Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jun 6 - 12 🌓

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Look to the skies! Tomorrow, Tuesday June 7th , we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location.

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

The First Quarter Moon is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

From the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? Know that this special moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this part of the moon cycle :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

For those interested in astrology, you may also be interested in checking out Astrological Recap & Looking to the Future- where Astrolger Abs shares some recent and current astrological tips :star2:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, June 9th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Beltane Spring Summer

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, June 10th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

The live gathering will be held on Friday, June 10th at 8:00am EDT . This is the first of two live group healing sessions this month.

EEC Group Healing Session

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: June 2022

Please note that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the meetings hosted in A Sacred Space . To make your account, you can join Spells8 here - the first 15 days are free! :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase Heads Up: Full Moon :eyes: ] ]

Not this week but next, the skies will be alight with the glow of a full moon on Tuesday, June 14th.

The full moon of June is called the Full Strawberry Moon :strawberry:

Strawberry-Moon-Spell-360x240

Keep an eye out for next week’s MMM with more tips and spellwork ideas for this special full moon! :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: As Above, So Below :hugging:

As Above So Below Connect Interconnection Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, June 7th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - As Above, So Below :people_hugging:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVIII (Jun 3 - Jul 1)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, Jul 1st .

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread:

→ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVII - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Thursday, June 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

affirmations of the coven

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@ashley61, @tanya12, @carrie6, @julianna, @sadiqa, @debbie7, @melissa43, @natalie16, @betty4, @sheldonna, @jaz1, @david10, @captiva, @renee8, @karma, @caysha2, @sarah63, @alyssa15, @MoonLake, @emily40, @priscilla5, @ashton3, @tina18, @lauren21, @courtney15, @joleen1, @chloe12, @heath, @jessica17, @timothy2, @brandi12, @mavislin, @armani, @chuck, @brent2, @marcie3, @annmarie3, @millennia, @daniel10, @julie23, @rachel32, @shawn1, @alicia22, @steven4, @brittny, @ginny1, @erica23, @olivia8, @laly, @alex11, @katharina, @caitlin6, @shirley1, @kimberley1, @dorothy5, @erna, @nadia9, @sheree2, @shannon23, @jennie, @jonathan5, @samantha62, @gary2, @cherrel, @johnny3, @galana, @carol2, @tamisha, @shawnna, @john9, @wheeler, @stephanie10, @amber51, @tattiana, @kulani, @jayce1, @duffie, @melanie11, @virginia6, @abigail10, @coryn1, @jennifer18, @tracy14, @brejae1, @mary24, @savannah8, @starnasia, @crystal41, @lily2, @jackie5, @sherry4, @tawny, @sharon18, @ashlie2

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @AileyGrey - for sharing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand:

• @Garnet - for giving out the most hearts, on a two-week streak! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

It is always wonderful when people go above and beyond for fellow coven members :blush: But for those who do so not just one day, but consistently, day after day over the course of the month - you deserve something extra special!

Those who are noticed for going above and beyond for fellow coven members over the entire month recieve a Community Shout-Out. There are no limits to how many users can receive this shout-out each month.

For May, 2022:

• @Marsha - for (zodiac blessed!) writing happy birthday messages to coven members, and for welcoming all new members in their introductory posts

• @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

Note : Those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Blessed First Quarter Moon! :first_quarter_moon_with_face: Will you be working any moon magick this week or saving up for the full moon next week? :full_moon_with_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :first_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Congratulations to you, @AileyGrey @Garnet @marsha and @Amethyst :heart::heart: your presence is certainly a blessing to everyone here!

–

As for me this week, I don’t know if I have too much planned. I might be working some spells later in the week but nothing is set in stone yet. I am looking forward to our healing session this Friday at 8am :heart: I know it is a bit early but hopefully our friends across the pond will be able to join in if they want.

Other than that it is just work as normal and a field trip on Friday. Happy Monday everyone!

8 Likes

Happy Monday everyone!

And a very special Woo-hoo to @AileyGrey, @Garnet, and @marsha for being so darn awesome. And thank you for the community badge and the shout-out, @BryWisteria, and @MeganB! I feel blessed to know you and to be a part of this community.

I’m thinking about what to do for the Full Moon next week. I think I’m going to set the spell to love myself since I don’t want or need any romantic entanglements. I’m just hoping that the strawberries will be okay next week.

