Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 10 - 16 🧹

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Mabon Version

Thursday, October 13

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, October 14

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Waning Moon :waning_gibbous_moon: ] ]

While there is no major moon phase occurring this week, the moon will grow in the sky as a beautiful Waxing Moon over the coming days :waning_gibbous_moon:

This lunar phase is ideal for works of removal and banishing spells. It symbolizes the closing of a cycle which will eventually give start to a new one. It’s a perfect moment to get rid of everything harmful and all that hurts.

From Spells8: Waning Moon Magick Guide

For more information about this moon phase, as well as spellwork and rituals perfect for the current energies in the air, check out the full Waxing Moon Magick Guide:

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

The next major moon phase will be the upcoming Last Quarter Moon on Monday, October 17th :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Witch Brews & Potions :cauldron:

Witch Brews Potion Making Challenge Spells8

This challenge will close on Tuesday, October 11th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 14th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XX - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Monday, October 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Monday, October 31st .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Monday, October 31st.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members!

Fun in the Forum MMM

Here are a few activity discussions run by coven members where sharing is warmly encouraged!

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@alison9 - @ashley77 - @ashley78 - @david13 - @tabitha10 - @SeleneMorgana - @jessica123 - @latoya2 - @jessenia - @amanda83 - @melanie14 - @rikkilee - @robin13 - @danielle37 - @elizabeth4 - @lyndsay2 - @karen22 - @susan16 - @harley6 - @tanya15 - @charity11 - @rochelle4 - @ChooChee - @joshuajackson - @kathryn24 - @linda18 - @collette1 - @alison10 - @k114 - @amber63 - @kimberly65 - @ajia - @kofi - @korryn - @theresa10 - @dinesh - @kandace - @tonika - @kimberly66 - @angelica6 - @maddison - @marius - @eric7 - @michael14 - @cynthia24 - @Trixie_Thojrne - @angel29 - @victor2 - @dina21 - @leslie10 - @jessica124 - @tristin - @brittany52 - @rebecca37 - @jean5 - @angelique1 - @lys - @garrison - @juliana - @marissa5 - @jennifer116 - @amanda84 - @carly - @bobbie2 - @kathy7 - @elizabeth41 - @troy3 - @crystal55 - @cynthia25 - @samantha80 - @angela15 - @victoria43 - @april30 - @mikey1 - @lorraine - @Catharine - @Isabella13 - @carmen7 - @kayla37 - @leslie11 - @saffron - @teresa11 - @cherrise - @jessie4 - @rachel45 - @madison16 - @michele16 - @daniela2 - @Allij - @carmen8 - @erin20 - @jen9 - @xanthe - @Deo1808 - @wynter - @nicole50 - @michelle71 - @sarah76 - @karrin - @beckie1 - @heather75 - @tara24 - @jennifer117 - @robyn4 - @julia17 - @april31 - @kathleen13 - @kayla38 - @lisa22 - @cynthia26 - @afra1 - @victoria44 - @jennie2 - @connie6 - @jay10 - @kayla39 - @kaitlyn12 - @tamara4

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @marsha - for giving out the most hearts and sharing the most posts, on a three-week streak! :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @marsha will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

October is flying by faster than a witch on their broom- how are you enjoying the season so far? :fallen_leaf: Are you already making plans for the upcoming holiday and Sabbat? :jack_o_lantern:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :broom::sparkles:

14 Likes

Yay for @marsha! That’s great, love! A three-week streak of it too, you go!

Well, I’m going off to the doctor’s this morning. It’s gonna be a long day, I have two appointments at the doctor’s and an appointment to get measured for leg wraps. Hopefully, I’ll get home before naptime. LOL! I hate having my afternoon nap interrupted, puts my whole day off. Just like a toddler! Hee!

I drove my apartment building crazy this past week when I made a roast with lots of garlic. They could smell it down the hall to the lobby! I’m gonna do it again this week when I make stew meat for vegetable soup. It’s gonna be good!

Other than stocking up my freezer some, I don’t have any big plans for the week. I’m boring this week I figure. We’ll see what mischief I can get into with the new weekly challenge this Wednesday.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

8 Likes

Congrats @marsha!!! We appreciate you love and knowledge.

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: That sounds absolutely delicious!

I have a busy work week coming up. Have several things today are due Friday that I need to get done and my boss has tasked me with being her project manager (so exciting!!) to keep all our balls in the air.

