:chakras: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Chakras

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Weather Witchery :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

After weathering the storm of last week’s challenge, the skies have cleared and found their peace- so it’s time to seek peace and balance within as well :person_in_lotus_position:

The theme for this week’s challenge is credited to two wonderful people- both @Phoenix_Rose and @mary25 offered inspiration for this challenge! :heart: And that theme is…

Chakra Chakras Spells8 Witch Challenge

:chakras: :rainbow: The Chakras :sparkles::cyclone:

An ancient energy work system that supports health, balance, and stability

What are the “chakras”?

Chakras have only recently become more well-known, with the growth in popularity of yoga and New Age philosophies in general. They are a complex and ancient energy system that originated in India. They were first mentioned in the Vedas, ancient sacred texts of spiritual knowledge dating from 1500 to 1000 BC. There’s a lot one can study about them.

From Healthline: Chakras: A Beginner’s Guide

The world of chakras is a vast one- from traditional methods associated with religious or spiritual paths to modern uses of chakras in health and well-being, there is truly a lot for one to explore!

This week is all about seeing how chakras might interact, assist with, or inspire your magickal path. Your work on the chakras might spark spellwork, guide meditations, help you find good health, deepen your studies on energy work, or simply provide an interesting academic area to study :open_book: :rainbow:

Please be aware that chakras have ties to certain cultures and religions that still exist in the modern world. As always, please remember to be mindful and respectful any time cultures, traditions, and practices come together. Thank you! :heart:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s theme challenges you to explore chakras - but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 1 : The Chakras :chakras:

This challenge is all about exploring how the chakras can enhance, assist, or inspire your Craft- but how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin?

To help you get started, the following list has a few suggestions in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:open_book: Learning About Chakras

Sharing knowledge is always a great way to enter the challenge- so whether chakras are a new interest or a favorite area of yours, consider depending your pool of wisdom by doing some research. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

A History of the Chakra Energy Systems
History-of-Chakra-Energy-Systems-Chakras

Chakra Masterpost
Chakra Masterpost Spells8

(The following resources are exclusive for current Spells8 Members- to access them, please log into your active Spells8 account or make a new account. Thank you!)

Basics of the Root Chakra
root-chakra-beginners-guide

Basics of the Sacral Chakra
sacral-chakra

Basics of the Solar Plexus Chakra
Solar-Plexus-or-Manipura-Chakra

Basics of the Heart Chakra
heart-chakra

Basics of the Throat Chakra
throat-chakra

Basics of the Third Eye Chakra
third-eye-chakra

Basics of the Crown Chakra
crown-chakra

:magic_wand: Chakras in Magick

Chakras are, in essence, a form of Energy Work- and wielding energy to manifest is something witches do very well! There are many ways to bring chakras into the Craft, here are just a few suggestions to help you get started :mage:

Chakra Protection Ritual by @SilverBear

→ For additional inspiration you can visit the Chakras Tag

:raised_hands: …And More!

The suggestions above are just that- simple suggestions! If you feel called to explore the chakras in another way, please feel free to do so! :blush:

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the theme :star2:

Picture from The Herbal Academy

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

For your entry to be counted towards the challenge, please share:

1. How you explored the chakras in your magickal practice this week

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here for instructions on where to post your entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new thread in the forum (doing so keeps your entry separate and is a good option if you have a lot to share)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, December 20 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( Time Converter: 2022-12-20T06:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

From Root to Crown, your energy flows
And as you tune in, that energy grows
Let it bring you strength and guide your spell-
May you and your chakras be happy, strong, and well!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed be!

:chakras::sparkles:

20 Likes

I’m starting to amass quite a collection of crystals, so maybe I can use them to balance some of my chakras? With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, I’m starting to feel some of them becoming unbalanced. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

12 Likes

I’m excited for this weekly challenge - chakra work has been on my list of topics to learn more about! :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Hmm… :thinking: I’m not too big on chakras but I’ll see what I can do for this challenge!

10 Likes

I’ve got to get on the ball here, I’ve missed two challenges! Looking forward to this one!

