Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 28 - Apr 3 🌚

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, March 31st - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Magick Meditation Ritual Ostara Version

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon ) on Friday, April 1st - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 1st . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magickal Tools :magic_wand:

Magical Tools Wand Athame Cauldron Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, March 29th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Tools of the Witch Trade :magic_wand:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVI (Feb 25 - Apr 22)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, April 22nd .

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread:

:memo: Spells8 Book Club XV - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: March 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Thursday, March 31st .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit March 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Thursday, March 31st .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@jessica93, @marie16, @amy55, @tina16, @gladys1, @katherine15, @krysta, @feliciano, @elisa5, @angel18, @cindy11, @ramon-henko, @taylor24, @renee7, @brooklyn, @autumnstar, @hayley4, @berlin, @katy3, @journey, @luis1, @courtney2, @ally3, @jaimie1, @fionaj, @christina33, @susan12, @austin, @serynity, @Troy, @anh, @alicia21, @dawn18, @cassie4, @stephanie45, @isabela, @chelsea20, @carolina3, @brandy8, @CAshlynn, @crystal35, @anita3, @rebekah1, @FreyaRae, @john8, @jamie22, @Katiria, @ilze, @adeana1, @jesse, @traci4, @Chrnicmadnx, @violet2, @grace8, @jennifer98, @ona2, @christina34, @christian5, @Watergoddess, @sophie4, @amanda62, @jelena1, @amanda6, @michelle47, @sadie, @sarah53, @barbara10, @cassie5, @michelle48, @dennis, @Maebecca, @yaneli, @courtney14, @stephanie46, @kendra3, @ashley54, @monique9, @anna17, @francine, @billie4, @siham

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share and give the most receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Debra2- for giving out both the most hearts and posts, on a three-week streak! :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @Debra2 will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, saying a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

A New Moon on April Fool’s- will you be doing any shadow work, or will you use the lack of a moon to your advantage for some silly pranks? :wink:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

15 Likes

A note that this month there will be two new moons- the first is this Friday, April 1st and the second is on Saturday, April 30th.

The second new moon later this month will thus be what is called a Black Moon :black_circle: :sparkles:

16 Likes

I just want to take a moment out of my day to say thanks to Scott Cunningham. Though his books are older now, he is where a lot of people started with Wicca and witchcraft and for that, he deserves a prayer of gratitude :pray:t3:

Also, I hadn’t realized until I did my April bullet journal spread yesterday that there are two New Moons this month! That second one will sure be interesting :thinking:

15 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!
This week is still uncertain as to what I’ll be doing…Sunday is my bday so there’s that. The Big 50. I’m back to experiencing interrupted sleep, waking up at 3 and then usually 5 am most days. I get up with Tim at 6:30 Fri-Mon so it makes those days especially sluggish.
My son had a outpatient surgical procedure last Thursday to repair the hole in his esophagus that he has been dealing with for the last year, and the doctor believes that is what was causing the acid levels in his blood. So they repaired the hole with silicone to seal it shut. Today is his first day back to work.
I’m creating two sigils today to go on my wall downstairs and one for the upstairs wall that is shared with the little boy next door that I have mentioned, there is still issues going on and I just want to extend some positive energy and a protection sigil for him.
Hope everyone has a great week full of opportunities and blessings from the universe.
Blessed Be,
Rowan

13 Likes

Happy belated birthday :birthday: @Rowan :gift:. I hope you have a great week!
:rose: :bouquet:

So cool about that Black Moon!! :new_moon_with_face:
:pentagram:

11 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! Hope y’all have a good week! Two new moons in the month, eh? Neat!

Congratulations to @Debra2 for all you do for the community! You rock!

Happy early birthday, @Rowan! I hope you have a good one.

I got my skin graft today finally y’all! Whoo! It cost like six thousand bucks for a tiny slip of faux skin that encourages skin growth. I hope if someone mugs me it’s for my purse and not my leg. On the plus side, it’ll help heal this hole in my leg that’s been there forever. On the minus side, it’ll smell like three-day-old fish after a day or two and that’s normal! It’s not infected like that or anything. I can’t unwrap it for a week so it’ll be next Monday before I know if it’s helping or not. Cross your fingers.

So that’s what I’ve been doing this morning. Hope everyone else’s day has been going as good as mine!

13 Likes

Thank you @Debra for sharing so much love.
:heart:

10 Likes

Happy Early Birthday :birthday: @Rowan :magic_wand:

Hope your son is feeling better soon. Sending positive healing energy for him.
:heart:

11 Likes

Thank you, its this upcoming Sunday. Hope you have a great week as well!

