Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 17 - 23

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

Monday, October 17

Look to the skies! Tonight we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

This moon phase is part of the Waning Cycle :arrow_double_down: , so check out the Waning Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Mabon Version

Thursday, October 20

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, October 21

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Palmistry :raised_hand:

Palmistry Palm Hand Reading Witch Challenge Spells8

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, October 18th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The 21st Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

Spells8 Book Club

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

The next reading session of Book Club will begin this Friday, October 21 - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Monday, October 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31st .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Monday, October 31st.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members!

Fun in the Forum MMM

Here are a few current activity discussions run by coven members where sharing is warmly encouraged!

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@stacie4 - @melissa56 - @candy1 - @jamie30 - @jennifer118 - @chelsie3 - @jessie5 - @ma11 - @becki - @kristen20 - @amanda85 - @amanda86 - @jett - @samantha81 - @cierra2 - @lucia2 - @katelyn11 - @youngea - @vida - @hattie08 - @larissa2 - @marta5 - @jessica125 - @rani1 - @loryn - @Brittney_Stilley - @Chantale_Tremblay - @christinastillion - @sharon19 - @trice - @traci5 - @jaclyn1 - @nicol1 - @joan2 - @ebony6 - @Lovelykitten22 - @Odessa - @katrina9 - @julie29 - @queenofcups11.11 - @crayton - @taylor31 - @toni7 - @christina51 - @chelsea29 - @lana1 - @toni8 - @clementine1 - @WarermelonWitchy - @brandi15 - @katrina10 - @william19 - @nicole51 - @ranita - @ann4 - @canyounot229 - @Gianluca - @adrienne - @selena4 - @geraldine1 - @rebekah2 - @lisa54 - @sammie1 - @theresa11 - @ashley75 - @frankee - @benedikte - @Devi - @terri6 - @meike - @larry1 - @rubyanna - @sharon20 - @diane8 - @konae - @elizabeth42 - @lillian3 - @maria24 - @chanika - @belenda - @courtney - @trey1 - @sabrina16 - @ranea - @cynthia27 - @kara12 - @dina1 - @Corlun - @Intentional_Witch - @kelly33 - @amanda87 - @roslyn - @lori12 - @ashley79 - @effie - @meghan2 - @hilda - @the_ash_tree - @rachel46 - @jo13 - @rebecca38 - @jalysia - @ieshia - @greg

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @jan_TheGreenWitch - for giving out the most hearts and sharing the most posts over the past week :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Halloween and Samhain are in sight as we approach the end of October- are you ready for the festivities? :woman_mage: Planning any moon magick for the Waning Moon this week? :waning_gibbous_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

12 Likes

First of all, many thanks and congratulations to @jan_TheGreenWitch for being so awesome! Most comments and loves while being so ill. You go, girl! You’re gonna beat this cancer!

As for me as much as I’d like to rest with the moon today I have doctor appointments as usual. I’m also getting my leg wraps if all goes well and I’m hoping they’ll help.

I’m making pizza soup this week and really looking forward to it, it sounds as if it’ll be good. If it is I’ll share the recipe.

Getting ready for Samhain basically. I have a ritual almost done that I’m going to share in case any of y’all are interested. It’s very Wiccan though and I know not everyone here is, so I won’t feel bad if you change it around to fit your needs.

Other than that, I’m not doing too much this week. We’ll see how challenging the weekly challenge is I guess. LOL! Hope you all have a great Monday!

9 Likes

@Amethyst I am looking forward to seeing your Samhain ritual - this is my first Samhain and I am looking for a simple but meaningful way to celebrate

7 Likes

Congrats @jan_TheGreenWitch!
Ive been busy busy…Handfasting ceremony is fast approaching (Oct 31) so im finishing up last minute preps, I changed my dress twice,lol.
Got my corrected invites a few weeks ago :grin:

And this wicked decorative card for the wedding table Im going to set up

This morning walking my daughter to work I saw 5 crows and I thanked them for their presence, on the way home i found one dollar laying on the the ground. The small numbers on it were 5’s. Five has always been a significant number in my life, so I was excited.
Blessed Be InfiniteRoots :infinite_roots:

9 Likes

I will be waiting to hear of your ritual, and the pizza soup sounds good! I make a Lasagna Soup and a Taco Soup that is really good.
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

Monday Morning GIF

I can’t believe it’s already Monday. I had such a busy weekend that it seemed to just fly by. Today isn’t any different, either! :astonished: I don’t know how to take it lol but I guess I’ll just keep plugging right along!