10 Likes

I’ve been thinking about chakras lately. In fact, i’ ve been thinking about Kundalini energy flowing from Mulhadara to Sahasrara.
I think i will dance this challenge :dancer:

10 Likes

I am looking forward to this challenge. I am not sure what to do, a chakra tarot spread or chakra dowsing or…

A couple weeks back I had a crazy Monday, same day as @MeganB was having a crazy Monday.
I needed to ground. So I visualized white light coming in through my crown chakra and red splashed up in my body in response. It concerned me and I thought of blood and wondered if I had hurt myself. (I know sounds crazy but I can overthink and over worry) So, I checked in with my mother and she said it was my root chakra that was overactive. So, I went about a grounding spell from 365 Tarot Spells by Sasha Graham which used the Queen of Wands. I focused on grounding. Then I was able to bring in the white light without the red splash. I felt so calm and centered. It was very cool.

13 Likes

I just love this topic and I wanted to share some knowledge I found out about the kundalini (LexiHex) thanks for the tip this is the first thing that came to my mind. That and meditation! That would be nice if everyone shared one good meditation. Ow yeah before I forget here’s a link check it out I thought this was good info.
https://eocinstitute.org/meditation/kundalini-awakening-chakra-healing/?mind_power&gclid=CjwKCAiAheacBhB8EiwAItVO24nAtPKve7KioIvTFe8jg0eSrMrDAkh_ez6R36Ei646PI2KwVIiGBxoC_qwQAvD_BwE

Kassandra, I think that’s a wonderful Idea to balance your chakras!:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::heartbeat::purple_heart:
What color stones do you want to work with?
When you lie down you can incorporate shapes around your body! Like if you you Rose Quartz you could have a heart shape around the body.
Amethyst- I am glad your back on the ball and you are able to be apart of our circle!
Madudot7- so I am glad you shared how being grounded is important. I ha ha been over stressed and didn’t do my witchy homework and have felt no worth. The same thing has happened to me.
Some questions is too ask your five senses what do I smell, see, feel and hear and just try to get those emotions I intake. We always have strong emotions but it’s important to have a good practice to help our cognitive states. I always act like I am a tree and then I imagine my roots being tethered. I need to breathe in love and out the negative. I will envision a
:purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::heartbeat::yellow_heart:Lite radiating clear to the highest point :arrow_up_small: I imagine the Galaxy
Then imagine the light white lite beaming all the the way :arrow_up_down: down each side like a cross.
For me this makes me feel more centered.
Jeannie

12 Likes

Hi Jeannie. Girl, you got this! My intuition has been unusually active and strong. Almost like it is taking control of my thoughts and my body. I sense you have a big heart and a calm
Disposition. You also seem mentally organized with a plan on how to use your Charakas to help you get grounded.

Blessed Be as always
Medea

11 Likes

challenge entry
Having had a chest infection thats caused a flare up of my asthma this week has made a wellbeibg challenge such as chakras a great challenge to do.

I recently discovered that some of my oracle and tarot decks have a chakra spread so im going to do a few of those to see what my chakras may be saying or what state they are in

I also have a crystal chart which shows crystals for each chakra
Red jasper
Tigers eye
Yellow jasper
Green aventurine
Apatite
Lapis lazuli
Amethyst

Whether thats what crystals to use, esp since i dont gave all, maybe ill use canelian instead or red jasper. Etc

Ill do a reading of a chakra spread and see what it says and then use the crystals relavent to the chakra to help to fix any chakras that might need help

10 Likes

May also look at herbs as well for each chakra

8 Likes

@Jeannie1 thanks for mentioning kundalini. I, of course , forgot to mention it in my post because my mind gets distracted :chipmunk:and then I forget. :crazy_face: When I have had energy work done on me the person always chuckled because the energy around my head was always so chaotic so she always made sure she worked on helping me ground.

Anyhoo, I have done kundalini yoga and want to find my book. That was some of the best yoga for my back. I will post some simple things I find that help raise the kundalini.

When I imagine roots/light etc interesting things happen so I don’t do it often. One time my friend was doing energy work for me and told me to bring in white shimmering light as a stream of light. It came in like shards. She checked in and said she wasn’t sure why it was happening like that but that it wasn’t hurting me and was helping things clear so to keep going.

