✨ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - A Magickal Blessing

Warm greetings to all!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Peering into Past Lives :mag:

With a deeper appreciation of the past, it’s time to celebrate the present. And what better way to draw in joy and invite positivity than with a classic witch’s go-to tool: blessings! :sparkles:

This week’s challenge idea was suggested by the blessed @Amethyst and is…

Weekly Challenge Magickal Blessings Spells8

:sparkles: :pray: Magickal Blessings :scroll::dove:

What is a “Blessing”?

(From Dictionary .com)

Oftentimes in magick, a blessing may also be a prayer, chant, or spell- so long as it is drawing on power in order to bring various positive qualities to the recipient, you’ve got yourself a bonafide blessing! :sparkles:

This week’s challenge is all about using blessings in your magickal practice.

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bellhop_bell: :sparkles:

Irish Blessing from Celtic Thunder

STEP 1 : Magickal Blessings :sparkles:

There are many ways you might explore magickal blessings this week. Here are just a few ideas to help you get started!

:scroll: Write your own blessings!

From a single word, to a few stanzas, to a written page- blessings come in all different shapes and form. Why not try writing your very own blessing this week?

You might write a morning blessing for a good day ahead, or a night blessing to ensure sweet dreams. Every occasion is a great occasion for a blessing!

Get more ideas on how to get started in the lesson on Writing Your Own Spells, this Spell Writing Guide, A Spellwriting Process, and the previous Enchanting Chants Challenge.

:speaking_head: Say a magickal blessing

For those not quite ready to write their own blessings, why not check out already-made blessings to incorporate into your practice?

There are countless blessings out there- here are just a few suggestions!

Sacred Blessings Spell
Sacred-Blessings-Prayer-Spell-360x240

Tea Blessing Spell
Quick-and-Easy-Tea-Blessing-1-360x240

Home Blessing
Prayer-For-Blessing-Your-Home-360x240

Blessing for a Friend
Wiccan-Blessing-for-a-Friend-360x240

:place_of_worship: Seek a blessing

While witches can cast blessings of their own, it is also common for them to seek divine blessings as well. Do you work with a deity, force of nature, or other higher power?

Consider seeking their blessing this week- whether for yourself or something else!

Hestia/Vesta’s Blessing for the Home
Hestia-Wiccan-Devotional-Prayer-360x240

Blessing from the Wiccan God and Goddess
Daily-Wiccan-Prayer-Blessing-360x240

Bast’s Blessing to Protect Against Evil
Bast-Devotional-Wiccan-Prayer-360x240

Hecate’s Blessing for Wisdom and Protection
Witches-Prayer-Chant-to-Hecate-360x240

:raised_hands: …And More!

There are many ways to incorporate blessings into your magickal practice- feel free to be creative with how you approach this challenge!

550361_10151418148104341_763987182_n
Blessing from Crone Chronicles

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About how you wrote and/or used magickal blessings this week

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, October 19th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-10-19T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Blessing from Pinterest

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

blessed_be_moon_goddess_pagan_art_poster-r0130f2f6dc644fd98d1353626a6298e6_w89_8byvr_307
Art from Zazzle

Happiness and fortune, dreams coming true-
May all of life’s blessings find their way to you!

Blessed be! :sparkles::heart:

28 Likes

I’ll write a dragon’s blessing for strength.

15 Likes

Oh, that’s a good idea @Kasandra, I think I am going to request a blessing from my deity. Actually, now that I think about it; I am behind on my witchy box & the amulet for Persephone. I will incorporate that working into the Weekly Challenge! Yay for inspiration & motivation!

16 Likes

My Entry:

14 Likes

Looking forward to your dragon’s blessing, @Kasandra- the ones you share are always gorgeous! :dragon_face: :sparkles:

That sounds lovely, @Susurrus :blush: Will you work with Brighid, Persephone, or perhaps another deity this week? Whoever you choose, I am sure they will bless you with their energy. Good luck and happy spellwork! :sparkling_heart:

Thanks again for sharing your blessing that brings out the best of both magick and technology, @Temujin_Calidius! You really took something that can be a limitation and used it to craft such a lovely and strong blessing. Great job! :raised_hands:

17 Likes

Here’s one I wrote this morning, don’t know if it’s a blessing or a prayer or both or neither? But here it is:

Good morning Lord and Lady!
As I rise and as I wake
Bless the choices I will make.
Walk my path with me this day
Guide my steps, protect my way.
Blessed Be!