Just got back from the doctor and the new skin graft is working well! I’m got skin growing, yay! They slapped another one on me and we’ll see how it’s going next week. So that’s good.

@MeganB I’m gonna try to make it to the healing circle this week if I can. I think my phone deleted Zoom since I wasn’t using it a lot so I have to check that out. I’d like to make it but we’ll see.

Hope everyone has a good week!

7 Likes

I hope to see you there if you can make it! :heart:

5 Likes

I should be able to make it! I’m hoping so, it sounds so nice!

6 Likes
  • @AileyGrey - for sharing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand:
  • @Garnet - for giving out the most hearts, on a two-week streak! :heart:
  • @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

Congratulations to @AileyGrey and @Garnet and @Amethyst :partying_face: :tada:
Thank you for all you do! :hugs:
Enjoy your shiny new badges :heart:
With much love always :magic_wand:

As for me, @BryWisteria I am humbled :face_with_peeking_eye: by your recognition. Thank you for your kind words and a shiny new badge!
:heart:

8 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! Unfortunately my week has a somber start as we prepare for a funeral tomorrow.

On a happier note, I received my pride swag! I purchased two shirts, a coffee mug, and a new topper for my Pair glasses.

Top is the new ones, I’ve had the bottom for about 6 months now.

The rest of this week, I’ll be continuing to work on my shadow work and mundane chores. I do have my friends’ grandson’s 1st birthday party on Saturday that I’m looking forward to!

10 Likes

Congratulations to @AileyGrey & @Garnet the forum is blessed to have you sharing your words & love.

Congratulations to @Amethyst & @marsha for all you do within the coven :infinite_roots:

The four of you are a blessing to us all! :smiling_face:

I have my appointment tomorrow for my chronic migraines & TMJ shots. Not a long appointment, the drive though… I will be at least an hour :rofl: That summer traffic is starting to be more consistent through the week. Then my therapy appointment on Wednesday.

The rest of the country it seems is out of school… our kids are going until June 29 this year! :exploding_head:

I feel:100: percent better than I have the last couple of weeks, the build-up then the confronting my shadow face to face & the recovery… was just a little bit more than I expected. However the feeling is amazing, I don’t know how else to describe it. :smiling_face:

I can’t believe that it was 77 here today, that’s the first time it’s been over 74! :sun: So the “others” will be here sooner than later.

I also know that my brother is deploying at 4 AM to go overseas again. He said 30 - 45 days he will be gone this time. I have our app that we can talk to each other on, but I let him call me or wait for a response because really, he’s doing the defending of the country thing & I am at home living free because of it. That doesn’t mean that I won’t worry though. I have my deployment stone out, I have to get a list of all of his deployments & dates to put on the back of it.

Woot! New Cricut project!

Today went well for my first day of back to normal for real. I feel amazing & I feel productive & rooted with my family! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Will you thank your brother for keeping us both safe and free.
Garnet

5 Likes

Please thank him for his service for me. I’m truly humbled by our service members that give their time, mental health, and some times the ultimate sacrifice, so that we have the freedoms that we do.

6 Likes

Thank you for the shout-out, @marsha! I appreciate it!

I’m sorry for you’re loss, @Amaris_Bane. You’ll be in my thoughts. But nice swag! I especially like that second tee shirt!

Thanks for the congrats, @Susurrus! I’m glad you’re feeling better! Many prayers for your brother’s safe return!

6 Likes

MERRY MEET MONDAY!!!
I am so excited for this week. Last week I took a break from everything and went to the lake and the beach 4x! That is NOT an exaggeration! :laughing: :laughing: I wasn’t even on here much. I checked in, logged in and read around the forum, but I didn’t interact really. I hope everyone had a great week last week. I know I did. :sunglasses: :sun: :parasol_on_ground:

I have been feeling much happier and better. However, I do have a kidney stone right now. I’m in the middle of attempting to pass it before I need surgery. Fingers crossed that I pass it because I do not want to have surgery again. I’ve had over 30 kidney stones that I’ve passed MOSTLY on my own, except 3. I’ve had 5 surgeries, 3 of them being over a 15 mm kidney stone. I FELT CLOSE TO DEATH. So this time around is a piece of cake but STILL VERY PAINFUL. I’m trying to find any home remedies, etc. that I can. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE HELP A GIRL OUT! It’d be GREATLY appreciated! :pray:
Blessed Be! :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Lots happening this week! Thank you for sharing the weekly news and updates. A Fantastic Congratulations to everyone who makes this coven so wonderful and a Big Welcome to all the new members!

