Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 3 - 9 🏹

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

→ Monday, October 3

Look to the skies! This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick says that this moon phase is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: , so check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for more Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Mabon Version

→ Thursday, October 6

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

→ Friday, October 7 at 8:00 AM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the first of two live healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle housed in the Energy Exchange Category, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: October 2022

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

→ Friday, October 7

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Full-Hunter-Moon-Ritual-Spell

→ Sunday, October 9

This week, the skies will flourish with the beauty of a Full Moon- the moon of October is called the Full Hunter’s Moon :bow_and_arrow: . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full hunter’s Moon Ritual Page . Compliment the autumn harvest with the strength of the mighty hunter. This moon calls on you to release harmful habits and draw in positivty before the upcoming Witch’s New Year and the cold of winter arrives :evergreen_tree:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Handwritten Magick :fountain_pen:

Handwritten Writing Challenge Spells8

This challenge will close on Tuesday, October 4th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 14th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XX - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Monday, October 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Monday, October 31st .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Monday, October 31st.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@linda17, @kimberly62, @kaitlyn11, @mytrice, @kendria, @tracy17, @jody4, @Kenyetta50, @martin1, @cameron1, @crystal54, @jamie29, @angel28, @victor1, @mary46, @felicia9, @keri5, @ashley73, @brittany51, @shelly6, @florianna, @jessica121, @michaelle, @gary3, @Hedydd, @harley5, @sandra17, @morgan20, @ashley74, @felicia10, @christine24, @jesse3, @charity10, @kate7, @katelyn1, @pam4, @samantha79, @gabrielle11, @Lisset, @tabatha2, @selene, @cera, @ASHLEY.HPs, @jackie7, @angie6, @gerliebeth3, @jackie8, @jennifer114, @janai, @becky7, @Ragamonster, @joanna9, @mary47, @kristen, @claire8, @taylor30, @sara26, @christina49, @montana-marie, @kimberly63, @anabelfae, @eric6, @colton, @skylar1, @christine25, @kelly32, @connie1, @sara27, @bridgette1, @marianne7, @ravenmoon, @robin12, @christy13, @joy8, @rebecca35, @mautia, @laura43, @InvisibleForce, @jessica122, @aurora00, @ashley76, @malissa1, @marta4, @ao1, @zechariah, @melinda7, @megan36, @denise9, @melissa55, @erin19, @kayle, @carlee1, @melody4, @heather74, @kimberly64, @lakeshia, @TayBay94, @mengly, @chances, @mark5, @klara, @rebecca36, @lindsey10, @tammy19, @cynthia23, @marlena, @sharice, @sabrina15, @lauren26, @Golden_Phoenix, @brandy15, @bobbi3, @samantha15, @BethanyCaroline, @Francessca, @nathaniel1

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @marsha - for giving out the most hearts and sharing the most posts, on a two-week streak! :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

Every month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members consistently, day after day over the course of the entire month receives a Community Shout-Out. There are no limits to how many users can receive this shout-out each month.

For September, 2022:

• @Marsha - for writing Zodiac-enhanced messages on birthdays and for welcoming all new members in their introductory posts

• @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

Note : Those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Blessed Full Moon! :tada: Will you be working any magick under the light of the moon this week? :full_moon: Is your spooky season off to a good start? :jack_o_lantern:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :bow_and_arrow: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Congratulations to @marsha! Whoot! You’re awesome! And thanks for the mention, Bry! I just try to help newbies like I was helped, you know?

I’m about to go to the doctor, just wanted to pop in and say hi! I’m first this week. LOL!

Seriously though, I’ll catch up this afternoon after my doctor’s appointment. We’ll see how my leg is doing after two weeks of not seeing Dr. O. Then I have a phone appointment followed by a nursing appointment so that makes up for a busy day!

As for the full Moon, it’s Sally’s birthday so I’m making her that good luck/good fortune jar as part of her birthday present. So that’ll take my time up on the full moon. I also want to write my own Samhain ritual, so I need to reread the books I’ve got on the holiday for some ideas. So I’ve got a lot going on.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

12 Likes

Congrats @marsha and @Amethyst and Welcome to all of the new Coven members!

I’m in full fall mode, loving the changing of the leaves in New England and living slow and enjoying the dogs and family/friends while I start cooking and eating fall recipes! It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! :fallen_leaf:

12 Likes

Congrats, @marsha and @Amethyst! You both make this forum such a loving place.

