šŸ“æ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - A Healthy Dose of Stones and Crystals

Merry meet to all!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Enchanting Chants :notes:

Empowered by the musical magick of chants, itā€™s time to turn to another source of power used and beloved by many in their magickal and holistic practices :gem:

The credit of the idea for this weekā€™s theme goes to the warmhearted @Christina4 and isā€¦

:prayer_beads: :open_hands: A Healthy Dose of Stones and Crystals :sparkles::gem:

Crystals and stones have spiritual properties and supernatural correspondences that make them invaluable tools of magick. As components of spells, potions, and rituals; sources of energy; magickal tools; and more- crystals can be used to heal ailments and improve our lives :pray:

The healing work of crystals isnā€™t limited to just physical woes- crystals have traditionally been used to also assist with emotional, spiritual, and external blockages in our lives as well. Different types of crystal work can be experimented with in the pursuit of healing bodies, minds, and souls.

This week, we will explore how stones and crystals can be used to heal and improve our lives- through using them to treat physical, emotional, spiritual, and/or external issues :gem::adhesive_bandage: :sparkles:

Are you ready?

Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

:warning: Important Safety Note: While crystals and stones have numerous benefits and are used for healing across many traditions, they should not be used to replace the services of a trained medical professional. It is always a good idea to contact your doctor to get professional advice personalized for your unique body and medical situation.

PART 1 : Healing Work with Crystals :gem:

The magickal properties of beautiful gems, shiny stones, and charming crystals cover a vast number of ailments. You might begin this challenge by asking yourself:

What in my life (or in the life of someone I hold dear) could use some healing energy?

• This may be a physical issue- such as a sore back, healing injuries, or headaches.

• It may be a spiritual concern- you feel disconnected with your magickal craft, are having trouble communicating with higher powers, or feeling that your energies are blocked.

• It could be an emotional struggle- something such as emotional trauma, anxiety, or chaotic internal energy giving you stress.

• You may have an external problem that needs healing- you have a toxic presence in your life, outside forces are causing you distress, or something in your environment is giving you challenges.

Take some time this week to be mindful of your situation and examine what parts of your daily life could use some extra healing attention :open_hands:

When you have an issue in mind and your intention for healing is clear- youā€™re ready to draw on the magick of crystals!

Healing with Salt :salt:

Perhaps the easiest, cheapest, and most accessible crystal available is one that you likely already have in your kitchen cupboard- salt! :salt: :gem:

Salt is a crystalline solid (of which some types can be called Halite/ ā€œrock saltā€ and Himalayan Salt) that has been used over the years in countless magickal and medicinal traditions for its protective and healing qualities.

You can learn more about salt and find salt spell suggestions in Spiritual Uses of Salt :salt:

Spiritual-Uses-of-Salt-Ideas

There are many ways to use salt in your magickal practice. Here are just a few suggestions:

Spirit Delight: Cleansing and Healing Salt Bath
Cleansing-Spiritual-Bath-with-Salt-360x240

Freeing Yourself From a Curse with Salt
How-to-Remove-a-Curse-with-Salt-Recipes-360x240

ā†’ Looking for more? Click here for additional Salt Spells and Rituals!

Using Crystals and Their Healing Properties :gem:

There are so many wonderful stones, crystals, and rocks to explore! You might learn about a new healing crystal or cast spells/rituals with crystals in the name of healing and ailment.

Not sure where to get started? There are many helpful guides about crystals in the forum, so feel free to search for a particular stone to learn about :mag:. You can also view the crystal resources on Spells8, or browse through the crystal resources shared as part of the previous Heed the Call of Crystals Challenge :gem:.

If your ailment is involved with the elements and/or you enjoy elemental magick, consider casting with crystals based on their element alignment:

Crystals and Elements

You also might explore the health and life benefits of Placing Crystals Around Your Home :house_with_garden:

Where-to-Place-Crystals-at-Home-331x300

Crystal Grids :spider_web:

Crystal grids channel the power of various crystals towards a single goal. There are crystal grid combinations for just about every theme you can think of!