25 Likes

@Valen i like it. It’s catchy and easy to remember

14 Likes

I like it too! Very simple and happy!

15 Likes

Great challenge @BryWisteria. It’s prods us to get creative in writing our own spells and blessings. Also helps us to shape our faith as it best fits us which probably led most of us on the Wiccan or Pagan path to begin with.

Soon after I joined this coven I asked in the forums if there was any standard blessing before meals as I was accustomed to growing up with. Francisco suggested I write my own blessing. After seeing other peoples ideas online, I created a blessing in line to what I believe. Also, included here is a link to a page from my BoS I made in the Spell8 format if you want to print a copy for yourself on a paper of your choice.

Meal Blessing - Google Slides

20 Likes

I made this blessing spell when I was 3 years old. You can find the year beneath my signature.

For me, blessings means protecting my love from all kind of negative energy. Here is my blessing spell. This is the first spell written by me:

20211014_174606

17 Likes

For this week challenge, I decided to share the Thoughtforms ritual detailed in the book High Magick by Damien Echols. I have adapted it to suit my own practice, for example, he chants “Yeshua”, where as I chant “Selene”.

I use this practice to draw energy :zap: which I then use in blessings for loved ones. Most often, I direct the energy drawn into a talisman that I then give my loved ones to keep them safe :hugs::heart: :deciduous_tree:

Sorry if the pictures are unclear, they are photographed straight from the book, which I throughly recommend for beginners btw.

Love & Light to all :heartpulse: :candle: :stonehenge:

23 Likes

OOh, I like that one! Good job, @Valen!

Nice one, @Mark01! I got my meal blessing out of a book of prayers, not even sure which one. Yours is good!

Very nice! I’m getting all sorts of inspiration here.

15 Likes

Every day I light candles for those who are mad, sad, troubled and generally frightened and unhappy. Isn’t that the reason most of us were led here?
I ask blessing for women in gravis to plead for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby. Those who ask for positive thoughts, strength and energy are blessed. A healing for sickness.
I cannot bless everyone, but I do try. A blanket blessing is nice but I prefer a personalized blessing if possible
I will say from a heartfelt blessing for the this Coven and its members. Those who offer help to others by blessing and prayers are certainly the most blessed.
You are all, most Blessed. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Garnet, the grateful.

23 Likes

The term “blessing” can be used pretty loosely, but that looks like a quality and bonafide blessing to me, @Valen! :+1: Beautifully written and a lovely way to start the day :sun_with_face: Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, @Mark01, but I can’t take credit for the challenge theme- that honor goes to @Amethyst! I agree it is a great theme to help inspire creativity and encourage writing :blush: Your Meal Blessing is amazing- I bet food tastes even better when proceeded by such a lovely spell! Thank you so much for sharing the printable page- you did a great job with it! :sparkles:

That’s a lovely blessing, @Princess_Tara- and you choose a great picture to go with it! Thank you very much for sharing :deer::sun_with_face:

It’s really interesting to learn about ‘Thoughtforms’, @Abs53- and I love the idea of collecting energy to store within talismans. I’m sure your talismans filled with positive magickal energy are a wonderful and blessed gift for your loved ones :heart: Thanks so much for sharing!

