Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 24 - 30 :sun:

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

New-Moon-Manifestations

Tuesday, October 25

This week we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon. The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

New-Moon-Spells

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Solar Eclipse :sun: ] ]

Eclipse-Magic-Spell-Ritual

Tuesday, October 25

This week’s New Moon is extra special as it is also a Solar Eclipse! :sun: Solar Eclipses open special opportunities and unique energy that a witch may use in their practice. Check out the Eclipse Magick Guide for ideas and spellwork suggestions.

Note that the moon will be in the sign of Scorpio during the eclipse, and as we are currently in Scorpio Season, this moon carries both Scorpio sun and Scorpio moon energy :scorpius:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Mabon Version

Thursday, October 27

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, October 28

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

Friday, October 28 at 1:00PM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the second of two live healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: October 2022

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for a Sabbat and Equinox on Monday, October 31.

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Samhain :skull: also known as the Witches’ New Year :tada:

Witches-New-Year-Samhain-360x240

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Beltane :fire:.

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8-360x240

Keep an eye out for celebration suggestions and more holiday info in next week’s Merry Meet Monday!

To learn more about the main pagan holidays and 8 Sabbats of the year, visit the Spells8 Wheel of the Year Page :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Seasonal Magick :fallen_leaf:

Seasonal Magick Season Witch Challenge Spells8

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, October 25th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, November 18 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXI - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Monday, October 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31st

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Monday, October 31st.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members!

Fun in the Forum MMM

Here are a few current activity discussions run by coven members where sharing is warmly encouraged!

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@Beebum48 - @lauren27 - @lexi4 - @Witch_Of_The_Wolf - @larizy - @samantha82 - @amy72 - @judy8 - @jabar - @danielle38 - @brandy16 - @frances2 - @tracie6 - @meghan3 - @sarah_poe - @jaime10 - @donna1 - @cara6 - @edwina - @jessie6 - @shannon31 - @marie5 - @rachel47 - @Noxi - @vanna - @nancy6 - @zoe1 - @doris - @rachael11 - @melissa4 - @amanda88 - @kristi3 - @mirela - @michelle72 - @elly1 - @ariel7 - @andi - @kelly34 - @robert7 - @lacey5 - @krystiana - @kayla40 - @alexandra17 - @marie18 - @TheRealKara - @JaneneK - @jayna - @shantelle - @samantha83 - @olivia9 - @kia2 - @tyler8 - @katerina4 - @lucky - @ms1 - @donna2 - @katheryn - @fg1 - @ashley80 - @shannyel1 - @lorena2 - @christina50 - @loida - @ninaamethyst - @sam8 - @emily8 - @beata - @elizabeth43 - @molly7 - @jennifer119 - @genessa - @Kam - @nastashia - @nik1 - @Darklingwater - @summer9 - @kara14 - @erica27 - @jennifer120 - @greta - @william6 - @esmeralda4 - @mary - @Dierna_Nimue_Selene - @sarah78 - @lauren28 - @christal1 - @vanessa20 - @raven13 - @grace1 - @shayla4 - @sarah79 - @amanda89 - @amalea1 - @sharice1 - @faith5 - @joshua13 - @LilithLayla - @william7 - @destinee4 - @IDarkshine - @brittany53 - @sujitra

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @Medea - for sharing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand:

• @jan_TheGreenWitch - for giving out the most hearts (on a two-week streak!) :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Are you ready for the Sabbat? :candle: Will you do anything for the New Moon Solar Eclipse this Tuesday? :sun:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :sun::sparkles:

14 Likes

I beat @Amethyst :joy:

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a really busy week last week so I’m looking forward to more calm this week. We’ve got a club meeting on Thursday (homeschool stuff) and a New Moon tomorrow that I’m hoping to do something for. I’m trying to remember to get out the telescope so we can look at the sky without the light of the moon! I also might hold a small ritual or do a spell for something :shushing_face: I just don’t know what yet.

Congratulations you two! :partying_face: Look at you go!

I hope everyone has a great start to their week!

10 Likes

You practically beat me posting it too- I think that was the record time for a first reply to a MMM! :clap::joy:

Apologies it’s a bit late this week, I was fighting off the terrible once-a-month visitor :weary: Being a woman is great… most of the time :sweat_smile:

Exciting stuff! :star_struck: Good luck with the club meeting and any magickal workings you are planning- have fun and enjoy! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Score! :rofl: A new record! It’s only because we’re both in the forum at the same time this morning lol (well, morning for me…not sure about you?)

