Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jun 13 - 19 🍓

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 14th, the skies will flourish with the beauty of a Full Moon. The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Strawberry-Moon-Spell-360x240

The full moon of June is called the Full Strawberry Moon :strawberry:. This moon marks a time when strawberries- fruits sacred to the Goddess Freyja- are ripe on the vine and love is in full bloom :heart: This is an excellent time for summertime spellwork and rituals involving pure love.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Strawberry Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Full Astrology Forecast For more about the moon and beyond, join the talented Astrologer @Abs53 in her thorough Astrological Highlights for the Week Ahead :telescope:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, June 16th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Ritual Beltane Spring Summer

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, June 17th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for a Sabbat on Tuesday, June 21st .

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Litha :sunflower: as well as the summer solstice :sun_with_face:

Litha-Video-Sabbat-Celebration-Ritual-360x240

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Yule :evergreen_tree: as well as the winter solstice :sun_with_face:

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8-360x240

Keep an eye out for celebration suggestions and more holiday info in next week’s Merry Meet Monday, and feel free to share your celebration preparations in Solstice 2022 :sun: Coven Celebrations !

You can also explore the Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Ocean Magick :ocean:

Ocean Magick Water Element Spells Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, June 14th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Ocean Magick :shell:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVIII (Jun 3 - Jul 1)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, Jul 1st .

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread:

→ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVII - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Thursday, June 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@jordan8, @autumn12, @sheena4, @mia2, @misfit, @brandon4, @kelly27, @DeveenaMavila, @sarah64, @charity8, @curtis1, @katrina6, @sophie4, @shea, @haley5, @demaris, @Gypsy_oOo_Soul, @JimBear, @kelly28, @alisha9, @alison7, @garnet1, @kimberly56, @nixie, @nichole7, @rachel33, @spacedout_e, @Phoenix_Rose, @georgia1, @jerry2, @jillian7, @jamie26, @fabricio, @chelsea21, @richard8, @karen16, @prajakta, @jamie27, @kosancho, @wanda1, @liliana3, @chris12, @cosmin, @catherine10, @michelle58, @george1, @kaeley, @melissa44, @donna, @vanessa18, @kiomoholles, @sara23, @wendy15, @chelsea23, @jennifer102, @shavonne, @alisha10, @paarth, @tammy17, @kim11, @bianca6, @damien, @minttu-karolina, @diego1, @kim12, @renee9, @natalie17, @noemi1, @melissa45, @renata, @ayse1, @brittany41, @jonita, @vicki1, @heatherann, @james14, @crystal42, @crystal43, @stacy10, @stacie2, @sabine, @keashia, @andre, @jessica101, @amalea, @sharday, @jana4, @amielia, @nataia, @garwen, @ashley62, @allison9, @brittany42, @samantha63, @brinley, @daddy, @trisha3, @tasha10, @octavia, @jillian8, @brendan, @julia15, @Nyx, @miranda, @natasha19

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @AileyGrey- for sharing the most posts, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand:

• @Garnet- for giving out the most hearts, on a three-week streak! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @Garnet will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Blessed Full Moon! :full_moon_with_face: Will you be working any magick or doing anything exciting to celebrate the occasion?

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :strawberry: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Yay for @AileyGrey and @Garnet! Thank you so much for all you do for the coven!

I just got back from the doctor and the new skin grafts are going well. So yay! Evidently, the boo-boo on my leg is shallower, smaller, and has some skin trying to grow so I’m really happy with it.

I’ve not only got strawberries for this full moon, but strawberry lemonade, so I’m excited about grocery day tomorrow! LOL!

Things are going pretty good with me, how are they doing for y’all?

7 Likes

Congratulations on your new badges @AileyGrey and @Garnet :heart_eyes: :clap:
You 2 are very valuable and loved members of the coven :rose: :rose: :rose:
:butterfly:

8 Likes

Thanks dear!

8 Likes

@Amethyst Thanks love! I am so happy to hear about your grafts! I know you have to be relieved! I’m claiming they are going to keep moving on the right direction!
The week looks calm on the home front here. Sign language lessons for the oldest, pool time, meeting up with some friends…. I am trying to finish a blankea dear friend that I’ve had to restart 90 times. Ive decided that it must be finished by the end of June… self imposed deadline because I am so tired of working on it! It’s beautiful, but I’m over it!

9 Likes

Congratulations @AileyGrey and @Garnet :partying_face: :tada: You are both amazing! Thanks so much for sharing so much love :heart: and magick :dizzy:

9 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! & a shout-out too @AileyGrey for your 2 week streak! Way to go! Thank you for all of your contributions! :confetti_ball: @Garnet congratulations for your new MMM badge! Great job & continue to light up the coven :tada:

@Amethyst - great to hear that they are going well! Fingers, toes, & eyes crossed that it continues for you! I get my fresh produce tomorrow, I just haven’t decided about what I want this week. We have a couple of local farms, nurseries, and friends with animals (chickens :chicken: = eggs :egg: :smiling_face:)… I can’t get over the price hikes since right before Memorial Day here.