I had been told I could command myself to ground , that didn’t work. Then it came to me to invite myself to ground - that worked better. But honestly, the fact that I would rebel against being commanded by myself (which I do when others try to command me) is hilarious!

I do like the roots visualization but then I get a brown weighted image coming up. None of it seems to harm but I don’t know why these things come up so I stop.

Sometimes, I just ask my mom to send grounding energy as I can’t seem to get there on my own. Still something to work on for me. Would love to get a technique that doesn’t give me a visualization in return or would at least like to know it wasn’t hurting me.

When I used to have panic attacks years ago the senses questions were a big help!

@Kasandra great idea to use crystals to help balance your chakras!!

@Phoenix_Fire I hope you get better soon! Tarot chakra spreads are fun.

@LexiHex dance the challenge? That is intriguing. I can’t wait to read about your dance and kundalini energy entry!

@jill8 enjoy delving into chakras! A simple way to remember the colours, if you don’t know already know, is ROYGBIV (like how we remember the rainbow) Red- root, orange-sacral, yellow- solar plexus, green-heart, blue-throat, indigo-3rd eye, violet-crown.

@MeganB i hope you find something you would like to do for this challenge. :slight_smile:

@BryWisteria thanks for posting this challenge. It came up much quicker than I was expecting. :grinning:

You got this @Amethyst !!!

11 Likes

Dancing is a great way of active meditation and a great way of empowering i use this method a lot to charge sigils.
This time i will just cleanse and awake the energy of every chakra through a dance.

8 Likes

Very cool! I have not tried dance as a meditation before. It does make sense when really a meditation is being fully present to the moment you are in. And you can get entranced in the dance. I have not been able to let go like that in a long time.

9 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement, love! It’s needed this week!

8 Likes

That’s a great idea! I work with Rose Quartz a lot, so maybe I could use them somehow.

8 Likes

@Kasandra The hustle and bustle of the holidays can certainly be unbalancing- it sounds like you’ve got a good plan in sight! Wishing you good luck with your crystal chakra work :gem::chakras:

@jill8 Hooray! I’m glad you like the theme, Jill- good luck and I hope you find that you enjoy your chakra work :blush:

@MeganB I believe in you, Megan- you’ve got this! :raised_hands: :grinning:

@Amethyst The next Catch-Up Challenge is never too far away- there’s always a rain check for challenges :wink: That being said, if things align this week and you’re able to, then I’m wishing you all the best with your chakra work! :sparkles::blush:

@LexiHex That sounds awesome- a chakra dance must be a really neat thing! Would love to hear more about it (and happy dancing!) :dancer: :two_hearts:

@Phoenix_Rose Chakra tarot and chakra dowsing work are both really exciting ways to pursue to the challenge- if you have the energy (and it’s not too crazy for this week!), why not do both? :wink: Good luck and happy chakra work, Maudot! And thanks again for such a great challenge theme! :heart:

@Jeannie1 You are always a treasure trove of great resources and helpful knowledge- thank you so much for sharing your chakra advice, Jeannie! It’s clear that this is an area close to your heart that you really enjoy :rainbow: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Phoenix_Fire I’m so sorry about your chest infection and asthma flare up- I hope you are feeling much better now, Phoenix :pray: Thank you for sharing your crystal chakra work (I recommend your carnelian idea, but I’m very biased- it’s a fave of mine! :wink:) Good luck and I hope it helps you find insights about any future chakra work to do!

10 Likes

HAHA!! Same @Phoenix_Rose, my squirrel is not running on its wheel but doing parkour in my mind, lol.

Challenge Entry

I’m really digging how these challenges are lining up with my intentions, lol. I was just thinking I need to do some chakra work. I’ve been feeling really fatigued and have a ton of brain fog.

I found this meditation on YouTube that is all seven Chakra chanting. I did it last night and felt so much better. I’m going to incorporate this into my week moving forward. You spend roughly 5 minutes focusing on each chakra, for a total of 35 minutes. While doing the chant, I performed the appropriate hasta mudras (hand gestures) for each chakra. While each chakra has a few to choose from, here are the ones I used.

Root: Prithvi mudra - earth mudra, connects the fire and earth elements to activate the elemental forces of the root chakra. This mudra is great for healing symptoms associated with a blocked root chakra like fatigue or weakness.