I’m excited for this weekend. My parents celebrate their 44th wedding anniversary Friday!!! We will be celebrating over the weekend. I still don’t know what I’m going to get them gifts wise.

These holidays are all perfect for me!! I have GAD, MDD, and ADHD. I advocate for mental health awareness on a daily basis but I’m going to go all out today! I’ve been working hard to accept my failures and learn from them so Thursday will be a great day for me to do some journaling.

And who wouldn’t be happy about World Food Day?? We all need food to survive. I have been trying to become more conscious about where I’m getting my food and limiting what I waste. This will be perfect for me to find new ways to participate.

I can’t believe that we are already nearing the middle of the month! This year seems to be going by so fast!!

7 Likes

It’s fall break for my family this week! I am so excited (it was desperately needed!). I am looking forward to getting my house back in order and some fun seasonal activities with the fam. I did a lovely full moon ritual last night and I’m enjoying crisp autumn air!

I have taken up hand spinning with a spinning wheel and I am currently obsessed! I almost have a bobbin full of thread ready to make into yarn and then I want to dye it and make something for autumn! Bits exciting!

I’ve been reading and catching up with everyone. Happy to have some time to get back to myself!

7 Likes

It is Thanksgiving here in Canada, so it’s a day off work and lots of time to study and celebrate the last day of the full moon. Plus tomorrow is my birthday, and a great time for me to celebrate a new beginning as a new witch.

I am happy to have been led to Spells8 and this forum.

8 Likes

Welcome to everyone in their new journey here in our magickal forum and online coven! You are all coming into this forum during October which is a very magickal time in the Northern Hemisphere, and so much going on in the magickal world at large - we are excited to meet everyone and grow together in this path of community, knowledge, wisdom and practice!

Welcome to Infinite Roots! :infinite_roots:
Blessed be, Jan the Green Witch :woman_mage::green_heart:

7 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! :heart:

Congratulations Marsha! :sparkles: You truly are a light that shines brightly in this coven and we all appreciate you so, so much!

Look at all these amazing things being shared! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Honestly, I love this space so, so much and I appreciate all of you :revolving_hearts:

I’ve got a late start to the forum this morning…well, it’s afternoon now but I’ve had a busy and productive day! My daughter and I worked in the garden space this morning. Actually, it was more like I was working and she was just hanging out with me outside which is good enough for me!

We started our raised beds a few months ago and I have just been way too busy to keep up with them. The beds got started, all the hardware was put in, but there’s no mulch or soil in it just yet. The weeds just took over, as happens here in my area, and keeping up with them with everything else I’m doing was just too much. But I’ve figured out that it only takes me about 30 minutes to fix one of the boxes so I’m on a mission to do at least one or two a week so we can get some seeds started.

Here, have some pictures!

The paper stuff is to hopefully keep all the weeds out from the bottom. I know the weeds will still grow from being dropped on the top, especially from the birds in the trees and the mowing of the grass, but hopefully this will be easier to manage and keep alive. Besides, I’m also hoping to keep the fire ants from killing the roots of my plants. We’ll see! This is all trial and error :laughing:

I hope your appointments went well if you’ve gotten to both of them today. I also hope you were able to have your afternoon nap! :sleeping: I’m not much of a napper – probably why I’m always so tired and live off caffeine – but I can imagine it’s no fun to have your routine interrupted.

And a steeped-in-garlic anything is pleasant to my nose. I love garlic so much :garlic: :joy: Your neighbors are lucky!

Ohh, exciting! :clap: You deserve the praise, too! I know you’ve worked super hard to get where you are right now and to see that recognized by someone else? That’s awesome!

Oh look…we’re two peas in a pod :sweat_smile: I do the same thing, honestly. I don’t have a formal ADHD/ASD diagnosis but I’m seeing a psychiatrist in a couple weeks and I’m going to bring it up and see what happens.

Oh my Gods, this sounds like so much fun! :heart_eyes: If I had the space and the extra time, I would definitely give this a go. It would be so amazing to crochet something with yarn I spun myself! :yarn: I can’t wait to see what it looks like when you’re done if you decide to share! :fallen_leaf: I hope you enjoy your fall break!

Happy early birthday! :birthday: :partying_face: I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and get to do something that makes you happy. And to add an extra celebration on top of that of embracing the path of the witch? Awesome!

6 Likes

Hi @Catharine,

Happy Early Birthday! Thank you for letting me know your birthday is tomorrow! I don’t see your name on the list, but I will be posting a birthday wish for you tomorrow!

