Merry Meet Monday- Forum News! December 21st 🕯

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday at the start of a very exciting week!

:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Monday, December 21st

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase.

Happy moon magick! :first_quarter_moon:

[ [ Witch Holiday / Sabbat: Yule :evergreen_tree: ] ]

Today, Monday, December 21 is also the Winter Solstice and Sabbat Yule (or the Summer Solstice and Sabbat Litha for those in the Southern Hemisphere!) :earth_americas:

The solstice is a joyous occasion and there are many ways to celebrate :partying_face: You can find more information about the holiday and some great ritual ideas in the Spells8 Yule Celebration Ritual .

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8-750x500

You may also consider making yule pinecones, a yule log, magical yule charms, and listening to some pagan Yule Tunes :musical_note:

As everyone celebrates, there are many Yule Discussions happening in the forums- jump in and enjoy the season’s cheer!

[ [ Celestial Event: The Great Conjuction :milky_way: ] ]

On top of the First Quarter Moon and Solstice holiday, today (Monday, December 21) also marks a thrilling celestial event- what an exciting day it is! :laughing:

The Great Conjunction is an astrological phenomenon where two planets align. Today we will be blessed by the joining of Jupiter and Saturn :ringer_planet: The two planets will look like one very bright star in the sky- some are calling it the Christmas Star :star2:

There are many magickal possibilities with this event- you can learn more about in Jupiter Saturn Conjunction and The Great Conjunction.

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

NOTE : As mentioned in last week’s MMM and group ritual, there will not be the usual Thursday group ritual this week. However, a post will soon appear with details for next week’s New Year’s Group Ritual- keep an eye out if you are interested! :clinking_glasses:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Merry Magick for Holiday Cheer :partying_face:

This challenge will close TOMORROW: Tuesday, December 22nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Holiday Cheer :partying_face:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :christmas_tree: Let’s get cheerful!

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, December 30th.

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club III (Dec 18 - Jan 15)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 15th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.AQ and Introduction.

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@samantha21, @mia, @mia1, @chelsea7, @kathleen3, @angel2, @mary21, @zion, @rupula, @sharon9, @hannah12, @ryan1, @abigail3, @andreea1, @ace, @john5, @lee, @brandi5, @ayana, @reneigh, @krystina, @islah, @kerri1, @ali1, @ashley20, @morgan7, @gemma2, @elizabeth14, @meghan1, @jennifer40, @virginia2, @michelle16, @baehauss, @tamra1, @berta1, @cherie2, @kyra1, @chrissy1, @joy3, @SofiaMoon, @bernie, @drenika1, @arrike, @marva, @brianna4, @evishka, @yolanda1, @dawn8, @Saulamay

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family!

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Lots of love back to @praecog29 for liking the most posts in the forum over the past week- on a three-week-streak :heart: We are blessed by your warm heart and endless generosity- it is a pleasure to share the forum with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Bravo to the @Susurrus on a two-week streak of writing the most posts over the last seven days :writing_hand: Thank you for sharing your knowledge and support- you always have something nice and thoughtful to contribute to the coven! :hugs:

And I can’t forget a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Moon phases, Great Conjunction, Solstice- oh my! :star_struck: The celestial heavens are celebrating as well- what festivities will you enjoy this week? :confetti_ball:

Give a shout and share your thoughts in the comments below!

Wishing all the blessings of the season to you and your loved ones- have a bright, cheery, and joyful time!

Blessed be! :sparkles::christmas_tree:

6 Likes

Congratulations to @praecog29 and @Susurrus! Y’all are doing a great job!

As for me this Solstice, I go to the doctor again and I’ll be on the phone for a good bit of the day. Sigh. I hate tracking down help but I’ve got to do it. LOL. Still, I’m planning my Holiday Cheer thing for tonight along with watching The Christmas Carol. Again. Hope all of you, lurkers included, have a wonderful and blessed Solstice!

5 Likes

Thank you. Today I will be in bed. My hips are doing their thing.

So nice of you to include the lurkers. There are only a handful of us in the forum I guess.

I have a few phone calls myself, one of them an appointment. So I have to get through that today. My daughter is remote this week until vacation so she will be home with me.

7 Likes

Thank you for all the love :purple_heart: and the shoutout, @BryWisteria and @Amethyst.