10 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst for the birthday wishes! I am so glad you have gotten the skin graph, and I will send some healing energy your way! Thank you @marsha for the birthday wishes, I appreciate the healing energy for my son as well very much!
Apologies to @debra2 for forgetting to congratulate your continued support and good energy you share with the coven here on the forum, CONGRATS!!! :star_struck: :tada:

9 Likes

Wow, thank you everyone for the congrats, it’s my pleasure to help share and spread love to the coven. :bouquet: Thank you @BryWisteria for my New Badge :hearts:

That is great news @Amethyst, I am so happy for you and praying everything goes well. Fingers are crossed :crossed_fingers:

Happy Birthday @Rowan and I will say it again on Sunday. :birthday:

Thank you @MeganB for acknowledging Scott Cunningham and his books, and the :pray: of gratitude to him.

This is starting out to be an excellent week.
Blessed Be :dizzy: :pentagram: :sparkles: :hearts:

12 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, definite case of Mondays today at this household. :flushed:

Congratulations!!! Awesome job @debra2! That is a gorgeous badge on you! :partying_face: :tada:

I think for the New Moon :new_moon: I am going to cleanse my space & work on my altar & possibly at least a small place for my ancestor altar. I just feel like I need something for them. They have helped shaped me into who I am today & what I am working on to relearn & correct with their guidance.

I had my first appointment today & then Thursday I will have another 1 after my lab work for my procedure on Friday. I also have to pick up Hibiclens… for my wrist… not even my wrist… a cyst on my wrist that is being removed. Something else very different, I had to have a Covid test 2 weeks ago & another 1 the day before. Even in 2020, I didn’t have to wash in Hibiclens & take 2 Covid tests. Just amazing to me how different places have or haven’t changed their policies.

I have some things to figure out & usually at night/evening I spend time with my husband & Peanut, so that’s why I’m off & on real quick in the evenings. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Oops!! :grimacing: :scream: I thought it was yesterday! Have a Happy Birthday next Sunday :balloon: :gift:

10 Likes

Thank you for that! I’ll take all the good vibes I can get!

Thank you, my dear! Hopefully, everything will go right.

I hope everything goes okay with your lab work and your procedure this week. I’ll be thinking of you, love!

10 Likes

@MeganB Well said, Megan- Scott Cunningham helped a lot of people find their way into the Craft, and I agree! Thank you for sharing the gratitude :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And cheers to that! An interesting moon for sure :black_circle:

@Rowan Happy Birthday week, Rowan- that’s an exciting bday coming your way! :partying_face: :birthday: Congrats on your son’s successful surgery, I’m wishing him all the best as he continues to heal. And beautiful work with your sigils- may they help those in need :pray::heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage Cheers to that- the Black Moon is pretty exciting! :star_struck:

@Amethyst Congrats on your skin graft, Amethyst- I hope it helps your leg (and isn’t too stinky- but hey, gotta do what ya gotta do to heal!) :pray::heart: Glad to hear you had a good day, I hope the rest of the week is just as nice for you :blush:

@Debra2 The pleasure is all mine, thank you for all the love and joy you share, Debra! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: May it continue to be a wonderful week for you!

@Susurrus Lovely plans for the new moon, Stiofra- and good luck with your appointments and procedures this week! :raised_hands: Wishing you all the best with the things you have to figure out too- I hope everything goes well for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

The group ritual post for this week is now live! Please find more details in the ritual discussion thread:

(Group Ritual - Mar 31) :new_moon: New Moon in Aries

3-31 New Moon in Aries Ritual

Looking forward to celebrating the first new moon of the month and sharing a warm cup with you this Thursday! :tea::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be!

9 Likes

Thank you, my dear! I hope the rest of the week goes as well for you too!

10 Likes

Merry Meet everyone!

Currently enjoying a few days off before things get fully underway with my new business.

Had a lovely leaving do with a small group of close workmates on Saturday, and topped up my hair colour for it!

Today I’m treating myself to a glass of wine with bread and olives for lunch, and once again TK Maxx has provided fabulous witchy finds!

14 Likes

I really like your hair, I think the blue color is your color. A blue Iris! :wink:
Congratulations on the business and lots of good luck and well wishes for you. :butterfly:
I plan on getting my hair cut short as soon as it’s warmer. I need to lighten the load! I was thinking about adding a silvery purple color too :wink:
:rose:

12 Likes