Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 23 - 29 šŸŒ˜

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about exciting events in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Hereā€™s what happening this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, May 26th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Beltane Spring Summer

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 27th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

The live gathering will be held on Friday, May 27th at 2:00 PM EDT.

EEC Group Healing Session

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: May 2022

Please note that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the meetings hosted in A Sacred Space . To make your account, you can join Spells8 here - the first 15 days are free! :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase Heads Up: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for a New Moon on Monday, May 30th. To help you prepare for this moon phase, you can check out the full guide at New Moon Magic Rituals :new_moon_with_face:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas-360x240

Keep an eye out for more information and more spellwork ideas in next weekā€™s MMM :newspaper:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Meditation Magick :person_in_lotus_position:

Spells8 Challenge Meditation Magic Visualization Magick

This challenge will close on Tuesday, May 24th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Meditation Magick :person_in_lotus_position:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVII (Apr 29 - May 27)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 27th .

And if you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Readerā€™s discussion thread:

ā†’ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVI - Readersā€™ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, May 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

Affirmations of Infinite Roots

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighidā€™s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@staton, @jeanette1, @cindee, @kailynn, @monique10, @matthew6, @hannah29, @cortney3, @monica10, @amanda68, @hannah30, @june3, @ambriel, @michelle55, @hailey7, @StregaDahlia, @August_Wandering, @kaitlin8, @DelishTrouble, @WitchyVibes, @tekena, @heather61, @christina40, @teresa10, @arelia, @laxgal00, @eric3, @troy1, @tara16, @lisa56, @amber50, @sarah59, @tanisha, @christina41, @debra3, @rhiannon, @jennifer101, @caitlin5, @sara21, @kathleen6, @heather60, @rachelle3, @leslie6, @jenna6, @eliza1, @katie17, @guenevere, @kristen7, @destanie3, @freda, @judy6, @betty2, @amy60, @adriana4, @kelly26, @SunnyDay, @rosalinda, @anthony3, @joanna7, @nikkinalani93, @samantha6, @devyn, @sara22, @lisa57, @kimberly54, @savanna2, @sarah60, @kevin1, @alyssa14, @tiffany33, @gabriela2, @savion, @alysha, @alisha8, @kimberly55, @marianne5, @shelley2, @brandi11, @leslie7, @cassandra12, @charity7, @samantha56, @gabrielle1, @stormie, @Lethica, @lindsey9, @heather62

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @amara- for sharing the most posts over the past seven days :writing_hand:

• @marsha- for giving out the most hearts in the forum, on a three-week streak! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @marsha will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

As we move towards the New Moon next week, will you be working any Waning Moon Magick? :waning_crescent_moon: What areas of magick have your focus this week? :books:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Happy Monday yā€™all! I hope you all had a good weekend! Congratulations to @amara and @marsha for making this forum a wonderful place to be!

I go for my new skin graft today. Hopefully, that will go well. They dug out the old last week so it shouldnā€™t hurt as much today. Weā€™ll see.

I want to do a Releasing the Past Spell this weekend. I found it on Facebook and it looks good. Right before a New Moon seems like a good time to do it, start the new month off right!

Other than that I donā€™t have many plans for this week. What are you people up to?

7 Likes

I am really looking forward to the waning moon and new moon this month! I need some rest and renewal! I teach and the children are now on summer vacation. I have 4 days of cleaning and meetings left. The last few years have been rough on teachers and, while Iā€™ve been practicing self care and very aware of my emotional state, I canā€™t deny that I am ready for some rejuvenation! I have done some meditation over the weekend and some coffee magic this morning to help me stay focused and energetic these last few days! The. I just want to sleep for a few days (which will never happen because I have kidsā€¦ alas!) :slight_smile: at any rate, rest is coming!

Totally separate topicā€¦ I went back to our local renn faire this weekend and left my kids with a sitter (renn faire with no kids is totally different than with kids!) and found these two gems to explore with the family over the break. I havenā€™t dived in yet, but the illustration look amazing! After our Bestiary challenge, I canā€™t wait to explore some more!

