Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 9 - 15 šŸˆā€ā¬›

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about exciting events in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Hereā€™s what happening this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Look to the skies! Tonight: Monday, May 9th, we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location.

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

The First Quarter Moon is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

From the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? Know that this special moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this part of the moon cycle :first_quarter_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, May 12th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Beltane Spring Summer

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 13th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Friday the 13th :black_cat: ] ]

A day of doom or a lucky occasion? Whether you fear or celebrate this special day- it is coming our way this Friday, May 13th !

Friday the 13th

Read more about it and share your personal opinions or experiences in The Truth of Friday the 13th :black_cat:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

The live gathering will be held on Friday, May 13th at 10:00am EDT. This is the first of two live group healing sessions this month.

EEC Group Healing Session

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: May 2022

Please note that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the meetings hosted in A Sacred Space. To make your account, you can join Spells8 here - the first 15 days are free! :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase Heads Up: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for a stunning full moon on Monday, May 16th. The Full Moon of May will bloom in the skies above as the Full Flower Moon :hibiscus:

Spell-for-Flower-Moon-360x240

Keep an eye out for more information and spellwork ideas in next weekā€™s MMM :newspaper:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Bestiary: Magickal Creatures :unicorn:

Magical Creatures Beasts Fantasy Legend Myth Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, May 10th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Bestiary :unicorn:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVII (Apr 29 - May 27)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 27th .

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Readerā€™s discussion thread:

ā†’ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVI - Readersā€™ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, May 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

Affirmations and Inspirations

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighidā€™s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@christine21, @brittany39, @joy7, @julie22, @michaela3, @crystal39, @sydney7, @bridgett1, @priscilla4, @Unique03, @ariana7, @sally, @jessy, @jessie2, @hannah28, @laverna1, @lindsey8, @anyanka, @heather58, @amanda67, @meg1, @bebe, @brandon3, @katina, @katrina5, @shante, @melissa40, @jacqueline10, @tonya8, @sea, @maissa, @markita3, @michael1, @kimberly53, @sarah1313, @jessica99, @jeannie5, @victoria37, @kaitlin7, @james13, @bernadette1, @Redd_27, @teresa9, @misty10, @calandra, @tasha9, @graham, @tiffany32, @aria_freya, @camella, @kai1, @michelle52, @linda14, @barbara12, @angelina2, @betty1, @lindsy, @tori6, @kari5, @latitia, @asteria1, @cara5, @priyansha, @tosha, @aleesha, @krista8, @clementine, @angie4, @jacee, @tony2, @melissa41, @ValentinaMarie, @josh, @trina1, @cassandra11, @marylynn, @anna21, @bharti1, @cassidy, @michaela1, @gina, @tamryn, @pamela18, @ytavious, @ScotianPotion, @betsy1, @laurelei, @bethany7, @jennifer100, @brenda15, @Mia.1, @olivia7, @jordan7, @tanice, @mary42

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @marsha- for both sharing the most posts and giving out the most hearts over the past seven days :writing_hand::heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Are you suspicious or superstitious when it comes to Friday the 13th? :thinking: What moon magick are you planning for the week ahead? :first_quarter_moon:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :black_cat: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Oooā€¦ congratulations @marsha for the most posts & likes! Great job, we are so blessed to have you in the forum with us! :tada: :partying_face:

Iā€™m really just checking in right now & going through to see if thereā€™s anything newā€¦ I have an early appointment today at 9 AM & then Iā€™ll be home for the day I believe. Itā€™s just once 7 AM hits I wonā€™t be back until after 10 AM :rofl:

May

• is Mental Health Awareness Month - which is an important topic for me & I just want to share my support with others that may have something falling under mental health that they would like support for :candle:

Iā€™m taking it easy & trying to go with the flow of my day, I felt like I did a lot better on the whole when I was able to do that before. So back to basicsā€¦ sort of :joy: Iā€™m feeling better than I have for the last couple of weeks though, so Iā€™ve been doing the right things so far.

Other than that, I canā€™t think of anything going on this week except my 2nd appointment is on Thursday I believe, I just donā€™t know what time that on is that day.

