Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 2 - 8 šŸŒæ

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about exciting events in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Hereā€™s what happening this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, May 5th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Beltane Spring Summer

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If youā€™d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 6th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent Moon :waxing_crescent_moon: ] ]

After the exciting Black Moon this past weekend, the following week will see the moon slowly become brighter in the sky as a Waxing Moon :waxing_crescent_moon:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals-360x240

While there is not a major moon phase during the coming week, be prepared for a First Quarter Moon early next week on Monday, May 9th. Look for more information and spellwork ideas in next weekā€™s MMM :newspaper:

For a daily lunar spell as well as current moon information specific for your location, check the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Let a Witch Unwind! :couch_and_lamp:

Relaxation Relax Refresh Magick Heal Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, May 3rd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Let a Witch Unwind! :couch_and_lamp:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVII (Apr 29 - May 27)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 27th .

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Readerā€™s discussion thread:

ā†’ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVI - Readersā€™ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, May 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

Coven Inspiration

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighidā€™s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@kayla27, @dann-l, @kaylee2, @maegan, @mahalia2, @diana9, @amanda65, @rebecca27, @LeoMoon, @shannon22, @erica22, @darryl, @isabella1, @rajha, @jeanne2, @richard7, @hailstorm, @christina38, @lorra, @mary41, @sara20, @sha_nicca, @amber48, @neil, @heather57, @trina, @nikki9, @shawanda, @maria21, @johanna3, @smiles, @melinda6, @Mindie_T, @betsy, @tasha8, @margie1, @ashley56, @amanda66, @jamiejm, @mercedes4, @karla5, @caitlyn2, @azalyn1, @kariann, @miyara1, @lynda, @kerry7, @angela36, @joelene, @charity6, @eva10, @francoise, @nichole5, @michelle51, @christina39, @jenna5, @mike, @barbara11, @cindy12, @austin1, @afra, @anastasia6, @karli, @joanna3, @lori1, @lisa53, @hayley6, @natasha18, @ashley57, @ashley58, @hannah27, @destanie2, @anastasia7, @zinnia, @nichole6, @brittney7, @tracey6, @coreena1, @cheryl8, @dana6, @amy58, @trish1, @jen6, @brooke4, @suzanne4, @karen13, @cyn, @christine20, @lisa54, @andrea40, @marianne4, @ann3, @ashleigh7, @kelly25, @tara15, @cheryl9, @jaime6, @alexandria1, @mariana1, @danielle28, @yoni, @Leyanna, @celina2, @chyenne, @rowansun, @lisa55, @sarah56, @angela37, @micaela, @jamie25, @sheery, @danica1

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @TheMuslimWitch- for sharing the most posts over the past seven days :writing_hand:

• @JasperP- for giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

It is always wonderful when people go above and beyond for fellow coven members :blush: But for those who do so not just one day, but consistently, day after day over the course of the month- you deserve something extra special!

Those who are noticed for going above and beyond for fellow coven members over the entire month recieve a Community Shout-Out. There are no limits to how many users can receive this shout-out each month.

For April, 2022 :

• @Marsha- for happy birthday messages to coven members on their special days, and for welcoming all new members in their introductory posts

• @Amethyst- for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

• @Nikita-mikaelson- for sharing daily tarot card draws

Note : Those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :sparkles:

Herb picture from Pixabay

After the Sabbat celebrations and celestial excitement this past weekend, are you still riding the high or feeling exhausted? :sleeping: Will you be working any magick this week? :magic_wand:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :herb::sparkles:

15 Likes

Congrats to @TheMuslimWitch, @JasperP, @marsha, and @Nikita-mikaelson for all you do for the community! Great job people! And thank you for the honor again this month, itā€™s much appreciated.

Iā€™ve got my doctorā€™s appointment in the afternoon for once which is weird. Hopefully, my leg will be better this week. Other than that, I donā€™t have many plans for this week. With the new month, things should look up for me.

Hope you all have a good week!

12 Likes

Congratulations @TheMuslimWitch @JasperP @Marsha @Amethyst and @Nikita-mikaelson . You guys are awesome!!! :heart:

9 Likes

The energy I have felt this weekend has definitely been intense! When I felt relaxed, I felt relaxed and when I felt frustratedā€¦oh my, well, Iā€™m glad my chakra meditation helped. :sweat_smile:

I bought a crescent moon necklace wrapped in silver wire that resembles the Tree of Life and filled with stones for each chakra. I infused it with some of the calming energies I had felt and now when I wear it, itā€™s hard for me to get nervous or anxious.

10 Likes

Congratulations :clap: and thank you for sharing so much :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the ā€˜Community Shout-Outā€™ and to @Amethyst and @LadyFireCancer for the ā€˜Good Wishesā€™

With much love :heart: and thankfulness :pray:

9 Likes

Congratulations @TheMuslimWitch & @JasperP for the forum posts & likes. You add a little bit of you to the community each day :two_hearts: :partying_face:

Great job @marsha, @Amethyst, & @Nikita-mikaelson the coven wouldnā€™t be the same without all of your help too! Thank you, ladies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada:

I have 2 appointments this week & since it looks like we are getting rain later today, I got some more seeds in their trays for the greenhouse & cleaned up the rest of the seeds & the porch. Even though yesterday couldnā€™t have been any better if I imagined something over a weekā€™s timeā€¦ I am feeling the effects on my joints from the labor we put in yesterday. My joints just arenā€™t happy with me :woman_shrugging:, but it was worth it. It looks so good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: & I canā€™t wait to be able to transplant the seedlings. :herb: :white_flower:

I have been using the Meditations from Insight Timer :woman_in_lotus_position: for healing & found more than a few on grounding, chakras, self-care, healingā€¦ The one I did today was to clear your chakras. Iā€™m new to chakra energy working but so far I think Iā€™m on the right track & doing well. Itā€™s a ā€œdoes it fit or notā€ situation as to whether or not I make chakras something I work with on a regular basisā€¦ it is a part of Crystal Healing so I know a little bit about them from school, but I want a better understanding & Iā€™m using myself as a guinea pig of sorts :rofl:

I pulled from my Crystal Oracle deck, but I separated the deck into two piles, ones that I own & the ones that I donā€™t. I needed an idea of what I needed to work on or with & today i drew Lapis Lazuli. Which is a stone that is helpful with communication & clarity of speech types of things. Also associated with the throat chakra & then @MeganB called me out with her April, May, June 2022 Single Oracle/Rune/Tarot entry :rofl: so at some point sooner than later, I have a conversation to have with a family member. Time to set some boundaries! :muscle:

I asked Brighid :triskele: for her assistance & guidance with this situation, so it looks like as far as expressing myselfā€¦ Iā€™m doing the right thing & need to be honest with this person, & stop putting it off. Like ripping off a bandaidā€¦ just make the callā€¦ so Iā€™m going to continue ripping off the bandaid slowly :joy: & I hope that everyone has a great day! :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

Youā€™re welcome :rofl: thatā€™s what friends are for!

Congrats to everyone weā€™re celebrating for April! @marsha and @Amethyst and @Nikita-mikaelson and @JasperP and @TheMuslimWitch You all rock! :tada:

8 Likes

Thanks, @LadyFireCancer! Youā€™re awesome too!

Thank you, hon!

Yā€™all help by making this community of ours work! So, thank you!

Thank you, hon! You rock too! Managing your own circle and helping out here on top of all you do! Youā€™re amazing!

7 Likes

Merry Meet Monday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love that itā€™s the beginning of May, a new FRESH month! :smile: I plan to use magick everyday this week. I feel very, very powerful right now. I have an interesting, unusual sense of energy this week that I havenā€™t had in a long time. I plan on meditating each night this week because I KNOW I NEED IT. It improves my mood sooo much, and I need that these days. This energy can stay for good if it would like to; I sure could use it more often! Iā€™m loving it. :heart:

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! :sun: :astrology_moon:

7 Likes

Thank you for the congrats :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you i appreciate it :heartpulse:

6 Likes

@Amethyst You do so much for the coven- the shout-outs are always well-deserved, Amethyst! Thanks for being so awesome! :heart::blush: I hope your doctorā€™s appointment went well!

@Kasandra Your new necklace sounds not only beautiful but also very powerful- may it continue to help you negate stress and find your inner calm :relaxed: :crescent_moon:

@Marsha So much love and gratitude back to you too, Marsha- thank you so much for all you do for the coven! :raised_hands: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Susurrus After a hard dayā€™s work in the garden itā€™s time to relax and recover- I am sure your plants are grateful for how well you take care of them! :seedling::two_hearts: Congrats on all your magickal workings, and wishing you good luck at your appointments this week!

@Janae_Rochele Ride that energy high and enjoy the abundance in the air- the waxing moon is a great time to work magick for manifestation and attraction! :waxing_crescent_moon: :blush: Wishing you fun spellwork this week- have a great one!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope your week has been off to a great start so far :blush::sparkles:

8 Likes

Update to the MMM:
This weekā€™s group meditation ritual is now live in the forum! More information can be found in the ritual post here:

5-5 Crystals Stones Gem Group Ritual Spells8

(Group Ritual - May 5) :gem: Cups and Crystals

Itā€™s all about crystals this week- feel free to follow along with the written ritual on your own time, or join the live group ritual over Zoom held by the amazing @MeganB! :gem::sparkles:

Looking forward to seeing everyoneā€™s favorite shines from their crystal collections this week- cheers, Infinite Roots! :infinite_roots: :tea:

7 Likes

the live rituals are back! Oh happy day! Now to see what time my appointment is on Thursday :thinking: I liked the live rituals on Zoom. Yay! Iā€™ll figure out times for my stuff & get back to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I love it when I feel like that, it doesnā€™t happen often enough!

Thank you for being awesome yourself! My doctorā€™s appointment went okay, my graft still isnā€™t taking and they want to switch brands. Blah. LOL!

7 Likes

@Amethyst Iā€™m so sorry that this leg is still giving you so many issues. I hope they find something to comfort you for the long term & not such a trial & error. I hate that phase when it happens. Iā€™m glad the appointment went okay thoughā€¦ hopefully, itā€™s a better outcome.

I have my appointment at 11:30 AM today so Iā€™m trying to catch up a little bit before I have to dip away for a while. :laughing:

6 Likes

@Amethyst I KNOW! I neverrrrr have energy like this. So Iā€™m trying to embrace it while I can and keep HIGH HOPES, it wants to stick around for a while or just come back often lol!

7 Likes

Thanks, love! Itā€™s disappointing that this first kind of graph didnā€™t work, but hopefully, the next one will.

Good luck at your appointment today! I wish you luck!

Hee! I can just see you now, running around until you finally tired out and fall asleep where you sit. Hopefully, youā€™ll get everything you want done before that happens!

7 Likes