Here are a few suggestions you might explore:

Crystal Grids for Healing the 7 Chakras
:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

Crystal Grid: Flower of Life
Crystal-grid-flower-of-life-thumb-360x240

How to Create Your Own Crystal Grid
Creating-Crystal-Grids-Witchcraft

ā†’ Looking for crystal grids that you can download, print, and add to your BOS or Grimoire? Explore the collection of Printable Crystal Grids here! :open_book:

ā€¦And More! :raised_hands:

This challenge is designed to be open to personal interpretation, so you can fit this theme in with your unique magickal practice.

Feel free to let your creativity shine brightly! :sparkles:

PART 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About your experience healing with crystals

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, June 22nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-06-22T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Crystals do much more than just shine, dazzle, and delight! May they bring you peace, happiness, good health, love, and light

Blessed be! :prayer_beads: :sparkles:

22 Likes

Oh yeah :joy: I love it!!! :raised_hands: Iā€™m gonna have to make this one special!!! I have to start thinking!! :thinking: Thank you @BryWisteria :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to this one, Iā€™ve got a small collection of crystals now Iā€™m gradually growing so itā€™ll be good to learn about all their properties and what I can use them for.

14 Likes

This will be an awesome challenge for me :star_struck: . I love this challenge so much :heart:

14 Likes

Woohoo! So many choices! And thank you for the reminder that salt is a crystal. Canā€™t wait to see what everyone does!

14 Likes

Iā€™d like to learn more about (and use) lapis lazuli.

Itā€™s been one of my favorite stones since I read about in The Vampire Diaires by L.J. Smith. If you havenā€™t read any of her books, I highly suggest you do. The Night World, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, The Secret Circle, and Wildworld are a treat to read. Smith knows how to write strong female characters that arenā€™t stereotypes (i.e., many of her protagonists are blond and intelligent). From what I can remember reading, she seems to have a lot of knowledge on paganism (I first heard of and learned about the triple moon goddess in Spellbinder, Book 3 of Night World Series) and I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she practices herself.

Anyway, she was diagnosed with granulamatosis with polyangitis (formerly known as Wegenerā€™s Disease) in late 2015. The illness has been rough on her and no one has heard anything from her since 2017. I was afraid she might have passed away, but someone on her site forum pointed out that she updates her reading list regularly on Goodreads, so I guess sheā€™s laying low until she recovers.

Anyway, Iā€™m going to see if I can use lapis lazuli in any healing spells for Ms. Smith. If not, Iā€™m sure there are many other beautiful stones out there that would be perfect for the job!

14 Likes

What a lovely idea! I hope youā€™re able to help her.

12 Likes

Hmm :thinking: Iā€™m gonna have to think about this one. I donā€™t tend to use many stones or crystals in my practice.

11 Likes

Synchronicity happens again! Lately Iā€™ve been having problems with bad communication, strife and disagreements and general negativity all around me and itā€™s been drawing me in and making me attract more of the same :slightly_frowning_face:

Then I ran into information about kyanite, which feels like the perfect crystal for me right now.

The high vibration and rapid transfers of energy from Kyanite create pathways where none existed before. Like a universal bridge, it is an extraordinary crystal of connection, opening the mind centers, enhancing telepathic and psychic abilities, bridging gaps in all communication efforts, and providing a link for transmitting or receiving healing energy. It immediately aligns the chakras and subtle bodies, bringing tranquility and a calming effect to the whole being. It is an exceptional stone for transitioning into deep meditative states.

I do feel that wearing my red jasper pendant (and burning dragonā€™s blood) has helped me align my base chakra, at least when it comes to being present in my body and feeling confident and unapologetic about taking up space. But I might have become drunk on that power a little, oops! :sweat_smile: Iā€™m sorry if Iā€™ve brought any of that energy here.

Hmmā€¦ something for my heart chakra also possibly?

EDIT: Chrysocolla gives me a good feeling! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve started this challenge by studying the poperties of the crystals I received in my Wonky Broomstick subscription box:

It was hard to get a decent picture of the colour of the blue tigers eye, this is the best I managed.

Iā€™ll be using all three crystals in the ritual Iā€™m putting together for Litha, and Iā€™ll post more about that after the event as Iā€™m still working on the details :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

OOoh that tigerā€™s eye is pretty!

