Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 25 - May 1 ⚫

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about exciting events in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s what happening this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, April 28th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Magick Meditation Ritual Ostara Version

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 29th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon ) on Saturday, April 30th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

This week’s New Moon is extra special as it is a Black Moon :black_circle: A Black Moon refers to the second new moon within a month. As there was already a new moon on the 1st of the month, this week’s moon is the second within April.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Celestial Event: Solar Eclipse :sun_with_face: ] ]

Saturday, April 30th is absolutely loaded- in addition to being both a New Moon and Black Moon, it is also a partial Solar Eclipse! :sun_with_face:

Solar eclipses happen when the new moon passes in front of the face of the sun from Earth’s perspective. (Never look at the sun directly with your eyes; instead, follow the safety guide later in this article to help you.)

Partial solar eclipses occur when the moon blocks only a portion of the solar disk. In this case, roughly 64% of the sun’s disk will be blotted out at most, according to NASA. The amount will vary depending on your viewing location.

From Space .com: Partial Solar Eclipse of April 2022

Learn about the complications of magick during a Solar Eclipse as well as a special Divination Ritual for the Eclipse on the Solar Eclipse page on Spells8:

Eclipse-Magic-Spell-Ritual-360x240

[ [ Witchy Holiday: Sabbat :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Get ready to enjoy a fun pagan holiday on Sunday, May 1st!

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will enjoy the may day festivities of Beltane :ribbon:

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the autumnal celebration of Samhain :skull:

Witches-New-Year-Samhain-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Click on the pictures and links above for more information and ways to celebrate!

For all celebrations, feel free to share your altar decorations, crafting, celebrations and more in Beltane 2022 :pregnant_person: Coven Celebrations

You can also visit the Wheel of the Year page to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magickal Energy :hotsprings:

Energy Work Witch Challenge Channeling Auras

This challenge will close on Tuesday, April 26th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Energy Work :hotsprings:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Sixteenth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

:memo: Spells8 Book Club XVI - Readers’ Reviews!

The next reading session of Book Club will begin on Friday, April 29th - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Saturday, April 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@sarah55, @PixieDust, @rochelle3, @amy57, @mary40, @isaiah2, @melissa38, @adrienne4, @kari4, @kerry6, @poonam1, @heather56, @malu, @shannon21, @donyell, @tera3, @lakeydra, @lisa52, @willa, @pamela16, @tracylynn, @pauline3, @stephanie48, @manuel, @melissa39, @EllaTrick, @tabitha3, @Cobragirl0104, @phylicia1, @amanda64, @jaclyn4, @lynsey2, @amanda65432022, @samanta1, @carmen5, @tyler4, @clorista, @chandrika, @linda13, @Ginger92, @chloe10, @nicole42, @janell7, @khara, @DeAnne, @golden, @morgan16, @katherine16, @martha2, @leilanimoon, @jessica98, @Wesee, @ariana6, @adria1, @Subietech81, @andrea39, @misty9, @tommy, @vickie, @madison12, @shaina1, @kayla26, @rachel4, @monea, @roxelle, @tina17, @andreea2, @anna20, @kenneth1, @laura35, @trevor2, @penny2, @lauren18, @preciosa, @kelly24, @catherine8, @shawnta1, @alisha7, @kirsty2

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Garnet - for sharing the most posts over the past seven days :writing_hand:

• @LadyFireCancer - for giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

istockphoto-1043476226-612x612
Picture from iStock: Walpurgis Night

A New Moon, Black Moon, and Solar Eclipse- all on the “Halloween” of April!?! :star_struck: It’s a witch’s dream come true- so, what are you going to do? :mage:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :black_circle: :sparkles:

19 Likes

Congrats ladies. Keep up the good work and love seeing you guys on the forum! :heartpulse: :hugs:

11 Likes

For us Muslims the end of the holy month of Ramadan also finishes when the new moon is visible which from my research it it on Monday 1st May 2022 @6:28am as the following day is Eid! This is a very magickal time indeed with the partial solar eclipse and the 2nd new moon and also is a black moon… I suggest we all get our magickal side working i can feel great things coming! Thanks @BryWisteria love these weekly posts/updates… Wouldn’t be the witch i am without your efforts :hugs: :heartpulse:

14 Likes

Congrats to @Garnet and @LadyFireCancer for their work with the forum! You ladies rock!

I’ve got a doctor’s appointment this morning to check out my second skin graft. I hope it’s going well. I’m looking forward to the New Moon and Sabbat this weekend! Other than that, I’m doing okay. Not great, but I’ll get there.

Hope you all have a good week!

11 Likes

:smiley: Merry Meet Monday Witches! Congrats to @Garnet and @LadyFireCancer Way to Go!!!
@Amethyst Well Wishes and Positive Energy sent your way for your doctor appt today.
I am looking forward to the Wild Moon Energy this week and Beltane, not sure what I will do yet for either but I’ll figure it out.
After the last few weeks of heaviness, this week is going to be a lot lighter I have decided. I made a tough decision a few days ago in relation to my Handfasting Ceremony that was to take place on June 25th. With everything that had hit me in the face the past few weeks, including the current state of our country/world with the crazy inflation, gas prices, and food shortages; We have moved the date to OCTOBER 31, 2022 (Samhain) @3:30 pm.
It is a bit disappointing, but it just makes more sense and allows for situations mentioned to improve and not be as significant as a stressor as they are now. I was going through my wedding plans and I kept crossing things off that I wanted to have or do to try to lessen the stress of financial impact. It made it where when I would think about the wedding I wasn’t filled with excitement and happy gittiness as before, but more so disappointment because I had removed items or plans. So the other day, I was just at a place within my mind and heart to say, “I am not removing anything, I’ll just move the date.” I talked to Tim and he agreed. Not to mention October will be a bit cooler here in SC not too cold but not smoldering hot either so making it more comfortable for all involved. Also, could the new date be anymore exciting??? :wink:
I just have to re order invites, but the last ones only cost about 20 dollars so that’s not too big of a loss.
In other news…Both my daughters have been applying for jobs and having interviews but nothing so far has came through for them. Hopefully this week changes that.
Other issues I’m working through are tough but I know I have the strength to see them through with the best possible outcome even if it’s just realization and a peaceful mind.
Bless-ed Be :infinite_roots:,
Rowan