You have a very kind heart, @Garnet- thank you for your daily blessings for those in need :pray: And agreed- blanket blessings are lovely, but sometimes a situation can be enhanced with a blessing specialized for the person going through a tough time. Thank you, Garnet- wishing many blessings and much love back to you too! :heart_decoration:

18 Likes

Thank you

16 Likes

Draconic Blessing For Strength

Mighty Dragons,

bless my feet so that I may soar on lofty wings to achieve my goals with persistence and determination,

bless my heart so that it is as durable as your scales, allowing no hatred or sorrow for those who have hurt me to pierce through,

bless my hands so that they are as resilient as your talons, opened to giving and receiving love,

bless my mouth with your fiery breath so that I have the courage to speak up for myself,

And bless my eyes so that I may have your keen sight, seeing each and every situation as an opportunity for learning and growth

So mote it be

20 Likes

For this challenge, I chose to do a Loving Kindness meditation for myself, a good friend(s, for what kind of friend would I be if I left one out?), a respected person (2, Actually), a neutral person or stranger, a hostile person and finally the universe. This comes from this site:

https://www.sks3fitness.com/2017/02/loving-kindness-meditation-metta-meditation.html

I also used the “May the circle be unbroken” chant from above for some, but closed my eyes and sent warm blessings to all. It took awhile to include everyone, but the effort I believe was worth it.

Blessed am I because of all of you, so bless you as well!

18 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challange- A magickal blessing

:thinking: Tough time deciding on this one. :upside_down_face:
I was going to share a pet blessing but I feel that I need to help spread the message of The Twelve Blessings’
(a series of blessings to spiritual workers and great cosmic beings, incorporating profound wisdom -as well as some of the most beautiful prayers ever given to Earth by Master of Yogu Dr. George King)

The Twelve Blessings = a powerful, positive, spiritual way that we can help to change the world with spiritual energy.

Humanity today faces countless crises – some localized, others global.
We need to address these crises at their source. To do this, we need a radically different approach. The magic of ‘The Twelve Blessings’ is a powerful, positive, practical way that we can help, and Practice the Twelve Blessings provides us with an opportunity to band together with other spiritual workers to help raise the consciousness of humanity.

I have found practicing the twelve blessings to be uplifting, powerful, and helpful with inspiration to heal the world. When I first began, I almost immediately felt the energy radiating through me and out of my palms and now find it addicting…

For centuries religious dogma and materialism have limited our perception of the real awe-inspiring greatness of the Divine and the mystery of creation. ‘The Twelve Blessings’ changes that.

Raising the consciousness of humanity as a whole will enable us to correctly address the challenges that we face.

Experience The Twelve Blessings

The Blessings and the prayers are performed by raising the hands and visualizing the flow of spiritual energy as white light. With an open mind and sincere effort, you can physically feel the heat, pressure, or a tingling, either in the palms of your hands and/or in other areas of your body, known as chakras, where energy flows in and out of your aura. This may not happen the first time you try performing The Twelve Blessings - but it won’t take long before the sincere practitioner has a genuine psychic and/or spiritual experience as a direct result of this practice.

Practicing The Twelve Blessings regularly is a life-changing step forward in our spiritual development – a way to serve others selflessly and advance more quickly towards enlightenment. There is no doubt that it will awaken the extraordinary potential within… – if practiced

It will help to lift you into a higher, more expansive state of consciousness, so that you can better appreciate the mystery of creation – the nature of “God” at the beginning as the ultimate being of supreme universal Love.

You will begin to see that everything is alive – conscious to one degree or another – and responsive to this great energy of Love that you are sending out into the world.

1. Blessed are they who work for peace

Described as the “backbone of modern civilization,” those working for peace are essential to our progression on Earth. It is obvious that war is contrary to spiritual evolution and must cease for the New Age to be brought about.

2. Blessed are the wise ones

True wisdom is an extremely rare quality on this planet. Those who are wise give vitally important teachings to others, and simply by the power of their thought pattern, they constantly radiate healing energy to those in need.

3. Blessed are they who love

When Master Jesus talks about love, he does not mean emotion or even affection, and certainly not possess. The love spoken of in this Blessing is the unconditional desire for all life to be risen to realize its Divinity, and then putting this desire into action in whatever way necessary.

4. Blessed are the planetary ones

These are the extraterrestrial intelligence who have left the bliss of their own advanced cultures on other planets and chosen to live on Earth to help us. This is a tremendous sacrifice and act of true selfless love – as demonstrated by the Master Jesus himself.