9 Likes

OOh, those look like great books! Enjoy reading while youā€™re on summer vacation!

7 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun! Iā€™m also glad youā€™ve been taking care of yourself as well as you can these last few years :heart: I couldnā€™t imagine being a teacher during a pandemic!

Also, just wanted to say that the magical beasts book is pretty good-I have that one myself :blush::unicorn:

7 Likes

@Amethyst We are avid readers over here and my to be read pile is shimmering with possibilities! Iā€™m so eager to get started!

5 Likes

@megan8 its definitely not for the faint of heart on the best days and pandemic teaching is definitely not what I would call ā€œthe best daysā€. Itā€™s a calling though and I love it and canā€™t see myself doing anything else! I have so many friends who are leaving the profession thoughā€¦ really, really amazing teachers who are justā€¦ doneā€¦. And that breaks my heart. Our kids are losing out. I feel change in the air though. The next few years in education are going to be tomultuous. Growing pains are trough sometimes!

7 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re in for a fun summer! I hope you get to enjoy it!

5 Likes

Good morning! It took me a few minutes to realize that itā€™s Mondayā€¦ Iā€™m not used to my husband working on Saturdays so Sunday now feels like Saturday & then Monday I wake up & have to look around & look at what day it is & timeā€¦ all kinds of discombobulation on Mondays :laughing:

Congratulations @amara for posting the most this past week! :tada: & a Congratulations to @marsha for the most love & a 3-week streak earning her a shiny new badge! :confetti_ball: Thank you both for making the forum a great place to exchange ideas & information.

@Amethyst I hope your graft goes well today. Do keep us posted, but please rest if you have to first & get comfortable.

@AileyGrey Iā€™m happy that you are more aware of keeping focus & having better days. I remember when I was younger I wanted to be a teacher (I had a teacher in high school that actually had a meeting with my parents about why I shouldnā€™t be a teacherā€¦ whole other story, but this reminded me of it) I never imagined that homeschool/remote learning/ & everything that I am forgetting would be a part of a teaching career. Youā€™re doing an amazing thing still working as a teacher. :hugs: So absolutely you deserve some time to rest & recharge & just be until the next session of school starts.

As for me, this week I started working/learning about my Sacral Chakra & learned that I have a Selenite wand that reaches from the bottom of my heart chakra to top of my root chakra. I remember it being so big I didnā€™t know what to do with it, so I put it on top of my printerā€™s box with some larger crystal pieces on it. Now I have a small collection of stones that are just for when I am working with my chakras/energy.

I am going to do my challenge entry today once I get my daughter off to school this morning. Once everyone is where they need to be, itā€™s easier for me to do my thing outside of my bedroom :joy: otherwise thereā€™s other people & dogsā€¦ for some reason if I am sitting in the living room with my feet on the floor, my dogs will lay next to me, but they also stay near me, without interfering. Talk about overly protective.

Which reminds me, we went from living in this touristy area & in the last couple of weeks, there have been 2 gun-related incidents either involving a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship or a single gunshot in a public place. A few years ago it was a high school kid. Iā€™m just at a loss, I feel like everyone is overly tense in my areaā€¦ which when itā€™s not a pandemicā€¦ thereā€™s a lot that Cape Cod has to offer & Memorial Day Weekend is the ā€œopening weekendā€ of the Cape. Itā€™s usually a time that everyone looks forward to because our area thrives & everyone is just happy to be here for the next 3 months. All of the 6 months FL residents have come back too & opened up their houses to stay for the season.

