Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 18 - 24 šŸŒŒ

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about exciting events in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Hereā€™s what happening this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, April 21st - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Magick Meditation Ritual Ostara Version

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 22nd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Celestial Event: Meteor Shower :comet:] ]

The Lyrid Meteor Shower is one of the oldest known meteor showers and it occurs every year in mid to late April.

This year, the shower will peak on the night of Friday, April 22nd. However, even if you canā€™t catch the show that night, no worries! The meteors will continue to grace the sky until late next week.

You can learn more at EarthSky: 2022 Lyrid Meteor Shower: Everything you need to know

Picture from EarthSky

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

On Saturday, April 23rd , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide :last_quarter_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for a Sabbat on Sunday, May 1st .

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Beltane :fire:

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Samhain :skull:

Witches-New-Year-Samhain-360x240

Look for celebration suggestions and more holiday info in next weekā€™s Merry Meet Monday!

You can also explore the Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Catch-Up :clock4:

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

This challenge will close on Tuesday, April 19th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up :clock4:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVI (Mar 25 - Apr 22)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, April 22nd .

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Readerā€™s discussion thread:

ā†’ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XV - Readersā€™ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Saturday, April 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighidā€™s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@shauna2, @angela3, @amanda63, @mandy11, @kayla25, @kaleigh, @heather53, @joe1, @michelle50, @marianna1, @lynn3, @rylee1, @monica9, @clarice, @tarina, @kayleigh1, @leanna2, @moth, @Aria, @carrie4, @lex, @tricia, @rachel31, @david9, @tammy14, @kathryn19, @starlyn1, @juicy1, @terri5, @JustChris, @carisa, @lottie, @jason4, @claire6, @cambrya, @shaikh, @caleb2, @carla7, @emma24, @hayley5, @lisa51, @zach, @heather54, @thomson, @patricia19, @devon1, @victoria34, @megan25, @karrie, @becfky, @angelica4, @janell6, @shauna3, @shannon2, @ariel4, @martje, @kelly23, @cynthia16, @juniper1, @Aryana, @viviana1, @summer7, @victoria35, @jennifer14, @lakeyda, @daiga, @katie16, @jeannie4, @samantha61, @tammy15, @amber45, @brenna2, @heather55, @jessica97, @Densley.Ciao, @katy5, @melissa36, @cheryl7, @laura34, @crystal38, @eric2, @jada3, @hugo, @sue1, @luka, @victoria36, @dieubeny, @joann2, @cheyenne4

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @TheMuslimWitch- for sharing the most posts over the past seven days :writing_hand:

• @Rachel21- for giving out the most hearts, on a three-week streak! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @Rachel21 will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

A last quarter moon and meteor shower- will you be working any moon magick or exploring astrology this week? :milky_way:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Happy Monday, friends! :partying_face: :tada:

Congrats to both @BryWisteria and @rachel21 for being awesome and sharing with us here in the forum :heart:

8 Likes

Merry Meet Monday Witches :infinite_roots:
Congrats to @rachel21 and @TheMuslimWitch for sharing and spreading the love.
Iā€™m intending this week to be much more positive and productive than last week. Iā€™m a bit disappointed in myself due to not really doing anything (other than making my moon water using ocean water I had gathered a week or so ago, and using the Pink Moon meditation healing vibration tones I found on YT), I just didnā€™t have the energy and my mindset wasnā€™t too positive either.
But Iā€™m forgiving of myself, thatā€™s what mattersā€¦right? :wink:
This week I plan to be gentle with myself as I try to process, reassess, and begin again.
Have a Bless-ed Week Everyone,
Rowan

8 Likes

Hey, donā€™t worry about it. We donā€™t need to do something for every full moon, especially if we canā€™t. Just do what you can when you feel the need and donā€™t feel guilty about it :blush: Be gentle with yourself, as you said. Thatā€™s always a good idea!

6 Likes

Happy Monday all!

And congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch and @rachel21 for the good work you all put in on the community! Thank you, ladies!