5. Blessed are the thanksgivers

Gratitude has great power. This Blessing refers to those who give thanks to the spirits of nature who control the weather and so forth. This helps to create and preserve ecological balance.

6. Blessed are they who heal

Spiritual healing is at the heart of true Christianity and can be learned and practiced by anyone. It is not based on faith, but the control and direction of spiritual energy

7. Blessed is the Mother Earth

Mother Earth is such an advanced intelligence as to be worthy of the title “Goddess.” She is more significant to the cosmic whole than everyone on Earth put together, and yet she makes the tremendous sacrifice of limiting herself to her current physical form purely so that we can live here to gain essential karmic experience

8. Blessed is the mighty Sun

The Sun is an even greater intelligence than the Earth, and we are constantly dependent upon its radiations for survival. The Master Jesus tells us that it is the closest thing to God in our concept of manifestation

9. Blessed are the supreme Lords of Karma

Karma is a natural and universal law that governs everyone and everything in creation. The Lords of Karma are those unfathomably advanced intelligence behind this.

10. Blessed is the great being known as the Galaxy

The galaxy is a living intelligence of which we are all tiny parts

11. Blessed are the supreme Lords of Creation

These are the intelligence who manifest the will of God that the universe should exist. They are so elevated that part of them is not even in manifestation.

12. Blessed is the Absolute

The Absolute is God is seen as the essence of all things – the creator of the universe and every single part of the universe. There is nothing outside of it because it is quite literally everything. Its name – Brahma, Jehovah, the Divine Source or whatever – is irrelevant – and it is certainly far greater than the old-fashioned conventional view of God as an old man on a cloud.

• :purple_heart:Much Love and Many blessings to you all!
19 Likes

Being new to this new journey and world. We have probably started our own Book of Shadows, our Journals, or even a Mirror Memory Book. For this blessing, I pulled inspiration from many sources and I looked towards the four elements of Earth, Air, Water & Fire. I meditated on these elements while calling upon them, seeing bits of visions. Woke this morning to see what I had written, so I was inspired by this version of a Book Blessing, here it goes:
I lit a white candle

By Mother Earth not yet forlorn,
the Wind that proceeds the storm.
By the Water that cleanses the soul,
the Fire that burns through the ages untold.
By the gentle Earth from which we come,
This blessing shall not be undone.
These precious Books I do bless,
as the four elements will attest.
This blessing shall protect these books,
from curious eyes that pry and look.
Keep them safe from things that harm,
while I fill these books with knowledge and charms.
In this realm of magic these books shall reside,
no one but the chosen shall see what’s inside.
By my will this I do wish,
as I seal it with a kiss.
For those of the Craft can truly see,
By my will so smote it be.

magic book

20 Likes

What is a blessing?

A blessing used as a noun. Could be a special favor, mercy, or benefit: the blessings of liberty.

Or a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness. The invocation of God’s favor upon a person: The son was denied his father’s blessing. Other uses? Praise; devotion; worship, especially grace said before a meal: The children took turns reciting the blessing. It also is used as approval or good wishes: The proposed law had the blessing of the governor. Essentially from Thesaurus.com
Now, Are a wish and a blessing the same? No, a wish is a hope or desire but like in birth control, hope is not a method and those who use it are soon called parents. But a blessing is something entirely different.
Remember the old saying ‘words have power’, you almost have the answer in one sentence. As a magic practitioner, I feel a blessing is an invocation of power sent to another. Whether it is used through your will, and power alone, or invoked through a Deity, Guardian Angel or being of extreme power. You can also call forth the power of the elements which I promise is substantial.
As you all grow older, you will also grow in power. You don’t really learn power you’ve always had it. What you do learn is to channel it correctly for the good of all. But there are those who believe in chaos magick where things aren’t always for good. This is the entire purpose of teaching the young the craft. It wouldn’t do to mistakenly create an earthquake in Paraguay, now would it?
I’m being somewhat factious but hey…you never know.
Be gentle in your dealings with others, be kind, if you do good things, good things will come back. I always like the movie line, "Pay it forward’
Love and blessings
Garnet

17 Likes