Thank you! Plans still have to be made but I’m crossing my fingers I find the time to do that today :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

By eight whole minutes! If I hadn’t gotten up to potty, I would have beaten you! LOL!

Congratulations to @Medea and @jan_TheGreenWitch! You guys are rocking the forum in a good way!

I didn’t realize we were having an eclipse until it was mentioned here so I have no idea what to do. I was going to do a release the past spell so I figure I’ll go ahead and do that.

Other than that, not much is going on this week for me. I go to the doctor today but that’s the regular thing with my leg mostly. I had a visit to the ER on Friday for some antibiotics and they’re going to check me out today to make sure everything is okay. So just the usual anyways.

I hope everyone has a good start to the week! Happy Monday!

8 Likes

Ring the forum bells- we’ve got a new record! :joy:

It’s already 1pm here! Where did the morning go!?! Hahaha I hope you enjoy yours! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:joy:

No worries, Amethyst, you can try to reclaim your throne as fastest MMM poster next week! :laughing: :heart:

ER trips are never fun, but when you gotta go, you gotta go! I hope everything goes well at the check-up and that they have good news for you :pray::blush:

Wishing the same to you- have a great start to your week! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I’ll probably make it because my doctor’s appointments are earlier next week. LOL!

Yeah, I didn’t think it was that bad but Sally and the home health nurse both urged me to go so I went. Which is probably good, because I don’t want it to get worse, I just hate spending time in the waiting room. I’m sure I’ll get good news today.

7 Likes

Congratulations ladies! We are very happy for all that you do within the coven for everyone :revolving_hearts:

I feel more connected to the New Moons :new_moon: rather than Full Moons :full_moon:, so I tend to honor them or do more for them than the Full Moons. A fun fact now that it’s Scorpio Season is that the upcoming New Moon is also in Scorpio for the Solar Eclipse.

Honoring this new moon may look like…

1. Getting honest with yourself: This is a great time to make an ‘authenticity’ list. You can write down your needs, desires, visions, and values and get honest about whether your external circumstances are aligning with your truth (in relationships or other areas of life).
    1. Staying open to change: As things shift externally, notice what that brings up in you internally. How are you being called to transform? How is this pushing you into higher alignment? Embrace the changes that are happening and get curious about how they are serving you.
    1. Shadow work: Scorpio season is a great time for shadow work. If things aren’t aligning for you externally, reflect upon the parts of you that you’re denying or suppressing in order to keep up appearances or live a safe life that doesn’t actually feel fulfilling. What would it look like to reclaim authentic parts of you that feel scary or unacceptable? How would that change your life?

MOON MUSINGS: THE NEW MOON :new_moon: IN SCORPIO :scorpius: SOLAR ECLIPSE - Tamed Wild

I won’t do #3 as I do that with assistance, but I will keep the first 2 in mind definitely :100: I tend to lay low during eclipses but with an understanding of what they mean & things to think about & alternative ways to practice during them. I’m a tweaker when it comes to these types of things :laughing:

I will also probably connect with the Morrigan before Samhain & reach out for anything that I may need assistance or guidance to make my way through from the New Moon through around the first week in November. (I can’t give specific dates because each year it’s different for me)

I’m hoping things have settled down enough here that I can find a happy balance to be able to do things that have been left alone for a little bit while I take care of other stuffs & things. :hugs: I look forward to connecting with everyone a little more as each day goes on gets a bit easier to navigate… it’s surely been a whirlwind :cyclone: since schedules changed with school & work in the household! :flushed:

5 Likes

haha that’s okay! One day someone else will beat us to the MMM post :joy:

I hope your appointment goes (or went!) well – it’s never any fun to go to the ER but I’m sure it was necessary. Gotta get that leg all healed up! :pray:

Vanish Stock Market GIF by Travis

It’s gone :laughing: and it’s almost 2pm and I’m already needing a third cup of coffee! :astonished: but I won’t… that’s too much caffeine for me. I hope your day has gone well!