With love :heart: always

October 2022 Let’s Celebrate Birthdays!

4 Likes

Oh it was! I bought some stew meat for vegetable beef stew and it’s going to get the same treatment! LOL!

Happy anniversary to them! According to the new tradition, electronic gifts are appropriate. So if they cook maybe a new gadget for the kitchen!

Get some rest too, between decorating and cleaning! And whoa on the making yarn! That’s neat!

@Catharine Happy Thanksgiving and a happy birthday!

That’s looking great! I hope that the paper on the bottom works well.

One went well, one went wonky. I checked in and they forget to do something with their computer or their people, so I waited till it was time to leave for my next appointment and just rescheduled. It was frustrating. But the other went well, the doctor is really happy about the healing on my leg so that’s good. Thanks love!

And I had my nap! lol! I HAVE to have a nap, it’s either that or go to bed at seven in the evening, I get up way too freaking early.

It smelled so good! I think they were just jealous!

5 Likes

@Catharine – you’ve been added to our birthday list! :partying_face: :tada: :cake:

@Amethyst – I hate when appointments go sideways :unamused: but at least the one doctor is happy about the healing that’s happening with your leg! That’s really great news! :partying_face: And I’m glad you got your nap :laughing: it’s the little things to be grateful for, right?

4 Likes

Hee! Too true!

5 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details as well as ritual ingredients to prepare, you can visit the full post by clicking the link or picture below:

10-13 Death Transformation

(Group Ritual - Oct 13) :scythe: Death Meditation & Transformation Spell

Anyone up for some pre-Samhain spellwork? :skull: :sparkles:

This week’s group ritual calls upon the nature of the 13th Major Arcana Card: Death to cull a negative influence in order to bring about a positive transformation. Post-spellwork there is the opportunity to sort through and respectfully reflect on your own views around the seasonal theme of death :scythe: :candle:

Looking forward to a reflective meditation with you all then- Blessed be!

:scythe: :coffee: :candle:

5 Likes

Ugh, I hate that it’s already the 11th! October is going by way too fast! At least it’s been sunny and dry for the last week. We went almost the whole month of June without rain and now Mother Nature is trying to make up for that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Cheers to that! I swear it was just October 1st, and now here we are- halfway done with the month :flushed:

We got our catch up rain last month- it was like Nature slept in over the summer, woke up, and dumped an entire year’s worth of rain into a few weeks :sweat_smile: The mushrooms went crazy! :mushroom:

6 Likes

Happy International failure day! I am thinking about my failures the fact that I went to school for the wrong Career! It’s dreadful to have spent so many years trying to be successful and learn it wasn’t for me!
Well thanks for letting me share my biggest failure! The silver lining, :hugs:If it wasn’t for my biggest failure well I would’ve never came to the craft so I am practicing my witchcraft, it makes me have more open mind and now I am closer to nature. I am just so in love with a craft. I have that to be great full for!
Also I am sorry I have not posted you are all very special to me! I just love you all! I just need to express my love for you all! I love infinite roots you are my friends and even closer like family! We have had such a great journey here! I just like that I feel I can tell you anything and you all will appreciate me and love :heart: me even when I haven’t posted that much! Thank you for being a friend!
Jeannie

5 Likes

Oh goodness :joy: I’m not laughing at you, I promise! It’s just funny to me because I did the same thing! I started college right after I graduated high school. I was going to school to be a nurse, an RN, but then life happened and I dropped out. Then many years later I went to school to get a degree for the job I was already doing because I was told the certification and credentials would earn me more money. That’s an AA in Health Information Management and Sciences…or something like that :rofl: but I’m not using it at all so it was a waste of my time at this point! But you know, lessons learned! :clap:

No need to be sorry! :heart: We love you and appreciate you so much as well!

4 Likes

Join the club! I have a degree in English - I suppose technically I didn’t even go to school for a career. My degree is literally useless - I am working in a field that doesn’t require a degree, and I am making less money than my husband who didn’t go to college at all.

That being said, I’m very happy, degree notwithstanding.

5 Likes

ThankYouPixabay

Thank you :pray: @BryWisteria & @Amaris_Bane & @MeganB
With love :heart: & always

4 Likes

Megan,
Thanks for sharing I guess I really took it personally when I could not finish what I started but I like to to share cause it really did bother me!
Jeannie

5 Likes