@Sarafeena_Sage & @marsha I hope your week is starting out well too! I still have to do my daily posts :laughing: a bit of an off Monday here starting with the weather! My poor puppies! My daughter came into my room an hour before she had to get up to help me make them feel comfortable. Pop-up thunderstorms are usually a happy surprise but the dogs… they don’t share that sentiment at 5 AM :laughing:

I have an appointment on… Friday at some time during the day… not really sure on the specific time, but I’ll get there. I still have a few days.

I happen to have gone back to just learning about or working with my Root Chakra energy. Having been going through some things, we are going to take a step back & restabilize a bit before moving through the next Chakras. Not really blocks, more like they are slow going… for that I like crystals, meditation, aromatherapy, & that brings me to a really cool thing that happened.

As many members know, I receive the Tamed Wild subscription box & this month’s card that tells you what is in the box said that “You will receive 1 of these stones within your box”… I wish I had the card with me. I forget what the first stone was, then it was Chakra stone, then a piece of selenite. So I opened the box & got to the little pouches to see what goodies & the stone I received. I received 2 Chakra stones. I put the on the Selenite last night & tomorrow night they will be out with the full moon :full_moon: I was so excited! I was totally thinking that I would get another piece of Selenite. Not that you can ever have too much, but sometimes variety is a good thing. The other pouch had a pentacle charm & chain. So that I will put in my pouch of charms that I put in my hair or wear with my crystal pendants.

10 Likes

I’m very happy. They’ll slap another graft on me next week, hopefully, it will continue healing.

That’s a calm week on the home front? Sounds busy to me. Good luck with your blanket, you’ll have to take a picture of it when you’re done!

Thank you, my dear! Good luck veggie buying! Hope you get something good!

7 Likes

@Amethyst Hooray about the successful skin graft- it sounds like it is doing great! May it continue to heal up wonderfully for you :blush: And ohhhhh you’ve got all the goods for the strawberry moon- enjoy your full moon tasty treats! :yum::strawberry:

@AileyGrey It’s sounds like a fun week for you! :grinning: Hahaha I know the feeling with the crafts- there’s a line from when it crosses over from being fun into a chore to get it done :sweat_smile: Wishing you all the best with finishing up the blanket!

@Susurrus I hope your pups are feeling better! It was quite a loud thunderstorm- I caught a few flashes of lightning too :zap: Our cat isn’t a big fan of them either :cat: The chakra stones are gorgeous!!! That is so cool that each one has all the colors- they are really lovely :rainbow: :gem:

It’s shaping up to be another busy week around here (but I feel like I always say that? That would make it a normal week I suppose :joy:) and I need to figure out the details of how we’re getting back to Europe at the end of this visit to the US. As a break from the exhausting air trips, we’re considering returning by boat instead of flying… :passenger_ship: :thinking:

The strawberry moon was gorgeous last night! I shared a pic here- it’s been a while since I got to see the full moon, so I felt very blessed :relaxed: :full_moon:

Wishing everyone a blessed week!

5 Likes

@Susurrus those are gorgeous stones! What a cool subscription box!

6 Likes

It’s gonna be yummy, that’s for sure! LOL!

If you go by boat, that would be an awesome trip! You’ll have to share pictures of the ocean that far out. It would be magical.

5 Likes

@Amethyst Enjoy it for me too! Cheers~! :tropical_drink: :strawberry: :yum:

Being that far out in the Atlantic would be pretty crazy- exciting, but also scary too! :laughing: I’m looking at tickets and thinking things over- it’s actually not that much more expensive for a cruise ticket than a one-way airfare ticket, which seems strange. We’ll see how things play out! And I’ll def share pics if it ends up happening :grinning: :heart:

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual meditation is now LIVE in the forum! More information about the ritual as well as what items should be prepared can be found in the post:

6-16 Capricorn Waning Moon Staying Steady

(Group Ritual - June 16) :waning_gibbous_moon: Staying Steady Meditation)

With the passing of the full moon, the light will dim in the skies as we reach the Ides of June- the month is half-over and the full moon is gone- is it just me, or is anyone else tired ? :sweat_smile:

Push back any moon exhaustion or general weariness you’re feeling with this meditation- with the blessing of the moon in Capricorn :capricorn: , you can continue onwards and upwards at a steady pace to reach the summit of your goals :mountain:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you then!