Yesterday was a good day, minus the Gale Warning :wind_face: for most of the day. So we couldnā€™t do much outside or have a fire :fire: The average continued ā€œbreeze :smile:ā€ was 25 MPH. The gusts were up to twice thatā€¦ so we kept it mostly inside. My daughter made me a cake & helped my husband get me a new bird feeder with a HUGE bag of bird feed. I canā€™t wait for the wind to die down to see the birds at it. Itā€™s squirrel resistant, so kind of waiting to see a squirrel try to get the food out. The weight from him on the bar closes the lid on the birdseed holes for the birds. So it could be cheap entertainment & it doesnā€™t hurt them, more just annoys them Iā€™d have to guess.

I did get some of the areas by my oak tree :deciduous_tree: cleaned up. Iā€™m hoping the winds die down this week a little & the sun :sun: comes out so I can get rid of the pile of leaves :fallen_leaf: by the garden. I also found out yesterday that my Gladiolas are coming up, there are small buds, but they are there! :smiling_face:

11 Likes

New week people! Happy Monday!

Congrats to @marsha for her hard work on the forum! Youā€™re being a wonderful part of the community!

I donā€™t have a doctorā€™s appointment this week which is sort of bad news. My graft on my leg ulcer is not taking so theyā€™re asking my insurance to switch brands. Hopefully, the insurance will agree. Iā€™ll find out next week.

@Susurrus I wish you luck at your doctorā€™s appointments. I hope they help you.

I envy you for your bird feeding, the apartments stopped us from feeding the birds, deer, and foxes. Evidently, other little creatures were coming to eat too and they donā€™t want that around the apartment. :rat: I donā€™t blame them for that! LOL!

I want to do something for the full moon next week but Iā€™m not sure what. I donā€™t think the Flower Moon spell is for me, but maybe. Iā€™ll see what I can find. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hope you all have a good week!

11 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat :rowing_man: I may wind up doing my default with crystals, moon water, runes, jewelry, & cards. My brain just isnā€™t in the creative juices flowing freely part of my week :rofl:

Today is off & on clouds with the gale force winds where I am located. So I wonā€™t be doing much if anything outside today. It is warmer than it was over the weekend though.

@Amethyst my appointment went well. I feel better but drained & tired. So itā€™s kind of rest time at least for today.

10 Likes

Thank you for the shiny new badge @BryWisteria :heart: :rofl: Itā€™s my pleasure to share as much love and light as I can :dizzy:

Thank you @Susurrus I am blessed to be a member of this forum with you! :heart: :hugs:

Thank you @Amethyst I love being a part of this wonderful community! :infinite_roots: :heart:

9 Likes

Congratulations, Marsha! :tada: :partying_face:

@Susurrus ā€“ Thank you for the reminder that May is Mental Health Awareness month! I completely spaced on that and thatā€™s something super duper important to me. :pray: I hope your appointments went well and youā€™ve found the time to rest :heart:

I hope the insurance agrees to that @Amethyst :pray: :sparkles: They definitely should, especially if it isnā€™t working the way it needs to!

As for myself, itā€™s going to be another busy week. My family thatā€™s moving in with us should be here either tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning, depending on driving and traffic. Iā€™m exhausted from general life stuff and feel like I could do with a vacation :laughing:

10 Likes

Thank you so much @MeganB :pray: :heart:

9 Likes

This is the first full moon Iā€™m able to put crystals on the window ledge, Maxie would have knocked them off before. So I know Iā€™m going to do that. So thatā€™s something at least. I donā€™t have much time to celebrate Monday but Iā€™ll be doing something Sunday, I just donā€™t know what.

Iā€™m glad everything went well! Get some rest and come back to it when you feel more awake and revitalized!

Youā€™re welcome, dear heart!

One would hope but never underestimate the power of stupidity in insurance organizations. LOL!

Oh my gosh, that sounds too chaotic! I hope they get in safely and you arenā€™t run off your feet! Take care of yourself too, hon!

10 Likes

Send out some love and energy for the teachers friends! Many of us are in the last few weeks of school and state testing madness! I am exhausted. There is so much happening at the end of the year and, honestly, all I really want to do is fun stuff with my students. Theyā€™ve worked so hard and grown so much! Iā€™m so eager for summer, but Iā€™m also not quite ready to let this group go! So anyway, put some love out into the world for teachers and kids and families as we finish up this last hurrah!

I did an amazing meditation on insight timer this evening while I took a hot bath. It was just what I needed! Iā€™m being very mindful of my own needs this week as I handle and prepare to close out this year with my munchkins!