I don’t have much going on this week besides work. I plan to create/adjust my daily routines to include more spiritual practices. I am also beginning my research into Samhain rituals.

I hope everyone has a great week!!

11 Likes

I’m late to the party today! However, it was the Monday of all Mondays here too. :laughing: I managed to spill coffee in my cup holder while it was in a travel mug :woman_shrugging:

However, I know that October :jack_o_lantern: & the season is about letting go & today I feel 100% better than I have for at least a month. So I already know that I have a releasing ritual fire :fire: thing happening if the wind :wind_face: : ever slows down here :rofl:

Congratulations to @marsha for the most hearts & posts & the community shout out!

Congratulations to @Amethyst for the community shout-out also!

Both of you add so much to the coven & community. Thank you for all that you do! :revolving_hearts:

:tada: :confetti_ball: :star_struck:

I had my first appointment this morning for this week & then I have one on Thursday at the dentist’s, but that should be it. I’m working on just starting from scratch with my morning flow because trying to do it on the fly isn’t working well & since I’ve processed & gone through what I need to so I can move forward, it seems appropriate too.

I hope everyone has a great week! @jan_TheGreenWitch the leaves turning is gorgeous this time of year, I used to love to go to NH into the mountains to see them this time of year too.

@Amethyst I hope your appointment went well for you! & that’s a good present for a full moon birthday! :heart:

@Amaris_Bane we sound similar :thinking: I’m reworking everything to include the things I used to do regularly for my practice too! Seriously starting from scratch… the last month maybe about 6 weeks has been a doozie for me. I hope you find a nice rhythm too! :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Thanks, @jan_TheGreenWitch, @Amaris_Bane, and @Susurrus! I appreciate the appreciation. LOL!

Siofra, sorry Monday was so Monday for you. My doctor’s appointment went great so I’m in a pretty good mood.

Hope everyone else is doing well! @jan_TheGreenWitch keep up the good healing!

8 Likes

Of course you are! :rofl: I just found time to be in the forum so I’m last for Monday. That’s okay, though :laughing:

Congratulations! :partying_face: :tada:

Another hooray for you, Marsha! :heart:

I’ll catch up some more tomorrow lol

8 Likes

@Amethyst You do an amazing job of welcoming the new members- thank you for all that you do, Amethyst! :heart: How did your appointment go? I hope everything went well! Wishing a happy birthday to Sally too, it sounds like you’ve got a really awesome gift for her- what an awesome bday present! :full_moon_with_face: :jar: :sparkles:

@jan_TheGreenWitch Cheers to that- it really is the most wonderful time of the year! Enjoy the beautiful autumn scenery and tasty fall treats, Jan! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane I know you said you’ve been very busy with work lately, Amaris- I hope it is all going well! :heart: Enjoy your Samhain research, I hope you can find the perfect rituals for the holiday :candle::sparkles:

@Susurrus Glad to hear things are well (despite being busy- oh, Mondays! :laughing:) and I hope that your next appointment this week goes okay! Enjoy the pretty fall NE weather and the happy autumn vibes! :jack_o_lantern: :heart:

@MeganB It is so good to have you back!!! :heart::people_hugging:

8 Likes

Update to MMM:

The group ritual for this week is now live in the forum! For more details and to read the ritual, please visit the full page by clicking the link and/or picture below:

10-6-2022 Chaos Magick Mad Hatter Day

(Group Ritual - Oct 6) :eight_pointed_black_star: Chaos Magick - We’re All Mad Here!

This ritual, inspired by Mad Hatter Day on October 6th, encourages the caster to let go of trying to wrangle chaos and instead let the natural wild energies help to invigorate and charge you :muscle: :sparkles:

Cheers to the coven- looking forward to sharing a fun cup of chaos with you then!

Blessed be :heart::coffee::tophat:

8 Likes

Yay! @Amethyst and @marsha!

@Amethyst I am happy to here that your appointment went well. And writing your own Samhain ritual sounds intriguing and inspiring. This is the first year that I decorated early. It was fun this year thanks to being a part of this coven.
I hope Sally had a great birthday!!

@jan_TheGreenWitch New England must be beautiful this time of year! Enjoy your cooking and eating and your time with family/friends and your dogs. When I think of fall I think of it as receiving a warm hug. It’s all coziness, warm drinks, delicious stews and chilis and sweaters and contentedness. May this fall be like the biggest warm hug you can get!