5 Likes

Sometimes it’s fun to have things planned and other times its nice to leave the door open :blush: Whatever spellwork you choose to do (or hold off on), wishing you all the best with it! :sparkles::heart:

It’s a real blessing and true honor to know you too- the community is so lucky to have you, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :infinite_roots:

And hooray for strawberry spellwork! :partying_face: If you’re worried they won’t last (they do tend to go back quickly :sweat_smile:) could you pop them in the freezer? As long as you give them some time to defrost, that could save them for next week’s spellwork :+1: :strawberry:

And hooray that the new skin graft is working well- that’s great news! :raised_hands:

The honor is all mine, Marsha- thank YOU so much for all the love you share and how much you give to the coven :heart: You help make the forum a bright and positive place to be! :blush: So much love to you!

Sending loving thoughts as you prepare and attend the funeral :people_hugging: :candle:

As for the pride swag- WOOHOO!!! :partying_face: Goodness you are rocking pride month, @Amaris_Bane- look at all those treasures! :star_struck: That “Be Yourself, They’ll Adjust” t-shirt is gold. I am loving it :grinning: :rainbow_flag:

Wishing you all the best with your work both magickal and mundane! :raised_hands:

You are doing awesome, Siofra- I’m cheering for you! :partying_face: May the good times keep coming and the positivity energy continue to flow for you :heart:

I’m wishing your brother all the best with his employment- a huge thank you to him for his service! :pray:

That is living the dream right there- good for your, @Janae_Rochele! :sunglasses: :beach_umbrella:

So sorry to hear about the kidney stone- my sister went through a period where she was getting them a lot and I know they hurt like [insert choice curse word here] :sweat_smile: All I remember is that she was told to drink a lot and just keep drinking (especially water)- it supposedly helps to flush out the stone, as well as prevent more from forming :cup_with_straw: .

You’re in my thoughts and I pray the stone passes quickly and as painlessly as possible! :pray::heart:

You’re very welcome, Robin! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Wishing you all the best- there certainly is a lot happening this week! Hope you have a good one!

Still unpacking and struggling through jet lag here, but the weather is gorgeous and words cannot describe how happy I am to see the ocean again :ocean: :face_holding_back_tears: It’s definitely one of those things where you don’t appreciate it enough until it’s far away from you.

I think I’ll be looking into some more sea and water magick over the coming days :water_element: :sparkles:

Wishing everyone a blessed week!

5 Likes

Owie, that sounds awful! I have no idea about kidney stones but I’ll send you good vibes! Hope you feel better soon!

No, that’s not the problem. There’s a big deal here in the US about strawberries causing hepatitis A and there’s been recalls on the berries and on juices and teas. Scary to think about.

And yep, it is good news on the skin graft. Hopefully, it’ll keep on helping!

7 Likes

Thanks for the love everyone! I love being here with you!

6 Likes

:scream:

Oh goodness I had no idea- thank you for the heads up, Amethyst! :pray: It’s always a scare when there’s a recall, but what a huge shame it’s happening during strawberry season. Hopefully any bad berries will get sorted out asap and they will fix whatever the issue was!

Awwwww- it’s a real blessing to have you here, @AileyGrey!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Update to MMM:

The group ritual for this week is now LIVE in the forum! More information as well as what items are recommend for the ritual can be found in the post here:

6-9 Vestalia Sacred Fire Ritual

(Group Ritual- June 9) :fire: Sacred Fire Ritual

In honor of the Vestalia, this week’s ritual sparks the magickal energy of the Fire Element. It is the element of passion, life, and energy. Whether you nurture the flames of your hearth and home or feed the fire within, this ritual is all about fire energy :fire_element:

Looking forward to sharing a cup and some sparks with you all on Thursday! :grinning: :sparkles:

Blessed be, Infinite Roots! :fire::coffee: :candle:

6 Likes

Ooo… I like fire :fire: & so does Brighid :triskele:

6 Likes