Thatā€™s what matters Rowan. No one has the energy to do something every moon, but you get back up and get back to it, thatā€™s what counts. I didnā€™t do much myself, still getting over this darn cough and cold. I hope this month is kinder to you!

So Iā€™m just back from the doctorā€™s and my leg is looking much better, which is good. Iā€™m very much relieved itā€™s finally getting better. It itches like mad but I donā€™t dare touch it.

My cold is getting better too, thank goodness.

Iā€™ve got no big plans for this week, other than the Group Ritual and next weekā€™s challenge. Iā€™ve even got my books for book club finished on time, which is great! I feel very accomplished.

Hope you all have a good week!

6 Likes
  • @TheMuslimWitch- for sharing the most posts over the past seven days :writing_hand:
  • @Rachel21- for giving out the most hearts, on a three-week streak! :heart:

Congratulations :clinking_glasses: for sharing so much magic :magic_wand: and love :heart:

7 Likes

Agreed! Sometimes being forgiving of yourself is the most important ā€œtaskā€ to do during the day. Keep on taking good care of yourself, Rowan- have a lovely week! :sparkles:

Iā€™m glad to hear that both your cold and your leg and doing much better- that is wonderful news :heart: And congrats on finishing your books too! :books:

Iā€™m sorry again about your recent loss- you are in my thoughts and prayers, Amethyst. Lots of love coming your way! :revolving_hearts:

Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Tuesday! :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Update to the MMM:
This weekā€™s group meditation ritual is now live in the forum! More information can be found in the ritual post here:

4-21 Earth Day Group Ritual Mother Nature Gaia

(Group Ritual - Apr 21) :earth_americas: Earth Day Ritual

With Earth Day coming up at the end of this week, itā€™s a great time for nature and earth rituals! :earth_americas: Looking forward to growing the love and appreciation with you all in a few days :seedling: :green_heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Thank you hun :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you, my friend. I lit a candle for Max this morning. I thank you all for your kind words.

4 Likes

I have no idea where my head has been but this week I am all off. I thought all day that today was Wednesday. It didnā€™t matter how many times my son or daughter told me otherwise. It has been Wednesday for the last 9 hours. Still the 19th of April thoughā€¦ so figure that one out. Anyway, how I missed the Merry Meet Monday is beyond me tooā€¦ donā€™t know where my head was at yesterday apparently :rofl:

Congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch :tada: & also to @rachel21 :confetti_ball: I hope you enjoy your badge & wear it with pride if you choose to :smiling_face: You are both a shining light in the forum!

@Rowan you will get there & positivity & production will come back as you feel better. Iā€™m happy that you knew you just didnā€™t have the energy for the moon, everyone has those moments too. I know I have. Itā€™s okay to take a moon or 2 off every once in a while. :wink:

@Amethyst Iā€™m happy to hear that you are doing better medically. Again sorry for your loss & the way the vet treated you. I hope his favorite mousie finds a special home with you. :heart:

My daughter has the week off & people are sick but for different reasons, one person is getting a permit to ride a motorcycle, & my daughter is (I think) is interested in witchcraft but itā€™s really out of the blue so Iā€™m not sure if this is a thing or not yet. You really never know with teenagers. I told her to ask any questions about what she wants to do or is thinking of. She has never meditated, but for what she was doing this morning I had her watch the meditation in a moment on youtube & told her to focus on what is was she wanted from the spell she was putting together & think about why she is putting in each ingredient, crystal. I was proud of her. She asked for a cloth, candles, incense, how to do it, crystals, cleansing, she brought out her tarot deck. She asked questions & listened & I let her do it while I gave her the guidance she asked for about it. I told her as things come up she should know about I will let her know. She covered a lot today though, she was attached to me since she woke up until about 4 PM. I was pretty impressed.

Currently Iā€™m taking a break. We have been having a crazy Wind storm here. So for a little while things were wacky with lines & connections & towers. So I guess it was kind of a good day for her to want to learn something today. It beats her being glued to electronics!