11 Likes

Congratulations to @Garnet & @LadyFireCancer the forum is lucky to have both of you ladies! :partying_face: :heart:

@Amethyst I’m wishing you well & that the skin graft is progressing as it should with no complications.

@Rowan you need to do what is best for you & Tim, but also keep the excitement & giddiness of the progress that you have made to come to this part of your journey. You will make it through & things will lighten as they play out on their own. I hope the girls have some good news coming this week with all of their efforts over the past couple of weeks.

@TheMuslimWitch - Samhain is one of my favorite times of the year, I hope you get to celebrate it the best way possible for your practice.

As for me, after the school vacation week :flushed: & other events at the end of the week, I’m focusing on getting back into my groove for the week. I have a few things to do around the house & get caught up on plus some obligatory emails regarding my mother’s estate to get to this morning. Then I am going to be working on my Tuesday Rune post which will be Ehwaz :ehwaz: this week & also happens to be the rune I drew for today. I’m hoping to keep trusting that things are in motion to work out & watch for repeating patterns to break the cycle so the lesson is learned. :smiling_face:

I have 2 appointments this week, so I’m happy about that because I don’t think I’m ready for 1 appointment a week. I tried it for 2 weeks & things just got too… chaotic by the end of the week & I was holding things back. I can’t do that because that is my default setting & we are trying to retrain my brain to release things & process them… not suppress them. :smile:

12 Likes

Thank You everyone for recognition of the many exciting posts.
Garnet

12 Likes

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Sending healing vibes and big hugs your way!!

9 Likes

Thank you everyone !! Sending positive vibes and hugs to everyone!!

9 Likes

Beltane is already upon us! Need to clean off my altar and start decorating. I have a lot of points saved up, so I’m thinking of buying this dragon statue to represent the lunar dragon/dragon goddess to compliment the dragon night light that I have.

Image from Amazon

I’ve also had my eye on this dragon dish for a while. Perfect place to put my offerings!

Image from Amazon

12 Likes

Congratulations to @Garnet and @LadyFireCancer :partying_face: Thank you both for sharing so much love!
:heart:

9 Likes

Thank you, my dear. It went okay! Sorry to hear you’ve had to move your handfasting but just think of the different costumes you can have at your handfasting!

Eh, this one didn’t take as well. I have to go back next week. But that’s okay, I’ll deal.

Thanks, hon! Hope you’re having a great day!

10 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch So many exciting things happening all at once- wishing you a very happy and blessed end to Ramadan! :blush: And it’s my pleasure with the weekly news updates- I’m glad if they are helpful for you :heart:

@Amethyst I hope the doctor’s appointment went well for you, Amethyst! And I hope your week gets better and better as the days go by. Sending big hugs :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

@Rowan I’m sure it was a difficult decision to change the date, but if it helped to take off a load of stress so you can relax and breathe easier, then I say it was a good decision :+1: And how cool to have your ceremony on Samhain! :star_struck: Wishing you and your daughters all the best- may their job search be successful! :raised_hands:

@Susurrus I hope you’re able to find your groove and have a nice week, Siofra- wishing you all the best with your appointments! I pray that this week is much less chaotic for you and that everything goes well and smooth :blush: Good luck!

@Garnet Thank YOU for all you do, Garnet! :two_hearts:

@LadyFireCancer Many thanks back to you, too- more hugs coming your way! :people_hugging: :blush:

@Kasandra Ohhhh those statues are gorgeous- the first one is so elegant and graceful, and the second one is really cool- the skull carving is such a creative dish for offerings! :star_struck: :dragon_face:

I hope everyone’s week is off to a great start! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Update to the MMM:
This week’s group meditation ritual is now live in the forum! More information can be found in the ritual post here:

4-28 Coven Celebrations Moons Sabbats

(Group Ritual - Apr 28) :confetti_ball: Coven Celebrations

There are a ton of witchy festivities going on this week:

So this week’s group ritual is a celebration of everything! :partying_face: Looking forward to enjoying the positivity and excitement with you on Thursday :blush:

Cheers, Infinite Roots! :clinking_glasses: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Thanks, hon! My graft didn’t take quite as well so I have to go back next week. Whomp-whomp. Oh well, it’ll be different going out in the late afternoon. I’m getting better, slowly. I’ll get there yet. Thanks for the concern!

10 Likes

Oh, a Black Moon! :new_moon_with_face: I didn’t know there could be two new moons in a month! But I see the last new moon was April 1.

9 Likes

Congratulations @Garnet for sharing the most post this past week.
Congratulations @LadyFireCancer for all the love given to the coven this past week.
Way to go ladies ! :heart: :pentacle_tarot: :black_cat:

10 Likes

Merry Meet Everyone.

So glad to be back and I missed you all. Tax Season is over for me for another year, Yeah !!!

9 Likes