@Amaris_Bane have a great spiritual filled week!

[quote=“Siofra_Strega, post:6, topic:28645”]
I managed to spill coffee in my cup holder while it was in a travel mug
[/quote] teeheehee- sounds like we may be sisters. Lol. @Susurrus m, I hope your week gets better and better!

I am hoping that this week I don’t have to work 12 hr days like last week. It seems like I am getting ahead of the double workload that landed in my lap a week and a half ago. I am excited for the challenge, :grimacing:I just don’t like not knowing what the issues are. I prefer to know before they blow up in my face.:exploding_head:.

Being newish to witchcraft and, at times, somewhat slow on the uptake, I realized the other day that Samhain is a new year for witches. There has been this spread that is long and involved and is best for an annual spread that I have wanted to do for months but was waiting for the new year. Now I am not waiting for January because it makes sense to do it in October. It may become part of my yearly Samhain routine. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Have a blessed week everyone!!!

9 Likes

Oh, I have been down that road, I hope they keep to 8 hours for you & my son was in that boat last winter when he treated & plowed the roads. They just rented the guys hotel rooms to go back to for breaks every so many hours or sleep for an hour over the weekend we had a storm.

If yesterday could have been anymore Monday for me, I think I would have just gone to bed & started over :rofl:

7 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: To clarify, I am doing it to myself. I was given a 2nd office to run and I need to see where everything is at. They said they expected that within a month I would be up to speed. I am trying to get it done in 2 weeks. I would rather work hard for a couple of weeks and feel like I am organized at the end of it. I hate feeling things are up in the air.
My tarot cards are encouraging balance. I have told them by this Wednesday I will focus on that. Having said that I didn’t work this weekend so I feel like that was a good start. :slight_smile:

Yikes! For your son. I am so grateful to have tombe roads plowed and treated but that sounds like at a high cost to the individual!!

8 Likes

Thanks, @MeganB! You’re so sweet! Hope things go better for you today, I get the feeling that Monday was chaotic for you.

It went great, thank goodness! My skin bridges have grown and the doctor was really pleased. So I’m happy! LOL!

Sally’s birthday is Sunday which is the full moon so I’ll make her jar then. It should make it super energized!

It’s me not finding what I want to say in books, you know? I’m weird that way. LOL! I don’t know if I’ll do a special circle casting and everything or do my usual. We’ll see what I get up to.

And thank you for yaying me! LOL!

Eek. That sounds terrible. I hope things calm down for you!

9 Likes

It can be, his partner & he got along really well & made it fun… like their own little karaoke session while plowing & treating to like Katy Perry & songs like hers :rofl: He does get a check from the state for doing the main roads in the different places. In the end, the employees that went through snow storms and cleared roads get 3 days off in a row to rest & come back to work for their regular positions too. So it is, but the company & state compensate for it pretty well.

I am the same way, I’d rather go through the tough part to be setup properly going forward. I’m not a good up in the air type of person either :laughing:

8 Likes

I am going to add a little helper to this from my Wild Moon: Lunar Phase Deck from Tamed Wild:

11 Likes

Congrats @Marsha and @Amethyst! Also warm welcomes to the new members!
Finally October is here and I cannot wait for all things pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: and walks in the nature that is filled with autumn colors :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:. The weather is getting colder and I can’t wait for hot beverages and soups! :teapot: :tea:
Actually this week is quite eventful, uni lessons just began and I have to choose what classes to attend :smiling_face_with_tear: and on Thursday I have my first Italian lesson :pinched_fingers:t3: :pizza:, a language I wanted to learn for sooo long. I also hope to go for a picnic on Sunday if there is no rain.

And since today is the World Animal Day here is my chonky devil potato Elvis

11 Likes

Awww!!! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: He looks just like my Bender!

And of course, I have to share my other animals!!

Lord Nibbler, or Nibs, is my judgy familiar.

Then I have my goofball pit bulls (or pibbles).

My baby boy Cobalt (who we just learned is going blind). AKA as Goober, Coby.

And lastly, Wilson. AKA OG, Ol’ Man.

12 Likes

World Animal Day?! I was just thinking that I needed to get all of my scaley friends :snake: out and take their picture lol we now have a total of 6 in the house! Five of them are mine and my fiancé’s and one of them is my brother’s.

9 Likes

Amaris Bane
These are some really great pics!I just :heart: them all ! What cute characters! Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Jeannie

10 Likes