Oh no… It’s our time to shine! :partying_face: :sparkles: :tada: :grin: idk how I feel about it being Scorpio season with an eclipse in Scorpio… I’ll have to ask my astrology friends about that one lol it feels like it’s gonna be intense? Or maybe it’ll finally be time for me to relax!

3 Likes

Hello Everyone and Happy Monday!
I’ve already printed my sheets for the new moon tomorrow lol I love how you all allow us to do those things for ourselves. :slight_smile: May all you have a blessed week. Much love, Nina

5 Likes

Hee! True.

It did, my leg was less red than Friday so the trip to the ER was worth it. I just hated waiting, you know?

And happy Scorpio season!

3 Likes

Normal busy school week here! Teach the tiny humans, do the mom thing, lots of planning. I am working on a dyslexia endorsement that is actually a lot more rigorous than I expected… so I’ve been working on papers and projects for that. I did enjoy Saturday at the pumpkin patch with the littles. I’ve started a few new books that I plan to add to the book club soon. I’ve been practicing a lot at my spinning wheel… it’s so relaxing…. Still trying to wrap my head around Samhain…. It’ll come!

4 Likes

It sounds like you’ve got some great ideas and plans in the work for the New Moon- I know it’s a special time for you, so wishing you a very blessed one, Siora! :heart::new_moon: :sparkles:

Hahaha I know the feeling! I don’t drink coffee (with the sacred exception of my once-a-year pumpkin spice latte :laughing: ) but some days are a three or four cuppa tea kind of day :tea::sweat_smile:

Thanks so much and same to you- wishing you a good Tuesday! :heart:

I wonder if the double Scorpio energy hits different for Scorpio sun signs? :thinking:

It’s only 10am here on the day of the eclipse, but I’m a Scorpio and so far the energy is :sparkles: divine :sparkles: things have been going better than usual so far today! Fingers crossed it keeps on going :laughing: :crossed_fingers:

Wishing the same to you, Nina! Blessed be and happy New Moon Solar Eclipse! :sun::sparkles:

Waiting is sucky, but I’m glad everything went okay and that the trip went well! Good for you, Amethyst :heart::blush:

You’re a busy bee, Ailey! But despite the hectiness, it sounds like a lot of fun and very meaningful things- hang in there! :heart: Wishing you all the best and that you have a very blessed week :grinning:

3 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details please visit the page by clicking the link and/or picture here:

10-27 Halloween Witch's Brew Group Ritual

(Group Ritual - Oct 27) :jack_o_lantern: A Halloween Witch’s Brew

The group ritual this week involves turning your drink into an Enchanted Witch’s Brew. Enjoy some Halloween blessings and festive energy as you sip your magickal potion!

Looking forward to sharing a brew with you then! Cheers, Infinite Roots! :heart::candle:

4 Likes

There’s no better way to do it! :sparkles: I hope your New Moon goes well!

That’s good at least. I know the waiting can sometimes be the worst part :grimacing: I’m glad it was a good thing though!

I don’t know how you do it Ailey :joy: that’s so much! I get exhausted with just my daughter and my nephew during the day! :yarn: I’m really glad to hear that you’ve been enjoying your spinning wheel! It’s one thing on my bucket-list of things to try. What’s your favorite one you’ve made so far?

Yes, all the finger crossing! :crossed_fingers: :sparkles: I’ve got a New Moon ritual/spell/thing to plan this morning but I’m gonna feel out the energy of the eclipse before I do anything :joy:

3 Likes

You say that’s normal? I say that’s Wonder Woman levels of busy. LOL! You go!

4 Likes

Merry Meet to you all, I see that there are new witches and will need to get to know them all.
I am back as best as I can be, having a lot of back troubles and sitting is not the greatest for me right now. I hope you are all well and have missed you all. It’s a New Moon Solar Eclipse and don’t forget that Samhain is just one week away. :jack_o_lantern:

Blessed Be :pentagram:

4 Likes

Shout outs to @Medea for all of her posts :writing_hand:
@jan_TheGreenWitch for all her love she shared and a two week streak :heart: :heart:
way to go ladies :woman_mage:

Blessed Be :sparkles: :dizzy:

6 Likes

Glad to see you back, @debra2! I’m sorry you’re having back troubles. It’s a pain in the, ahem, back, when you can’t sit! Sending you love and light!

3 Likes