11 Likes

Awww, a crystal and stone challenge :upside_down_face: sounds good to me. I will be brainstorming something up :thinking: hmmmm, letā€™s seeā€¦

10 Likes

I found this on the internet today

you will find some information about crystals on this site. I hope it will be useful to you :heart:

13 Likes

Youā€™re a master of crystals, @Christina4- I know whatever you come up will be lovely :gem: Have fun! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m so glad you like the theme of the challenge, @wasantha, and thank you so much for sharing that helpful link about crystal knowledge! :pray::blush:

No worries, @Amethyst! :grin: Hahaha I had to think for a bit before coming up with salt- I usually try to include at least method/approach that is very beginner-friendlyā€¦ but those just starting out on their magickal path may not have any crystals at all :thinking: But salt is a very inclusive crystal- itā€™s cheap and easy to get! :salt::blush: Hopefully salt can help to open up the world of crystal magick even to those who donā€™t have a crystal collection :+1:

I would love to read your exploration of Lapis Lazuli, and how it can be used for healing @Kasandra! :blue_heart: It sounds like that author is close to your heart- wishing her all the best! :relaxed:

You could always work some lovely salt magick, @MeganB! Or perhaps explore another natural mineral or stone. Normal rocks on the ground may not sparkle much, but they carry the wonderful and wholesome energy of the earth :earth_americas: Good luck and have fun! :heart:

Communication issues makes me think Mercury Retrograde may be to blame, @CelestiaMoon- it sounds like Kyanite may be a great stone for you to work with! :raised_hands: And tying your stone and crystal in alignment with your chakras is a wonderful plan- nicely done :grin::+1: May it helps to ease your woes and bring the energy you seek!

Beautiful idea to explore your new crystals, @IrisW! :sparkles: And WOW- that Blue Tigerā€™s Eye is gorgeous! :heart_eyes: :blue_heart:

Wishing you the best of luck, @NickWick- enjoy! :blush:

14 Likes

Iā€™ve going through my crystals this morning so I can list everything I have so far and their properties.

Iā€™ve got these two which I go from different shops and both of which are supposed to be rose quartz.

Iā€™m absolutely no expert (far from), but the one on the right doesnā€™t look very rose coloured to me. Is it actually something else?

13 Likes

Any blue crystal correlates to the throat chakra.
Any pink and/or green crystal for the heart chakra.

9 Likes

Yes, I have rose quartz that is very faint and I thought it actually was a milky quartz. Rose quartz can be faint in color if thatā€™s what itā€™s sold as.

13 Likes

Rose quartz, clear quartz and citrine Are all great for the disease. I hope you help her regain her health! Thatā€™s a great thing to do!

12 Likes

I know!!! Itā€™s like a crystal holiday for me!!! :grin:

9 Likes

What a fun challenge!!! There are two main ways I tend to use crystals: protection and as an energetic battery. I place a small clear Quartz in all of my oracle and tarot card decks to help keep them energetically charged and at their optimum. I also carry a Smoky Quartz with me for protection when I do spiritual work outside of my home, or am giving a psychic reading.

Prior to using the crystals I cleanse, charge, consecrate and program them with intention. I use my intuition on when I need to repeat this initial process, which so far has not been often. I do a lot of cleansing work with sea salt.

Approximately two years ago, someone gave me a gorgeous clear Quartz necklace that he hand wrapped and made for me. It was such a surprise, and clear Quartz is by far my favorite crystal. Sometimes I wear it to get in tune with my higher self or for an extra energy boost.

I do crystal ball scrying as well, and I have an obsidian ball as well as a selenite ball that I use. Both of my crystal balls have natural ā€˜eyesā€™ in them, which is where I scry into. A scrying eye is a naturally occurring round, oval shaped occlusion that appears on a crystal. It looks sort of like an eye and, in my opinion, makes images appear clearer and more readily while scrying. I personally believe that a crystal ball with an eye is asking to be used for divination/scrying, whereas the absence of the eye indicates that it should not be used for scrying, but for other magickal work instead (such as healing or charging). Below is a photo of my selenite crystal ball that I use for scrying. You can see the eye looking at the camera! :sweat_smile:

15 Likes