9 Likes

Happy Mental Health Awareness Month- thank you for adding this in, Siofra! :heart::blush:

I hope the winds calm down and that you get some lovely spring weather (along with some birds to visit the feeder! :bird:)

The full moon often carries the energy of and represents the current season- any spellwork for late spring/early summer will be good for this full moon! :blush: Some potential themes are: new growth, a fresh start, blooming, abundance, warmth, fertility, prosperity, and potential.

The moon will be in the sign of Scorpio :scorpius:, making it a good time for reaching across the veil with spirit work or exploring Sex Magick.

Additionally, there will be a total Lunar Eclipse! So, if it doesnā€™t feel like the right time for spellwork, it may be a good idea to do some restful reflection and meditative journalling instead :person_in_lotus_position: :open_book:

This monthā€™s full moon is a pretty loaded one- lots of potential choices for ways to celebrate it! I hope you can find something that works for you, Amethyst :heart: I pray everything goes okay with the insurance too :pray:

The shout-out is well deserved as always, Marsha- you are such a beacon of light and a real blessing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wishing them all the best with the big move and settling in- and afterwards, I hope youā€™re able to catch a breather and have yourself a nice little vacation! :heart::blush:

So much love to the teachers- youā€™ve put in tons of time, effort, and care over the course of the school year! :heart: From both my time as a student and from teaching abroad I remember very well how chaotic and crazy the last few weeks are. It takes a heroic effort to try to get the kids to focus and make it through the last material to get to the summer! :blush:

Sending positive energy and congrats to you and your school group- just a few more weeks to go, enjoy it! :sun_with_face: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Glad to see you are taking care of yourself @AileyGrey! Hope you make it to the end of the year with your sanity intact! LOL!

Thanks for the ideas! Iā€™ll find something, even if itā€™s just meditationn and rereading the Charge of the Goddess. And thanks for the good wishes for the insurance. I hope they listen to reason.

8 Likes

@AileyGrey my thoughts are with you at this time of year. The kids are getting antsy & the weather is getting nicerā€¦ I know itā€™s very hectic throughout the school systems. Ours donā€™t get out until the end of June, but you can bet thereā€™s a countdown. Just like I am well aware that this is their last half-day at school for the year :rofl: Itā€™s a restless time at the end of the year. I hope it goes a little more smoothly for you the closer you get to the end.

7 Likes

Always great options to do :blush::heart: I hope you have a lovely time with whatever you choose, and yes! Prayers that your insurance does what it is supposed to do- which is help you! :pray::grinning:

7 Likes

Update to the MMM:
This weekā€™s group meditation ritual is now live in the forum! More information can be found in the ritual post here:

Group Tea Ritual - Weekly Image

(Group Ritual - May 12) :heart_decoration: Spell for Self Love

The moon is growing in strength this week in preparation for the Full Moon on Monday- now is a great time to grow some positivity and nurture self-love too :heartpulse: :blush:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you all tomorrow! :coffee: Blessed be, Infinite Roots :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thanks, love!

7 Likes

I am and always have been superstitious about Friday the 13th, but I usually have a great day! Iā€™m looking forward to this Friday!!! Iā€™m not sure what moon magick I will be doing, but Iā€™m going to be looking through some information tonight since Iā€™d like to try something new and different. Hope everyone is having a great week.

6 Likes

Did anyone else realize that not only is Mayā€™s Full Moon a Supermoon, it will also be a total lunar eclipse that night during Mercury Retrograde?

Soā€¦ thereā€™s some extra energy thats affecting me in chaotic ways.

My appointment was just canceled for tomorrow morning, so I think Iā€™m going to do a Grounding Meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: in the morning then later do the Group Ritual.

Grounding & hoping to get outside to do some work in the gardens with my hands. Release some energy into the earth.

6 Likes

@Janae_Rochele One of the most empowering things about embracing the ā€œwitchy pathā€ is getting to see things from a new perspective- you are free from superstitions and are able to view things in a new light. Friday the 13th has always been my lucky day- it sounds like it has good energy for you too! :blush::heart: Hope this one is just as great for you- blessed be! :sparkles:

@Susurrus Chaotic energy for chaotic times- hang in there, Siofra! :handshake: I hope you have a lovely meditation and that your garden work helps you stay grounded :two_hearts:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria I have a feeling youā€™re right.

5 Likes