Blessed be :sparkles:

3 Likes

@Amethyst I think today I’m taking my day that just goes with the flow & lets things play out how they have to, so veggies will be tomorrow. I’m excited to go to the place though :hugs:

@BryWisteria & @AileyGrey thank you so much about the Chakra stones, I definitely was not expecting those to be in there at all out of the 3 things that they could have been. So I am using them today whenever I meditate :woman_in_lotus_position:, no matter how long or when I go outside to sit on my back porch I have them in a pouch with a Clear Quartz.

@AileyGrey I get the subscription box from Tamed Wild each month. There it comes with different items that you can use in your practice & they will include a card explaining each item & if you would like to do the ritual… the instructions for that also. :hugs: I do believe that a few others here have gotten the box too or still do, so they may have their opinions too. I really enjoy them & I have taken items & used them for a different purposes. For instance, I got a crow/raven charm that was supposed to be consecrated for the Norse God Odin, but I decided that I wanted to wear it to represent the The Morrigan: Celtic Goddess :triquetra:. So that’s what I did for my own practice. :smiling_face:

I’m hoping that this feeling continues through Thursday so I can carve out some tea time, but I’m not making any promises except that I am going to make a valiant effort to participate with actual tea & such on Thursday. :laughing:

5 Likes

Congrats @AileyGrey and @Garnet! I always look forward to the love y’all share on my and everyone else’s posts.

@Amethyst I am so happy that you are healing well!! I will continue to send you healing energy.

@AileyGrey you will finish it! I always have to self-impose deadlines or I will continue to procrastinate. :rofl: :rofl:

@Susurrus I can’t wait to get my box! Those chakra stones are beautiful. I usually don’t get mine until way late in the month or early next month because of my order date. Here’s hoping I receive one of those as well!

@BryWisteria Traveling by boat sounds fun! I’ve been trying to convince my husband to take a cruise for years but I’ve pretty much given up as I don’t think his anxiety would handle it well any more. :sob: And you are not alone in being tired! I’ve been thinking it must have been my allergies causing problems during my sleep but didn’t think about the moon’s energy affecting me.

My week is starting off mellow but quickly becoming chaotic. My husband surprised me by bringing home strawberry ice cream for the Strawberry Moon last night! When I just looked at him, he goes “I pay attention.” :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I was just added to a big project at work and made the project manager for the client as well. It is exciting because it means that my boss thinks I’m doing an excellent job and is trusting me to pass some of her work to me.

The rest of the week is filled with “surviving” work and trying to fit in my spiritual practices as I’m starting to build a daily/weekly/monthly routine out.

Oh, and not dying in this Texas heat! It’s 92F with a heat index of 102F here in Houston, way hotter than our normal June temps. I’m not sure how I’m going to survive when summer really hits in the next month or so. :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

6 Likes

Thank you @Amaris_Bane! I hope you get them too, because of your work with Chakras! That would be great. Right now I have them in my pouch because I am using them when I meditate today. I returned my focus to my Root Chakra. It needs a boost before I move through to the next ones. I have worked on my Sacral so I would refresh that one and then move to the Solar Plexus. :hugs:

My son made it to Arkansas, they are still driving but he said that he hopes it ends soon :rofl: I did warn him about the climate & hydration & sunblock.

Congratulations :tada: on the big project/project manager! That’s awesome news too! I hope you work out a good routine, I’m still working on a daily routine, well morning really. It’s changed so much around here that it’s all askew right now :laughing:

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane thanks! I think I’ve got a rhythm going!

6 Likes

Hahaha!! Long road trips can be really tiring. I hope he’s having fun at least!

I’ve been reading up on chakras and been working on my solar plexus as it’s been blocked. It would be nice to get the chakra stones to meditate with. I do have a chakra bracelet with lava stones that I found at Michaels. It has a paw print bead so I couldn’t pass it up.

That is great!! You’ll finish it in no time to then! I have so many half finished projects. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Oh my it’s gorgeous, I remember when I found out they sell genuine stone jewelry :joy:

I wear one on each wrist
One is just chakra stones & honestly a little too big for my wrist, the other on my receiving (left) hand is the set of chakra stones & at the beginning & end have a clear quartz then a strip of black tourmaline stones.

The first one… I dont remember where I got it. The one on my left wrist I got from the school where I took my crystal healing courses. I got my chakra stones from them that I use for healing & working with each one. I use essential oils, breath work, & meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: also to work with my chakras. Lots of meditation :thinking:

My son is having fun & taking pictures. They have stopped a couple of places to see different things. I check in with him every once in a while.

6 Likes

I hear tell about farmer’s markets where there are fresh fruits and veggies coming into the cities and wish we had something like that here. It would be awesome!

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

5 Likes