Because Indiana is so spiritually repressed :sweat_smile:, it has decided to be cloudy tonight during the “Christmas Star”. :star2: I am taking matters into my own hands and driving to Illinois. :upside_down_face: I already did a spell for safe travels and I rented a car for extra measure.

The family is doing a Zoom Christmas :christmas_tree: :santa: this week. I lit my candles for Yule early this morning because I won’t be home tonight. The rest of the week is rest and healing. I wish you healing this week, too, @Susurrus.

Happy Yule and Winter Solstice, Spells8!

7 Likes

LOL! We’re cloudy too tonight and it was raining earlier. I hope you get to see the Star from Illinois. That sounds like a nice road trip actually. Get back safely!

4 Likes

Your hips may not lie, but they certainly sound like they’re cussing you out. Take care of yourself!

4 Likes

Merry Yule everyone!!

Congratulations @praecog29 and @Susurrus!! I hope you are having a great time during the solstice!

While my wife is at work, I have been burning double red candle all day :candle: :candle: Love, love and more love :two_hearts:

20201221_181917

The sky is cloudy but clearing up so I will keep my head out of the window to look at the stars! :stars:

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Francisco ! I hope you get the chance to see the Stars & that it’s beautiful! That is a great setup you have too!

I plan on doing some simmering tomorrow & that will be the main intention that I add. I’m definitely going to use some Rose in there!

4 Likes

Sounds like a lovely and cheery Yule celebration, @Amethyst- I hope you were able to track down those doctors and get some answers (and the clearance for more tea!) :grin:

How did the phone calls and appointment go, @Susurrus? Hope everything is well and you are enjoying the time with your daughter! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

any luck in Illinois, @praecog29? It was cloudy here too, unfortunately! Although it is always cloudy in Warsaw. Thanks, smog :cloud::sweat_smile: Wishing you the same- a very blessed Yule, and rest and healing to you! :two_hearts:

A lovely setup, @Francisco! :candle::heart: Hope you were able to catch sight of some stars :star2:

4 Likes

I was and I reminded the people that I’m getting my helper from that I’m here without nagging. And the doctor measured the wounds on my leg and they’re getting smaller for once! So all in all a good day!

3 Likes

@Amethyst I’m so happy for your wounds getting smaller! That’s great news! I hope they continue their healing!

3 Likes

Me too! I got away with no shots or IVs either so that’s good, just the antibiotics by mouth. I hope this is me turning the corner. Thank you for all the good vibes you’ve sent me!

How are you doing today?

3 Likes

I am doing much better. I took a nice shower before I went to bed last night & had a pretty good night sleeping. I only woke a couple of times when my shoulder went out & I had to get it back in then switch positions. I’m going to do a nice simmer pot after I clean the kitchen. Get some fresh energy in the house. I can’t wait for New Year’s Eve to do a big cleanse. I’m looking forward to it. I’ll take yesterday as a soul cleansing day.

3 Likes

I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts, hon! I hope you’re able to get in your kitchen and do some things today. That may make you feel more positive.

3 Likes

I’m on my way to work on it now! I will pop back in the forum once I have my simmer pot going and before I get to wrapping gifts. I’m hoping to get a good chunk of it done so I’m not up all night Christmas Eve doing it like in past years.

3 Likes

Since most of my gifts are mailed or money, I don’t have to wrap. Good luck getting your projects done today. I’m sure that will make you feel better!

3 Likes

I’m so happy for both of you, @Amethyst and @Susurrus. I hope you continue to feel/get better.

@Francisco, the candle setup looks lovely.

@BryWisteria, I did get to see it. :slight_smile: None of the pictures turned out. :frowning: I wasn’t the only one with the idea of going to the University of Illinois Springfield. So many people there in their cars.

I teared up when I thought about it. The last time these two planets were this close the pilgrims were getting off of the Mayflower. The founding fathers of the United States weren’t even born yet. Hundreds of millions of people have lived and died without ever seeing this sight. And during that half an hour I was connected with ancestors throughout the centuries who had got to see it. Amazing experience and totally worth the 10+ hours of driving.

4 Likes

Thanks, @praecog29! I’m glad to be doing better! And I’m glad you got to see the Star, that’s awesome! I’m happy it was a memorable night for you. I just wish I could have seen it.

3 Likes

Nothing in NY either! Too cloudy!

4 Likes

@praecog29 thank you so much!

I wish there was somewhere close by that I could have driven to, but the northeast was all clouds! I’m very happy that you had such a great experience.

3 Likes