Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! (Jan 9 - 15) 🌜

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual Meditation 2022 Yule Version

→ Thursday, January 12

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

freebie friday
Picture from Pexels

→ Friday, January 13

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

→ Sunday, January 15

Later this week we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

This moon phase is part of the Waning Cycle :arrow_double_down: , so check out the Waning Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for news and information about witchy happenings delivered to your email inbox three times a week, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Time Magick :watch:

Time Magick Witch Challenge Spells8

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, January 10 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 27 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXIII - Readers’ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, January 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Tuesday, January 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

Fun in the Forum MMM

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members! Here are a few current activity discussions run by coven members where participation is warmly encouraged.

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@rachel51 - @JypsyTP - @alexandria6 - @irina1 - @smiles1 - @tera4 - @Soul2Show - @crystal62 - @lisa67 - @ashley91 - @Misplacedlife - @amanda98 - @katherine24 - @shayla7 - @MarissaHerneHollow - @cara7 - @angel30 - @michelle78 - @Felicia97 - @jessica132 - @ellie1 - @heavenleigh1 - @jennifer134 - @teresa12 - @angelica8 - @amanda99 - @phillip2 - @SophiaInTheChaos - @jaime13 - @jolynns - @lieke - @roy2 - @kate10 - @tamara69 - @becky9 - @suncon62 - @lilysmiles - @brianna2 - @theresa13 - @lisa68 - @jillian10 - @ashley92 - @kucsera1 - @megara - @danielle42 - @Aurora_Hestia - @sarah93 - @Nyxie_Rose - @elin2 - @kira2 - @sarah94 - @shannon35 - @dawn5 - @amy77 - @archana - @april35 - @katricia - @taryn2 - @paula9 - @carys - @morgan6 - @claire12 - @caitlin10 - @christina1 - @victoria46 - @jessica133 - @taylor34 - @Lori-K - @marlena1 - @kerri5 - @brandon8 - @alexandra19 - @gloria5 - @julianne - @victoria47 - @Hazel_Rae - @brandy23 - @natasha2 - @Earthy_Eclectic79 - @brandy24 - @laura46 - @diane9 - @heather84 - @miranda11 - @viktoriia - @shelley4 - @alisha14 - @damiana1 - @maureen1 - @elizabeth50 - @ivy6 - @danielle43 - @lihnda - @amery - @sandy3 - @rhoda - @lillian4

If you haven’t already, please feel free to say hello by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @Solasta_Amore - for giving out the most hearts and sharing the most posts (an a two-week shout-out streak!) :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:medal_sports: Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period. Those who have won the badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

How are you feeling after last week’s full moon? Will you be taking a rest this week, or will you work more moon magick for the Waning Moon? :waning_gibbous_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :last_quarter_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Good morning and happy Monday everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I have such a full week ahead of me – appointments, lessons, and lots of family stuff. I’m gonna be a busy bee :honeybee: this week and hopefully I can find some time to breathe.

@Solasta_Amore – Congratulations on the shout-out! You definitely deserve it :revolving_hearts: I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and seeing you around the forum. Cheers to many more days!

10 Likes

Thank you @MeganB and @BryWisteria for giving me a shout-out!! :face_holding_back_tears: I am soo glad that I was able to gain your love and appreciation, my lovely witches! Thank you to every single person here in the forum! As you ALL are my inspiration!! Love you and blessed be till infinity! :kissing_heart: :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Happy Monday folks!

Congratulations @Solasta_Amore! You’ve brought light and laughter to the group! Thanks for all that you’re doing!

No doctor’s appointment for me this week, I’m just late posting because I was adulting. I had a list of phone calls a mile long I needed to make. Pfft.

Nothing much going on for me this week, the only appointment I have is coming to the apartment for my worker services. Hopefully, that will go well. I always get nervous about those types of things. And this is the first time since the pandemic started that they’re coming to visit so that makes me even more nervous.

But it’ll be okay. I’ve got this!

Hope you all are having a good week!

10 Likes

haha none for you this week but I’ve got one every single day this week for every member of my family :laughing: so I mean, we traded places.

9 Likes

Congrats :partying_face: Thank you for sharing so much love and wisdom with us! You are a blessing and I enjoy reading your posts! :hugs:

With gratitude :pray: always

8 Likes

Way to go, @Solasta_Amore! I have to admit, you have been a delight in the forum and you make me smile all the time! Thank you for that!

Not a lot happening in our neck of the woods this week. Everyone is falling back into their schedules. It always makes me a little sad when the holiday season rolls to a close and “real life” takes back over.

A friend of mine recently told me that she refers to this time of year as Hygge Time and spends her energy trying to make her home and family as cozy as possible. It sounds to me like maybe I need to cozy up some spaces!

