hard truths, plans, and much love (and good eating) take place. I was going to strip it and re stain it but I like the worn places in a sense they remind me of past discussions whether good or bad, and how we came out on the other side better for it.

10 Likes

I need to strip and restain our kitchen table because my daughter has gotten paint all over it but I kinda like how it looks with the paint splatters on it :laughing:

10 Likes

Child Art on the kitchen table, love it. I used to let my kids make their masterpieces under this old farm table I had that was made out of cedar. Then when it was time for a new one, I just took the legs off and saved the table top. It sits in the back of my closet now, but its nice now that they’re all about grown to look back on.
**used now too many times…lol

10 Likes

Thanks, hon! I hope your money bowl comes to fruition!

11 Likes

@MegaB Algiz is a powerful protection rune :algiz:

Algiz/Elhaz - 15 of the Elder Futhark & 7th of Heimdall’s Aett :algiz:

I have a picture of toddler art on a wall & our kitchen table has been through the gamete. Paint, glitter, glue, food coloring, tie dye :rofl: Our coffee table became a crafting idea & was where I used to work on my crafts.

@Amber.8 that si lovely, be proud of what you have found that works & fits :smiling_face:

@marsha that looks like a lovely ritual that you have done. I have started drawing a crystal oracle once a week then leaving it on my altar & carrying that specific stone for a week. Then I use the card in my devotionals or whatnots.

10 Likes

Update to the MMM:
This week’s group meditation ritual is now live in the forum! More information can be found in the ritual post here:

4-14 Cup for Coin Money Magick

(Group Ritual - April 14) :dollar: Thursday Money Magick

Looking forward to sharing a cup (and hearing that ka-ching!) with you then! :tea::herb::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

11 Likes