Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! April 5th 💮

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Here’s a peek at what’s in store for this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, April 8th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 9th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post .

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Sunday, April 11th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:!

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Animal Magick :paw_prints:

This challenge will close Tuesday, April 6th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales :paw_prints:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :rainbow: April Insight

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, April 14th

Happy divining! :crystal_ball:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 7th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@skylar2, @crystal20, @audre, @eileen, @rahiem, @sarah30, @tori2, @amber21, @florianb, @amanda34, @amber22, @hecatedivine, @Mouse, @anna11, @kacper, @robert2, @heather29, @cathy, @vivi, @kandy, @helen2, @joy4, @francisco1, @Seojung95, @IrisW, @alaina, @judy3, @kathy2, @hope3, @Liisa, @kristina6, @annabelle1, @rosemary, @amber23, @alacia, @anjelica, @ianread, @jennifer47, @rocio, @trae, @courtney7, @elise, @shelia, @jasmine8, @sharon12, @christina12, @julie15, @tammy10, @Freya, @drew, @chantie, @SpringEcho

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-outs :mega:

• Great job to @Garnet for writing the most posts in the forum over the past week! :writing_hand: Thank you for sharing both your warm heart and kind wisdom with the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Lots of love back to @Rowan for giving the most likes- on a two-week streak! :heart: We are blessed to enjoy your positivity and creative talents :hugs:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Will you be planning some New Moon Magick or taking a witchy break? :new_moon: Are there any fun things- magickal or mundane- coming your way this week? :blush:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

May the seeds of prosperity, joy and gratitude bloom bountifully for you this week

Blessed be! :white_flower:

5 Likes

Congratulations @Garnet, @Rowan for sharing your love!

As for me, I’m planning an easy week. I’ve got no reason to go out and as far as I know, no one coming in to work on the apartment. So I’m hoping to have free time to read. I’ve got a cat fountain coming on the UPS truck for me to put together for Max. Since I’ve had the leak in the sink fixed he isn’t getting enough water, so I hope that helps. I hope I can put the darn thing together. LOL.

That’s about all I have planned for this week. Wild and crazy, eh? LOL. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

3 Likes

Thank you for the shout out, @BryWisteria . :blush:
This week I don’t have too much planned, like @Amethyst I don’t have to go out anywhere nor is anyone expected over. Today I’m going to get my weekly witchy challenge in and finish my room, then I might dive into organizing my BOS a bit. And deciding on my new book to read.
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, and a special shout-out to @Susurrus for the beautiful gifts. :heart:
Hope everyone has an easy week with abundance abound.
Blessed Be,

4 Likes

Congratulations @Garnet & @Rowan! Great job ladies.

I sort of unplugged for a few days, I popped on but that was about it & I only checked my messages after a few or more hours. I spent a lot of human interaction time since last Thursday. It was nice & it felt good.

I did get my 3 new books this weekend. A guide to Astrology & Llewelyn’s Spell A Day Almanac 2021, & Scott Cunnigham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. I’m very excited about having those & I can’t wait to start reading the Astrology book.

I had a couple of resin project orders that I have been working on. Since they have more than 1 layer, it takes a day or 2 to get them poured & then to fully cure. I love doing the ocean effect on things & had a friend of mine order 2 bookmarks with mermaid tails in ocean effect & 1 of my son’s friends wanted a tray & herb grinder with the ocean theme. So those have kept me busy as well.

Once I have my new crystal turtles I will post a picture of them to my :paw_prints: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales entry that I posted.

I had a good weekend, Saturday was my husband’s birthday along with @Rowan! We stayed in the neighborhood but got some things done around the house & yard.

This week I have an appointment for PT Wednesday morning & Thursday I get my Botox for migraines from my neurologist. So not too busy & I should be able to have some downtime.

I have new crystals from a Live Show coming this week too (Embodii Crystals on FB)! I always get so excited about crystals & I also have a printer’s drawer to hang up on my wall & display the smaller crystals. I have some in my rock tumbler going too, they are in the polishing stages. They look good so far! I will post a picture when they come out & are all cleaned off to be given or displayed.

I hope everyone had a great weekend & holiday. I also wish everyone a great week! I am looking forward to the Group Tea this Thursday! I missed last week during my unplugging. Have a great day everyone!

4 Likes

It sounds like a very relaxing week ahead for you, @Amethyst :blush: You must be thrilled for a break in the construction and apartment checks- it’s been so busy for you lately! I am sure Max will appreciate the kitty fountain. Good luck putting it together :fountain: :cat: Have a blessed week! :heart:

The shout-out is well deserved, @Rowan! Thank you again for the light and love that you bring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy your spellwork, BOS organizing, and reading! Hope you have a blessed week as well :sparkling_heart:

It sounds like you’ve been doing well- glad to hear it, @Susurrus! :heart: I hope the good feelings and positive energy continue for you through the week. It sounds like you may be busy with your resin projects! Wishing you the best of luck with them- have fun! :raised_hands:

Things are very low-key here in Warsaw- there’s a post-holiday hush and a country-wide lockdown keeping things pretty quiet. We did get some very late snowflakes this morning but luckily they melted as they hit the ground :snowflake: :sweat_smile:

Wishing everyone a wonderful week! Blessed be :hugs:

4 Likes

I got it together and working finally! I thought I had broken it but it’s there, watering away. Of course, he would get up to go to the kitchen while I was in the bathroom, so I missed his first sight of it. But it’s going well, thank goodness!

I know it’s hard but I’m glad y’all are still in lockdown. We’ve mostly come out of it here in the States and people are going freaking crazy. Going to bars and not socially distancing, spring break, going to Disneyworld, and freaking out over a simple temperature check. It’s nuts! And not in a good way.

4 Likes

Nice job, @Amethyst! Mission success with the Kitty fountain :sunglasses: :+1: Enjoy, Max! :cat:

And goodness, I thought lockdown was bad- that sounds like a nightmare! :scream: Unfortunately there’s been lots of pushback here as well, not to mention that vaccine rollout has been very slow. It’s been a long and tough struggle, but I’ve still got my fingers crossed things will work out and we’ll somehow be able to travel around safely later this year! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.