Eye recovery is going well. I keep going from “this is awesome” to sheer panic because sometimes things are still a little blurry. My eyes seem to be doing the opposite of what the doctor expected. With my lenses, distance vision was supposed to improve greatly (and it has… but sometimes it is still a little blurry) and my up close vision was supposed to suffer. Well… my up close vision is divine. I love being able to read and crochet and see so clearly while I’m working on the computer. It’s amazing… but I’m a little concerned about that distance. I’m almost 2 weeks into recovery, so still plenty of time for everything to settle in and stabalize. I’m eager to see how it all shakes out!

Hope everyone has an amazing week!

10 Likes

Comgratulations :tada: @Solasta_Amore on a 2 week streak too! :confetti_ball: Great job & love what you have shared & the love you spread!

I’m still on the mend, & extremely exhausted today. My presence has been very little bit ive been busy then resting as much as I can today. Im hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow.

I did getvquite a few things done yesterday that were on my witchy to do list, so that feels good! I will most likely be back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow though :smiling_face:

I hope everyone has a great week. I just have my regular Wednesday appointment in the morning & then no others this week! Yay!

9 Likes

I used to relate to this a lot but since I homeschool now, that’s changed quite a bit. We have the luxury to take things easy and do what we can when we can. I’ve heard people describe the time between the Solstice and New Year as a liminal, crazy space that no one really knows what to do with :laughing: so hopefully you fall back into the routine fairly easily.

Oh, I hope that isn’t anything bad! I’ve got my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: for you that it’s nothing to worry about and everything settles into place the way it’s supposed to.

You need all the rest, for sure! :hearts: You’ve been sick for too long (I mean, any sickness lasts for way too long, in my opinion) so I hope you’re resting, taking things easy, and you get on the mend soon!

9 Likes

@meganB, likely not anything bad. Worst case scenario is that I’ll need to wear glasses to drive/distance vision rather than seeing things up close… just the opposite. Olin don’t mind glasses… though it’s been pretty nice not wearing them for 2 weeks! It’s still super early too. I have a check up appointment the end of next week. I’m trying to be patient!

9 Likes

Well that’s not too bad then! Patience is such a hard thing to do :laughing: I feel your pain!

8 Likes

Oh my! Good luck with them all. I hope you come out of them healthy!

Have you talked to your doctor? Maybe he would know. But hey, at least you can read! Glad things are going better for you!

8 Likes

Thank you Amethyst! :pray: :sparkles:

7 Likes

I am so excited for Friday the 13th. I’ve never known why, but I’ve loved it for decades! :black_cat: :skull:

10 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! Good luck!

7 Likes

Thank you sooooo much @Amethyst , @marsha , @AileyGrey and @Susurrus for your warm wishes and soo much love!! It really warms my heart to see you all standing by my side!! :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: I wish all of you a very very positive and happy year ahead of you filled with Love to the brim! :kissing_heart: Dearest, @AileyGrey , I can understand your worries about the unsettling distance vision but hey, I really think you are already doing great…you are Magick after all! :wink: :sparkles: Remember, we all looove you and are there for you anytime!! Also, @Susurrus , that is GREAT that you aren’t busy for the week except wednesday!! You are a darling and I know that you are soon recovering from any sickness you are undergoing. Just be happy and keep spreading your positivity here! Love, blessed be… :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

The full moon last week was really draining for me, probably the most drained i’ve felt. I beleive it may because im now starting to feel a deeper connection as my magickal practice progresses.

Monday was my first day back at work after the holiday period. It always good to fo back and hear all the stories from christmas (I am a primary school teacher so the children have lots of stories to tell!).

Today I am off work as teachers in Scotland are on strike, so my plan is to do another little bit of my scrapbook Grimoire :blush:

9 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity I think part of my drained energy & overwhelming fatigue was exacerbated by the full moon energy. I had no energy for it & was sick but yesterday it all caught up with me & I was quite literally spent. I did go to bed early again last night, or I should say fell asleep early… & have been pretty okay this morning. I do plan on taking it easy today though after yesterday just being completely wiped out.

@Solasta_Amore thank you! I feel like I’m getting better, I just really overdid it yesterday morning & combined with waning energy from the full moon, it all caught up with me in a big way. I’m being good though, taking it easy. I did get to bring my pupper for a ride & actually got him to step foot on the beach while I took a picture! He even wanted to get closer to the water & normally we have to like, put him in the tub, turn on the shower & close the door to get him to stay in there :rofl: It’s not as bad as it sounds, but he definitely looks defeated when it’s time for a bath. & he NEVER wanted anything to do with the beach before this morning.

Luckily my appointment tomorrow is over a Zoom-type of platform. So I don’t even have to leave my house! I can lie down afterward if I need to & I think today I’m going to do that after lunch. Just try to get as much rest in as I can today.

10 Likes

Oh wow. If i was near the beach i would never be away from it. The sea just relaxes and calms me so much. It clears all.of the busy traffic in my head. I have to travel for around 40 miles to get to the coast. This is where i like to go. Tiny little fishing village. Ive never found anywhere as peaceful and mind clearing as this

9 Likes