Sacral: Yoni mudra - means “womb” in Sanskrit and associated with the female Hindu god Shakti. This mudra is beneficial for women as it activates the Swadhisthana energy around the reproductive organs. Additionally, it can help balance our emotions when we feel anxious.

Solar Plexus:: Rudra mudra - the gesture of strength. It is said to help increase positive thinking, willpower, and inner strength.

Heart: Hridaya - helps with symptoms such as high blood pressure, releases built-up emotions, and reduces stress/anxiety.

Throat: Granthita mudra - brings nourishing energy to the throat and thyroid, increases confidence and connect to the truth.

Third Eye: Gyan mudra - increases mental concentration and focus, activates the air and fire elements, energizing the mind, nervous system, endocrine system, and pituitary gland.

Crown: Thousand Petals mudra - creates a gateway to transcendence and the divine. This mudra you hold over the crown of your head.

19 Likes

My Challenge Entry :rainbow:

I love a good online quiz, especially one that tells me useful information :laughing: so for this challenge, I decided to do an online chakra questionnaire that supposedly tells you if your chakras are open, over-active, under-active, or closed. Of course, this is just a questionnaire that can’t tell me definitively whether my chakras are in good balance or not (and honestly, I tend to align myself with a different view on energy systems and the body – chakras aren’t really my thing).

So, I took this quiz from Eclectic Energies and got the following results.

My Sacral, Hearth, and Throat chakras are open while my Root, Navel (I’m assuming this is the Solar Plexus chakra…), Third Eye, and Crown chakras are under-active. I then went to Chopra.com and found an article with signs the chakras may be unbalanced or closed. The information quoted below is from that article.

Root Chakra—Muladhara

This chakra, physically located at the feet, legs, and “roots” of your being, is connected with the element of Earth. The root chakra is associated with your sense of safety, security, and feeling at home within your skin. This chakra is also related to your family of origin and your human tribe.

Warning Signs this Chakra Is Out of Balance

If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may have an imbalance in the root chakra:

• Pain and stiffness in your feet and legs
  • Excess flexibility in your hamstrings/low sense of physical stability
  • Feeling ungrounded, unsafe, and insecure
  • Home life feels chaotic and unsettled
  • Feeling stuck in life/low sense of flexibility

Solar Plexus Chakra—Manipura

This chakra, physically located at the abdomen, mid-back, and side body, is connected with the element of Fire. The solar plexus chakra is associated with all of your thoughts and feelings about yourself. This chakra is about your relationship with yourself.

If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may have an imbalance in the solar plexus chakra:

• Digestive issues and abdominal pain
  • Low self-esteem
  • Overinflated ego
  • Inability to commit
  • Inability to follow through with goals

Third Eye Chakra—Ajna

This chakra is physically located at the center of the forehead in the space between the eyebrows and inside the mind. The third eye chakra is associated with your intuition, imagination, inner wisdom, and insight. This chakra is also related to your ability to see deep within your heart spaces to the truest, wisest parts of yourself. When the third eye chakra is open, you see the bigger picture and have a positive view of the future.

If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may have an imbalance in the third eye chakra:

• Headaches
  • Brain fog
  • Lack of intuitive guidance
  • Lack of inspiration
  • Overactive, overwhelming imagination

Crown Chakra—Sahasrara

This chakra is physically located at the top of the head and skull. The crown chakra is associated with your sense of enlightenment and remembrance that you are a small part of a greater whole. This chakra is also related to your sense of place in the universe.

If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may have an imbalance in the crown chakra:

• Headaches
  • Inability to concentrate or focus on the task at hand
  • Seemingly constant drama in your life
  • Inability to see beyond your own small corner of the world
  • Inability to take on other’s perspectives or practice empathy

It’s interesting to me how many of these symptoms that I seem to have because my chakras may be under-active are also symptoms of my mental illnesses or current life situation. I think a lot of this is a combination of mundane stuff going on but also spiritual things happening. I’ll be honest – I’m not sure how much deeper I’ll dig into chakras but this was an interesting correlation to notice, for sure!

18 Likes

Anytime! :heart:

7 Likes