Hooray, hooray! :partying_face: :tada:

I feel the need to do something witchy for this last quarter moon… :thinking: I don’t know… I need to get my fire pit cleaned out and my garden all prepped so I can start some seeds. I’ve got so much work left to do out there that I feel like I can’t catch up :rofl: one day I will though!

Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

Busy bee :honeybee: for sure! How exciting that your handfasting is coming up soon. Congratulations! I love your invitations. They’re very witchy for sure! :waning_gibbous_moon:

6 Likes

Happy Monday and thank you @BryWisteria - I so enjoy reading up on all the great things you put together for us.
Thanks to all for sharing their plans for the week; they all sound great.
Congratulations and many Blessings on your Pagan Wedding @Rowan!
My plans haven’t changed… work work and more work LOL but always taking the time to have a moment every morning with my Goddess and God.
thank you for reading and many blessings to all

7 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch - for giving out the most hearts and sharing the most posts over the past week :heart::writing_hand:

Congrats :partying_face: I love reading your posts. Thank you :pray: for all the knowledge you share with love :heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face: on your upcoming Handfasting Ceremony! Beautiful invitations. :raven: :skull: :rose: :heart:

7 Likes

I’m still going over it but I think it’s just about finished. I hope you like it!

Wow, two weeks till the deadline! You’re gonna be handfasted, so neat! Your invites and cards look wonderful! Good luck and best wishes!

OOh, you’ll have to share those recipes some day. They sound yummy!

Got them and it seems like I’ll be able to wear them a lot! I’m so pleased!

8 Likes

Would absolutely love to hear about your Samhain ritual, Amethyst! :star_struck: :candle:

Wishing you all the best with your appointments- I hope everything goes well and that they help a lot! :heart: Also pizza soup? That sounds delicious- I’m on my way~! :flight_departure: :joy::pizza:

Everything looks (and sounds!) amazing- wishing you a very blessed Handfasting Ceremony, Rowan! :raised_hands: :partying_face:

Hang in there, Megan! You got this! :heart::grinning:

Awww, you’re very welcome! It’s all worth it if you enjoy reading the updates, Isabel! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wishing you all the best with your work- I hope this week is a good one for you! Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Update to the MMM:

The new group ritual for this week is now live in the forum! For the full details, please click the link and/or picture below to jump to the ritual page:

10-20 Overcoming Overload Ritual for Respite

(Group Ritual - Oct 20) :relieved: Overcoming Overload - Ritual for Respite

Overload can be difficult to deal with, especially when it is chronic- this ritual can help you to set down your burdens and find a moment of blissful peace. As the intention here is healing after overload or burnout, this ritual is simple and easy to do :tea:

Looking forward to having a restful cup with you this Thursday!

Blessed be, Infinite Roots!

:infinite_roots: :heart: :relieved:

9 Likes

My appointments went great this week, thank you!

7 Likes

Awesome! That’s so great to hear! :heart:

6 Likes

It is, something has to go right once in a while, right? LOL!

Hope your day goes well too!

6 Likes

Hooray! I’m glad to hear it, Siofra :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hahaha if all things have to balance, then that means there must be a good day for every icky one! I hope you have lots of very good days coming up for you, Amethyst :heart:

Same to you- blessed be! :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you it has been a blessed week so far. I hope for you and all as well.
Blessed be!

6 Likes

Thank you so much, Isabel! Wishing the same to you- have a blessed rest of the week! :sparkling_heart: :blush:

7 Likes

Congratulations @jan_TheGreenWitch! I hope you are doing well, your contributions & support are always appreciated! I hope to talk to you soon!

I know I’m really late to the party on this one! I have had a pretty busy week. At least 1 appointment Mon - Fri of some type really. Then I have one on Saturday morning & Monday morning… so it’s just a busy week for me that I wasn’t really prepared for if we’re being honest :laughing:

I don’t really have any other plans but surviving the week without forgetting anything important… as long as it’s not something important… I should be okay. :rofl:

I hope everyone has a great weekend & that their week wasn’t too bad! Halloween/Samhain is getting closer very fast… I still have no idea what is going on after we walk with my daughter around the neighborhood. So I’ll get back to everyone as I find out more & maybe post a picture of me in an actual costume… it’s only been 24 years since I’ve done that :joy:

6 Likes