At any rate, we got ALL the seedlings transplanted yesterday. My husband used marking paintā€¦ they use it at his landscaping company to mark lines & wires & whatnots & itā€™s not harmful to animals or plants :woman_shrugging: I was just amazed at the idea of mapping out the garden with hard lines. :rofl: When I get Peanut off to school I will go out there & take a picture. It reminded me of playing Tetris with seedlings :seedling: We had to map it out because of the pitch of our entire backyard & which plants will grab the fencing, which plants want a lot of water & which plants just want to be happily watered but not stay that way ALL the time. Although I did clear a portion of grass out of the corner so the garden should drain better in the lower corner. However, corn :corn: does not like a lot of water :droplet: or be saturated, so we put them up higher on the pitch than the rest of the garden.

I am going to continue my ā€œ10 Day Challengeā€ but today I will put in my entry to the challenge from my experiences over the weekend & with the meditations I was able to do over the weekend. Enough rambling from me, who knows where the conversation will go if I keep talking.

Iā€™ll be back in a little bit! Time to wake the little princess. :joy:

6 Likes

I Will do love! It shouldnā€™t hurt but Iā€™ll be out most of the day. Thatā€™ll tire me out. LOL!

Wow, your garden sounds amazing! Marking pain sounds neat too, you could draw your own labyrinth on the lawn! Canā€™t wait to see the pictures!

5 Likes

@AileyGrey I can definitely understand why they might want to leave but youā€™re right, the kids are absolutely losing out. I hope you enjoy your summer break!

@Susurrus I would never think about marking a garden that way. Thatā€™s a great idea! Also, Iā€™m glad all the snowbirds are going home :laughing: less traffic for me just in time for the tourists to get here :unamused: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Amethyst & @MeganB it reminded me of playing Tetris in the garden :laughing: Thereā€™s a ā€œwalkwayā€ down the middle & the tripod is a sprinkler we have on a timer. :rofl:

We call them ā€œSnowbirdsā€ too! & that is exactly what happens. They come here & the rest of the tourists follow. Personally, I would visit FL in the Spring around this time of year or September through the winter. The summer & the torrential, sporadic rain is funā€¦ but too much rain makes me bleh. Lol :joy:

8 Likes

Exactly! We had snowbirds in Oregon, too. Theyā€™d go down to California for the winter months and then back to Oregon during the Spring and Summer.

I always tell people the best time to visit Florida is the Autumn through Spring. Everyone comes during the Summer because of the beaches but thatā€™s also hurricane season and rainy season in general lol

6 Likes

Lolā€¦ I learned that from my family that moved to FL. Hurricane season/Rain season is not the time because those pop up downpours are no joke. :laughing:

5 Likes

Exactly! They can come at any moment :laughing: Iā€™ve gotten pretty good at spotting them or feeling when theyā€™re coming. We went to the beach a few weeks ago with some friends and I already knew there was a chance of rain in the forecast. It kept getting pushed back and back. I had gotten out of the water and turned to look inland and saw some clouds coming in the distance. I was like :eyes: those arenā€™t going to be good. I told my friend I thought it was time to start packing up and getting ready to leave. Lo and behold while we were packing up, those clouds moved in further and further and got darker and darker. I prayed to the Gods that if they would just let me finish packing everything up and start driving before it rained, they would get some good offerings at home. And as soon as I started driving, it started raining :laughing:

7 Likes

I remember 1 very specific time that I was in FL with my father & his wife & my brotherā€™s familyā€¦ I honestly canā€™t remember who from my family was with me, but I canā€™t fly alone so at least 1 of them was thereā€¦ anywayā€¦ weā€™re driving to the restaurant. All sunny & hot & bright. We pulled into the parking lot it was gray, my father got us to the door at the same time that the sky opened up & it just dropped from the sky. By the time my father had parked & started his way to the door, it stopped & the sun was out like nothing happened except everything was drenched. :rofl: Fun with the rain season.

7 Likes

I love it so much :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the shout-out and I promise to give my best the upcoming weekā€‹:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
Am really happy been here, is just like am homeā€‹:hugs::hugs:

6 Likes

@Amethyst
Thanks sweetheart :kiss:

4 Likes