6 Likes

Thank you, my friend.

Sorry to hear that sickness is visiting your family but itā€™s so nice to hear your daughter is interested in your path! Hope the winds donā€™t blow down your power lines. Keep safe!

5 Likes

I am sure he is smiling upon you from the warm arms of Bast :candle::cat: :heart:

Oh- thatā€™s sudden yet very exciting news! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If she does choose to follow the path of magick, she is very blessed to have a wonderful and talented witch as her mother there to help her :woman_mage: :two_hearts:

Hope the wind storm has died down and the weather turns nice for you! :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Thank you and i will :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria i love giving out the love! Love being a part of this Coven.

6 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome, @rachel21! :heart: Iā€™m confident when I say that the coven loves you too- youā€™re a blessing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

It was very sudden. I walked into my room & she was likeā€¦ Momā€¦ remember when I went to the stone store & picked out some crystals & asked you to keep them safe. Well, where are they? What do they mean? What do I do with them? So we got through that then a little later I walked in my room & she was standing in front of my space. I asked her if she needed a hair tie (I thought she was using my mirror) then she asked me if she could do some kind of jar spell to help her wake up in the morning. (WHAT!!! Sheā€™s actually taking an interest?!?)

So I went through the cleansing items & that I typically use Sage or Palo Santo if she is home. She wanted to do it, she wanted to use sage, basically, I was just there to say now you do this or whateverā€¦ so we got to the part where I said that she had to focus her intention & which is usually done with some type of meditation or focus.

I told her to focus on why she was putting each ingredient into the jar. (Luckily I have labels on my jars so she knows what each one is for :laughing:) Instead of having her do meditation as I would. I had her do the Meditation in a Moment because I know the meditation is a minute long. But I told her when she is doing the breathing, breathe in waking up refreshed, motivated & breathe out negativity & sluggish feelings. Breathe in refreshing energy & breathe out your morning brain.

I simplified it as much as I could for her. Yesterday we were talking & I took a nap. So afterward, when I realized she was doing a sleep jar while I was napping, I told her that I have some things for her to look at so she has more of an idea. I still have my binders, so I am going to go through them & make up one for her that explains what herbs, crystals, candles & their colors, and incense scents. A mini BOS of sorts so she isnā€™t just all willy-nilly doing things. I also had her save the Meditation in a Moment & may have her do beginner meditations from Spells8 with me or for crystals.

She has a little collection. If I had extras of some I gave her some of her own pieces of common crystals & a couple of bars of Selenite. Currently, she is using my very first altar cloth as her own. She has 2 candle holders, an incense burner, and one candle of each color.

I told her I would get her some of her own things if this is something that she is going to do, but if she decides that it isnā€™t for her, I can always use candles & such.

9 Likes

@Siofra Oh, thatā€™s is so awesome being able to share that with your daughter :heart_eyes:. Itā€™s always so nice to find things you can share with your kids. Even if she doesnā€™t stick with it there will be great memories of giving it a try together. I have two adult boys who just kind of look at me with that, ā€˜sheā€™s being silly againā€™ look. I donā€™t think they will be jumping in any time soon. They call it my ā€˜witchy stuffā€™ now. But not in a bad way, they say it with a smile.

6 Likes

:smiling_face: my husband calls it my witchiness or witchy stuff, in the same way, he also made my athame for the Morrigan, a pentacle chandelier with 5 little cauldrons hanging from each point that I use by my fire pit. My boys, one says that I am pagan & has his interest in astrology & Norse mythology right now & kind of keeping to himself. The other says that I am doing my thing & will come home with things he finds that he knows I may have a use for, like bottles that he found buried on a job site they were excavating. My daughter has an interest now, but she usually calls it me being witchy or me doing my thing. Iā€™m enjoying it, but it was sudden & has since, died downā€¦ so Iā€™m just enjoying the now & seeing how it plays out. :hugs:

6 Likes